Should I Choose A Round Or Square Pot For My Plants?

Just adding my 2 cents. I'm going to be building containers into the 10'x20' high tunnel that I will build this summer. Here in MI we can have up to 12 plants, so I will need to conserve what space I have so, they will be square.

Just adding my 2 cents. I'm going to be building containers into the 10'x20' high tunnel that I will build this summer. Here in MI we can have up to 12 plants, so I will need to conserve what space I have so, they will be square.
I don't find it matters much and will use both, mine are round now as I use self watering pots and round is what is avalable. Don't matter if you have a couple less plants in the room as you can train for more yield off less plants. Growing 10 instead of twelve won't make much differance in the grand scheme of things. I would forsure use square pot's for a sea of green grow, but other than that it wouldn't matter much to me. Conclusion? Use what you have unless room is a major consideration. In Northern Canada here we used to rent these old houses that had 10-12-14 foot walls in some of them(they don't build them like that anymore) so we would put one or two sativas in there break out a few 1000 watt halides and walk away with pounds off of two plants. I think it only matters if your hard up for space but sounds like a storm in a teacup anyways as a small area can only handle so much canopy and if your methods are good you don't need much pot for quite a bit of plant. Nope I think were all putting too much thought into not much here. Use what you have and you'll do well, sea of green is where I would make an exception and care about pot shape.

I won't just be growing smoke in the high tunnel. I will use it for garden starts and grow some things that normally don't/can't grow in my normal season. And I agree, it is not about quantity of plants, but, quality and quantity of the yield. Also planter size not shape. I can build the planters I need with materials I already have so, it is also a cost savings for me as well.

I won't just be growing smoke in the high tunnel. I will use it for garden starts and grow some things that normally don't/can't grow in my normal season. And I agree, it is not about quantity of plants, but, quality and quantity of the yield. Also planter size not shape. I can build the planters I need with materials I already have so, it is also a cost savings for me as well.
Indeed, work with what you have. Also what's a high tunnel? I'll look into it but if you have some handy info that would be apreciated.

Back
Top Bottom