Slow growth

vonb

It’s week 4 tbh and my plants aren’t looking like much other plants at week 4. My medium is FFOF and I barely use nutes at the moment. I think due to temperature in tent between 77-87 degrees and humidity over 50% with these autos are making them grow slow right? I’ll try to open up the sides of the tent to see if that does it any better. My light schedule is 20-4 for the autos #FirstGrowEver #Needhelp thanks for any feedback

Attachments

• AAA769E7-BB96-4CB0-B2E6-3AD32EB046A6.jpeg
    AAA769E7-BB96-4CB0-B2E6-3AD32EB046A6.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 137
Can you use a fan blowing at your lights and maybe lower them a little. Not a user of Led but would think being closer could help. If only just past seedling stage they can take a week or two to settle into new pots and root environment too i find. Are you using any root products at all ?.( seedling strength). You could also water in a spiral from the stem to edge to tey to encourage the roots out further. If you water direct down the stem then they wont go searching for water so spiralling can tease them out quicker. Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck

Is that plant on the right in a fabric pot, in a plastic one? What size cans or pots are those ones you're talking about?

A fan on the plants ould help, I agree.

Temps and humidity isn't bad. Might want to watch the high RH as they bud.

Some autos are fickle and FFOF alone through four weeks is enough ferts. So, anything else/more could have slowed them.

Other than that, it's week four and there is a lot going on down below in the soil. Autos take off around now so just be patient. Lower the light a bit until you see some effects.

Be patient.

Is that plant on the right in a fabric pot, in a plastic one? What size cans or pots are those ones you're talking about?

A fan on the plants ould help, I agree.

Temps and humidity isn't bad. Might want to watch the high RH as they bud.

Some autos are fickle and FFOF alone through four weeks is enough ferts. So, anything else/more could have slowed them.

Other than that, it's week four and there is a lot going on down below in the soil. Autos take off around now so just be patient. Lower the light a bit until you see some effects.

Be patient.
Yeah it’s in a protein shake jug. Amazon has really been messing up orders. I’ve ordered 3 3 gallons pots and instead they sent me 2 2 gallon pots. I was highly pissed and couldn’t wait anymore much long for the new pots because the seeds were germinating. And what’s does “High RH mean”

Rh is relative humidty. Ideally during flower it has to be low to avoid mould ect... dense buds hold a lot of moisture and if the air is too damp and warm then rot and mould spore can thrive. In veg around 50-60 is where i aim to keep things. 85 is very moist and leaves that touch others can rot from pooling on them.

Those pots are small for soil to flower in. It is what it is. Id take the fabric pot out of the plastic one. Let the roots breath a bit. Id let her dry out, and considering you are in a two gallon you might want to use half strength nutes. That soil is already spent, basically.

Don't panic and don't kill them by over ferting them trying to catch up. You still have good plants that will give you good meds.

Good luck. Find a local grow shop and support them. Amazon don't care about you, your locals will.

Namaste

What pots do you recommend? 3-5 gallon pots? I see some other people are in Week 4 like I am but their plants are taller than mine why is that? I think it was due to it being hot in the tent and having the side vents closed I have fan in there too. The side vents are now open and it’s cool in there which I guess is good correct? Not too hot not too cool? It’s in between.

when i was in soil i did 18 - 20 L pots. mine were plastic. most were re-purposed office waste baskets, or the common round 5 gal buckets found at hardware stores.

plants grow to the size of the rootball, which is governed by pot size. some outdoor growers use pots up to 50 L. you can grow monsters in those.

Find a local grow shop and support them. Amazon don't care about you, your locals will.

fantastic advice and a good way to live. support your local.

Those pots are small for soil to flower in. It is what it is. Id take the fabric pot out of the plastic one. Let the roots breath a bit. Id let her dry out, and considering you are in a two gallon you might want to use half strength nutes. That soil is already spent, basically.

Don't panic and don't kill them by over ferting them trying to catch up. You still have good plants that will give you good meds.

Good luck. Find a local grow shop and support them. Amazon don't care about you, your locals will.

Namaste
What pots do you recommend? 3-5 gallon pots? I see some other people are in Week 4 like I am but their plants are taller than mine why is that? I think it was due to it being hot in the tent and having the side vents closed I have fan in there too. The side vents are now open and it’s cool in there which I guess is good correct? Not too hot not too cool? It’s in between.

when i was in soil i did 18 - 20 L pots. mine were plastic. most were re-purposed office waste baskets, or the common round 5 gal buckets found at hardware stores.

plants grow to the size of the rootball, which is governed by pot size. some outdoor growers use pots up to 50 L. you can grow monsters in those.

fantastic advice and a good way to live. support your local.
Alright so I’ll go with 5 gallon pots next because I’m really late in weeks I’m at week 4 and they’re small

Five is a good

Five is a good size. I settled into sevens Bigger can - bigger plant, usually. That assumes the environment is correct. Bigger pots are also good to cut down on your watering.

You can grow big, but it's gotta be good. ;) I see some of the buds in the solo cup challenges by some great growers that are fire.

My advice is fabric pots. They are brilliant for roots and they air trim themselves when they reach an edge. Each root that dies naturally this way , encourages replacements to be made fresh , so with a network of roots reaching the edges regulary you dont get root rounding or potbound. With plastic pots the Tap root will spiral around the pot looking for water which can have the effect of limiting root growth elsewhere in the ball and also limits how many thick, hungry,greedy roots she will send out hunting. Please try them , i was shocked hiw much difference they made to rapid root network and the thickness they sent out. It can also help with overwatering as any excess soaks to the outside and evaporates.. i used 37 litre fabric pots and the roots hit the bottom and sides in just over a week( in coco ). Worth a research friend
Also look at the logic behind using 4inch rockwool cubes and letting them air prune before putting into their main pots. This creates 2 inches of very thick , strong and important root mass before they are let loose to go hunting. There is a video out there but cant remember the actual title now ( will look) but it is something like " why the first two inches is important" . It sounded hilarious as a title for obvious reasons so i watched it expecting a piss take and boy was i intrigued. The guy grew outside in legal garden and his plants were actually 10ft trees but the technique applied to ALL grows and medium used.

I'd venture to guess transplanting your auto's caused them some shock and that's why they are growing slower than normal. In coco I stick with 3 gallon fabric. With soil I find 5 gallon works fine. If your extremely careful not to disturb the roots you can pot up autos. But, I usually start in the pot I'll finish in.

I'd venture to guess transplanting your auto's caused them some shock and that's why they are growing slower than normal. In coco I stick with 3 gallon fabric. With soil I find 5 gallon works fine. If your extremely careful not to disturb the roots you can pot up autos. But, I usually start in the pot I'll finish in.
If I want to use nutrients right away instead of me using the FFOF soil what else could I use such as Coco coir or soil

With coco, I feed around 200 ppm right from the start. Ph.5.8 I don't feed my soil. Rainwater only. A worm casting tea every 2-3 weeks to enhance my microbes and feed them.

Back
Top Bottom