Should I dry my buds in my van or outside?

This thread is a walk down memory lane of the " Just say no" era. I used the trunk of a project car, opening it 3 times a day. Buds molded. A friend went into the woods and hung them up high in a tree so he couldn't see them from the ground. He forgot what tree he hung them in. Fortunately he left one down low and obvious as a marker so this wouldn't happen. We determined someone else must have found that one.

I would loosely wrapped the plant in a brown tarp like bouquet of flowers. Then hang it open side down from a sapling in the brush so the tarp is a foot off the ground. Allows ventilation, protects from rain or dew, and reduces pests. Use the brush to camo and block the sun from heating it. Wait 7 warm dry days or 14 cool wet days before you stomp down a trail to them again. Walk around the area looking for new trails before you go in to collect your plant and have surprise guests. Never dry where you grow. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I didn't know the cardboard would wick the moisture into the air, I was wondering how that drying process worked.
Brown paper as in the paper bags our groceries are put into by the cashier; at least over here. It is a basic pulp paper and is porous so there is a slow air exchange and along with that the moisture is able to escape. Brown cardboard is made from the same grade of paper.

In the photo that was shown many messages ago the cardboard box was painted and that layer of paint will definitely slow down the wicking process. Same goes for paper bags that have been coated with something to make a glossy looking surface. While that box had been painted it worked because of the holes that were cut in it for air exchange.

Back in the good ol' days of the mid 70s we would walk through the woods by the cabin. A short distance away was an old cabin probably built in the very late 1800s or early1900s and finally abandoned in the late '50s. Inside we found thick fishing line strung across the rooms and the floor was covered with dried up crushed leaves. Someone had harvested and then carried everything to the cabin to dry. I remember that there were very few seeds so most likely they harvested and dried the male and female plants together. Then they hiked it out to the two track road which was about 100-125 yards/meters away. True guerilla style growing and harvesting.

Back
Top Bottom