Sniff sniff sniff sniff: What y'all smoking on?

Is it Friday already? Yep!

Time for my weekend ritual of breaking out a cool album and some homegrown bud.

Tonight it’s gonna be the commonly overlooked 3rd LP from the “three men of Willowdale”, Rush.

Hindsight shows this record to be a pivotal point in the band’s development, building on the idea of longer pieces that began on the previous album Fly By Night, and fully realized on their next and very successful disc 2112.

This would be the second album the band released in 1975. It was not a commercial success.
Album sales at the time were down for them with this one, and there was fear the band would be dropped by their record label. The subsequent American gigs were referred to by the band as the “down the tubes tour”. The future looked bleak. The band’s manager was able to talk the label into giving the band one more shot at a successful LP and the resulting record in ‘76 called 2112 gave Rush their first big success. They would continue to enjoy it for the next 40 years.

So what’s wrong with this record? Nothing really. It was actually a very ambitious endeavor for them.
Geddy Lee would say decades later that they were pretty high when they made this record. You can tell!
It contains the excellent “Bastille Day “ and the fan favorite “Lakeside Park”. Their early fan base may not have been ready for the 12-1/2 minute “The Necromancer”, or the 20 minute side-long epic tale of “The Fountain of Lamneth”, but again, looking back, this is actually a very good, If perhaps misunderstood album. I love it. Always have.

I’m gonna roll up a jay of Sweet Thai and enjoy the epic scope of this disc. Heady stuff!
The album and the bud!

1BBC0064-9240-4E17-B4F8-42252859D4DE.jpeg

You made me think of this song:

This week marked the 50th anniversary of the release of the marvelous LP Abbey Road

So in the spirit of the times, I’m listening to this classic album tonight along with indulging in a little classic cannabis.

This record ranks highly among every album ever recorded. It’s a fantastic listen front to back.

John offers up the classic “Come Together” , “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” , “ Because” and a couple cool tunes from the medley including “Sun King”, “Mean Mr. Mustard” & “Polythene Pam”.

George had his best ever Beatles tunes “Something” & “Here Comes the Sun” on this one, and are a couple of the finest songs ever written.

Even lovable Ringo has a great number in the form of the whimsical “Octopus’s Garden”.

Paul’s contribution to the LP includes the amazing vocal performance of “Oh! Darling”, “ She Came In Through the Bathroom Window” and “Golden Slumbers”.

The band was incredibly tight and the production is still second to none.

They have just come out with a 50th anniversary edition, completely re-mixed, but I haven’t gotten it yet. This is the remastered version from several years ago. It still sounds great, and really holds up over all these decades.

I’m enjoying this music with the benefit of some homegrown Sweet Thai. Sweet is the breeder.
While not a true landrace strain, the bud is very reminiscent of the old school Thai we used to enjoy.

Happy Anniversary Abbey Road!

923B3773-9F6A-4051-9D3E-1FFA9A900923.jpeg
17CB10AB-4C64-4E81-ADEE-CF4A281E12C6.jpeg
34484C24-B3A9-4330-960B-9DC8D71DDE8F.jpeg
17AA7776-A4FA-483E-AF08-8A3B28B37FB5.jpeg
8415918C-A184-47A0-85A4-701DE10F9E4A.jpeg

This week marked the 50th anniversary of the release of the marvelous LP Abbey Road

So in the spirit of the times, I’m listening to this classic album tonight along with indulging in a little classic cannabis.

This record ranks highly among every album ever recorded. It’s a fantastic listen front to back.

John offers up the classic “Come Together” , “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” , “ Because” and a couple cool tunes from the medley including “Sun King”, “Mean Mr. Mustard” & “Polythene Pam”.

George had his best ever Beatles tunes “Something” & “Here Comes the Sun” on this one, and are a couple of the finest songs ever written.

Even lovable Ringo has a great number in the form of the whimsical “Octopus’s Garden”.

Paul’s contribution to the LP includes the amazing vocal performance of “Oh! Darling”, “ She Came In Through the Bathroom Window” and “Golden Slumbers”.

The band was incredibly tight and the production is still second to none.

They have just come out with a 50th anniversary edition, completely re-mixed, but I haven’t gotten it yet. This is the remastered version from several years ago. It still sounds great, and really holds up over all these decades.

I’m enjoying this music with the benefit of some homegrown Sweet Thai. Sweet is the breeder.
While not a true landrace strain, the bud is very reminiscent of the old school Thai we used to enjoy.

Happy Anniversary Abbey Road!

923B3773-9F6A-4051-9D3E-1FFA9A900923.jpeg
17CB10AB-4C64-4E81-ADEE-CF4A281E12C6.jpeg
34484C24-B3A9-4330-960B-9DC8D71DDE8F.jpeg
17AA7776-A4FA-483E-AF08-8A3B28B37FB5.jpeg
8415918C-A184-47A0-85A4-701DE10F9E4A.jpeg
always well written and a great selection on the anniversary of the Beatles...thanks cannamusic

He said pass me the telephone chanwah(?) (challice?)
He take one draw, me started to laugh
He take another draw, started to cough.
Take the next draw, he started to talk, get serious and he take one puff.
Him say "What is this?"
Me say ganja :ganjamon:
"what them cal it? "
Marijuana
"what it name?"
Sensemillia
He say "Rap up the commissioner, rap up the inspector"
he rap up the lawyer, rap up the doctor
the doctor, the lawyer start confess...
say that the Cali weed is harmless.

JAH YA NATTY BUM
ME NO CARE
YELLOWMAN PUFF GANJA ANYWHERE

A Hard Rock classic tonight!

Oh yeah... this is the album that made Deep Purple one of the biggest bands of the ‘70’s.

Machine Head is an LP that almost never came to be.

The band went to Switzerland to record. Frank Zappa was playing in the venue where recording was to happen, but according to the lyrics to “Smoke on the Water”, ‘some stupid with a flare gun burned the place to the ground’. They ended up recording the album in the corridors of the closed for the season Grand Hotel with the aid of The Rolling Stones mobile recording unit parked outside.

In addition to that major hit, the disc also includes the opening track “Highway Star”, which is considered the ultimate Deep Purple track. There’s no way you can drive the speed limit with this fast rocker blasting through the speakers!

“Pictures of Home” is my personal favorite, with its amazing guitar, keyboards and bass solos, as well as intense drumming and ripping vocal delivery.

“Lazy” is a perfect example of their bluesy Hard Rock, with a killer keyboard intro and oh so articulate guitar work by Ritchie Blackmore.

“Space Truckin’ “ is another absolutely classic song and has a very memorable riff it’s built around.
The lyrics are really cool, taking the listener on a interstellar roller coaster ride.

This album demands to be listened to at maximum volume!

The bud choice for the listen is some homegrown Columbian Gold.
Aromatic and a touch earthy. It’s reminiscent of the stash from back in the day.

Cannabis and music. My favorite combo...

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

03C90B4F-EE8D-446F-96A1-9D313F575F82.jpeg

8DA2454B-2E3D-498C-A361-194ECEA69581.jpeg

7DB208EC-B375-451E-920F-BA686A320281.jpeg

Tangie all day, DoSiDos all night.

Back
Top Bottom