So say I order one single fem seed how do I get more fem seeds so I can grow more?

There are lots of complicated methods and sprays to accomplish this, but the easiest way to do this is to simply over grow it. Grow it to maturity and harvest all but a few buds, and then let the rest grow for another month or so, or until the plant dies. More often than not, there will be seeds in there at the end... feminized seeds, since no male was used in producing them. It is amazing sometimes to see the lengths that these plants will go to in order to keep the species going.

It's always good for growers to set goals, regardless of experience.

There's quite a few growers working on different ways of accomplishing it as Em said. I haven't attempted it myself yet.

Here's a read for you to get started.

Those would become regular seeds.
The other problem being that the original question was about getting a SINGLE seed, but that recipe calls for 2 full grown plants of different sexes, which is probably going to be a struggle without a seed.

You will have to do some reading up on how most hermaphrodite Marijuana plants show up in a grow. The basics are explained by Emilya. Let the female plant mature all the way through the flowering stage. Then when the buds are ready for harvesting them you would have to leave the plant in the growing container and just cut off most of the stems with the flowers you are planning on drying and curing. Leave some of the buds, the ones near the bottom will do, and continue to grow the plant for another month. Within a week or two you will notice some male flowers starting to show up in with the remaining female flowers. The female plant has started to turn into a hermaphrodite. My experience is that most of the time the male flowers will look like what others call "bananas".

However, you might also find several male flowers that are not banana shaped but instead look round like small "ball bearings" and that is where I figure Weekender threw in a bit of humor.

Emilya explains the basics of what and why this happens. The female plant produces some male flowers in order to get the pollen it needs to fertilize the female flowers. Keep watering & feeding like normal. After 4 weeks or so you will have some seeds. You might end up with more seeds than you want. No way to tell how many seeds but they should be there.

Most of those seed will produce female plants. There is an occasional seed that might produce a male plant but that seems to be rare. The downside to doing it this way is that the female plants will automatically start to produce male flower parts whether you want them to or not. Sometimes it is easy for the grower to remove the male parts and get some decent buds. Sometimes the plants from these seeds will just keep throwing out male flowers and it becomes a real chore to remove them and in really bad cases there might not be enough buds worth the effort.

Then there are ways of forcing a female plant to produce female seeds without having to hermaphrodite the plant. Those methods involve chemicals and some work by the grower.

All seed seller bs aside. You have caught on. If you buy and germ REGULAR seeds then you have a shot at producing seed. The seed sellers won't tell you this because they want you to buy more seed. If you grow males and females you can produce seed cutting the seed seller out of the picture.

How do you think Arjan "greenhouse seeds" destroys EVERY new country he visits? He takes good landrace seeds and trades for feminized. That way the farmer has nothing next year to grow. Great idea, huh?

Back
Top Bottom