snapped branch, can be fixed?

southflorida

OK, today started off like any other - then i noticed this accidental abuse. because the plant is in a common area it gets moved sometimes by people other than me.. one of my lower branches with the most bud sites and trichome activity was snapped about 4" from the main stalk and was just hanging by a thread. I tied it up to my best ability holding it together with a clothespin. so its supported alright with string and looks like it would if it werent snapped.. but is there any way to ensure or help this branch stay alive? the branch still looks 100% healthy past the snap but has only been a day since it happened.

That sucks, but I would probably just dry and cure it for an early treat. :grinjoint:

By now, theres probably a pretty good chance of an air embolism in the stem and the clone not being able to root. :peace:

OK update of what i did.. i chopped it as it started to wilt. starting to manicure.. looking thru the tip i see a strange color - turns out to be a small brown-tan maggot/larvae looking critter(almost like a mini mealworm, with the dark/black tip(mouth?) maybe 4mm long. it was burrowed into the tip and was forcefully removed with tweezers.. so this tragedy may of turned up something more problematic. looking at it hanging manicured i may get a good size sample.

That is odd.

Is there a chance this "worm" burrowed into the stem of this branch weakening it and the weight of the bud or movement caused the branch to snap?

Hi SouthFlorida, this may be a little late to help you this time, but you CAN repair a broken branch provided there are still threads attached,and it's not completly broken off, I have done this dozens of times and it's always worked.
Basicly treat it as a broken arm or leg, to give it added support use a lolly pop stick or something similar, gently raise the branch back into position then from about an inch either side of the break rap around some band aid plasters or any other tape to attach the support and support the brake, you can go over the broken area with tape too, i also use clonex gel to help seal the wound.
Hope this may be of help in the future.
Taff

Back
Top Bottom