Soil help and a funny story hehehe

i like we3d

Ok, so first off, I am growing (obviously) indoors, in soil, and in a closet! So, I have everything ready, except for the most important part. THE SOIL!!! How the hell did I expect to grow a plant without soil? V8 forhead slap to me. Anyways, I thought it would be alot easier to just come on here and ask for the best type of soil, and also nutrients. Which nutes would you suggest, I would like to keep it as less laborious as possible (and cost effective if possible), then just buying a basic pack. And also, I havent gotten a straight forward answer on this so what the heck, when do I use nutes and how do I use them. A lot of the guides are a little complicated for me, im a little slow with things haha.

Hi i like, :welcome:

I'll keep it as simple, and as straight forward as I can. All from my experience, and all my opinion. I won't even tell you to read a book or attach a link like some will (reading books is good but you said easy). Do you have a quality PH meter and a quality PPM meter? If you don't you need more than soil and nutes. You will need both those tools.

Find a quality hydroponics shop near you.

Two choices on soil, again in my opinion and experience. Advanced Sunshine #4 mix is the way to go. It has no nutes (neutral base), but it has stuff that will blow your roots up, and it drains well. You would have to start feeding soon with this medium. Clone's would need 200 ppm. Seeds 200 ppm at four nodes up the stalk. Hence the PPM meter.

Second would be Fox Farm...Light Warrior or Happy Frog for seed/clones (neutral base) with 150 or so ppms to start. Then transplant to Ocean Forest. Clones 2 weeks, seedlings, 6 nodes or when roots are well established. Once in Ocean Forest you're good for 3 weeks or so without feeding, just additives.

Nutes...that is a tough one. Tons of opinions out there, and a lot of great companies. Some are sponsors here. I would go with a one part grow/bloom nutrient. If you feel like mixing some, and having more control, go with a three part. Then there are additives, another story depending on if you go organic or synthetic. I prefer synthetic for my small scale set up. Check out Blue Planet Nutrients, a sponsor here. Members are getting great results.

Thanks man, and yes I have a PH meter no PPM meter.
And for soil, I use Fox Farm on my outside garden, so for ease and suggest I will go with that haha.
One more question though, I'm not cloning, I grow for personal use and just prefer not to clone. Do I still need the PPM meter?

Back
Top Bottom