Should I Chop?

Cwmoore577

Here's my purple punch plant. It's day 75 of 12/12.

I've checked the trichomes under the microscope and it has plenty of amber, I'd day close to 60% cloudy, 40% amber maybe even 50/50.

The only question is that the top buds have that purple tinge to them but the lower ones are still a light green. It's such a short and bushy indica the lower ones have taken longer to get that purple color to them. Should I take the tops and leave the lower ones to ripen?

Here are some photos..

You can see in this one that the lower bud is lighter in color
IMG_1625 - Copy.jpeg

IMG_1631 - Copy.jpeg

IMG_1629 - Copy.jpeg
IMG_1621 - Copy.jpeg
IMG_1620 - Copy (2).jpeg
IMG_1619 - Copy.jpeg

They look ready to me, but it's hard to say without checking your trics with a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe.
Check out my "Time to Harvest" link in my signature.
I'd also recommend reading the last three links in my sig, as it goes into bud washing (In case you're not familiar with it), curing, and some other things I've tried.

Here's my purple punch plant. It's day 75 of 12/12.

I've checked the trichomes under the microscope and it has plenty of amber, I'd day close to 60% cloudy, 40% amber maybe even 50/50.

The only question is that the top buds have that purple tinge to them but the lower ones are still a light green. It's such a short and bushy indica the lower ones have taken longer to get that purple color to them. Should I take the tops and leave the lower ones to ripen?

Here are some photos..

You can see in this one that the lower bud is lighter in color
IMG_1625 - Copy.jpeg

IMG_1631 - Copy.jpeg

IMG_1629 - Copy.jpeg
IMG_1621 - Copy.jpeg
IMG_1620 - Copy (2).jpeg
IMG_1619 - Copy.jpeg
I see that the leaves are lighter but pistols are dark and mostly turned in. Usually a helpful indicator of readiness. Given the fact your trics are almost 50/50 I wouldn’t wait much longer personally . Usually that amount of amber leans toward sleepy than buzzy smoked.
Not sure what effect your trying to achieve but your plants are beautiful. Happy growing brother.

They look ready to me, but it's hard to say without checking your trics with a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe.
Check out my "Time to Harvest" link in my signature.
I'd also recommend reading the last the links in my sig, as it goes into bud washing (In case you're not familiar with it), curing, and some other things I've tried.
Ok. Yea I've checked the trics. I don't think ill bud wash, wouldn't want it taking any smell away.
Thanks!
I see that the leaves are lighter but pistols are dark and mostly turned in. Usually a helpful indicator of readiness. Given the fact your trics are almost 50/50 I wouldn’t wait much longer personally . Usually that amount of amber leans toward sleepy than buzzy smoked.
Not sure what effect your trying to achieve but your plants are beautiful. Happy growing brother.
Good point. Thank you, this is the first harvest since upgrading my lighting and it's a completely different outcome. I personally prefer a lighter, energizing buzz but many others don't.

Ok. Yea I've checked the trics. I don't think ill bud wash, wouldn't want it taking any smell away.
Thanks!

Good point. Thank you, this is the first harvest since upgrading my lighting and it's a completely different outcome. I personally prefer a lighter, energizing buzz but many others don't.
Yeah... it doesn't take away any of the smell.. First time I've heard that one. Do you wash your veggies and fruits before you consume them?
It will however help even out the cure and from my, and many others experience, it makes it smoke so much better.
But... to each their own.

Yeah... it doesn't take away any of the smell.. First time I've heard that one. Do you wash your veggies and fruits before you consume them?
It will however help even out the cure and from my, and many others experience, it makes it smoke so much better.
But... to each their own.
Yea I've looked into it. A lot of people vouch for it and many against it. It does make a lot of sense I might try to do a side by side and see the differences. The smell is just one of the issues someone on here mentioned but who knows.

Yea I've looked into it. A lot of people vouch for it and many against it. It does make a lot of sense I might try to do a side by side and see the differences. The smell is just one of the issues someone on here mentioned but who knows.
I did a comparison in that writeup. You can definitely see/taste the difference. Honestly I'm more concerned with the harshness and taste vs. smell. Nothing worse than lighting up some awesome smelling bud and it ends up tasting like crap.

Yep. Time to chop .
And wash those buds.
After 14 harvests in the last 4 months ,
and all buds washed ,
there are NO negatives.
Look into the Low Slow Dry Method as well.
You will lose your smell during drying and the initial cure.
If all is done correctly , your smell will come back at about week 5 or 6 of your cure.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom