Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal - 2012

Bongmaster Bud

Soil Multi-strain Grow Journal - 2012

Strain
Dutch Passion The Ultimate x2 (indica/sativa)
Green House Seeds Great White Shark x2 (indica/sativa)
Dinafem Seeds White Siberian x1 (mostly indica)
Dinafem Seeds Shark Attack x1 (indica/sativa)
Dinafem Seeds Sweet Deep Grapefruit x1 (mostly indica)

Soil
Starting from Seed
seedlings34.jpg

Indoor Soil Grow - Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix
3 Gallon Pots

Lights
125w 6500k CFL x2 for veg
300w 2700k CFL x2 for flowering

Grow Area
Grow Tent 2'wx3'lx6'h
oudside.jpg

inside12.jpg

Small computer fan to cool and circulate air
Temp range 75-85
Humidity range 50-70

Nutes
Aurora Innovations Roots Organics Master Pack
nutes36.jpg

Buddha Grow
Buddha Bloom
Trinity
Amino Aide
Big Swell
Ancient Amber
Extreme Serene
HP2
HPK
Oregonism XL

so i havent grow in soil before. anyone know how long i can expect to wait for them to start showing true leaves? seems to be going a bit slower then hydro

Day 4
day_413.jpg

I also have a feeding question. when im using nutes on them do i use water with nutes in it every time of should i feed once a week with enriched water and once a week with regular water. i know when i used a hydro setup i would put the nute water in the rez and then for about two weeks just top it off with regular water. not sure how to do it with soil

at how big should i transplant, i dont wanna wait too long and have the roots get messed up when i take it out the cup. or should i just cut the bottoms off the cups and plant the whole thing in the bigger pots

I am subbed!!!

ok, planning for the future, ill probably FIM the top on them, then scrog them, just not sure when to FIM them so they dont get out-of-control tall. my tents 62" and the buckets are a foot tall and the light fixtures a foot tall that leaves me 38" of wiggle room, how tall before i FIM and flower. ive never done any of the FIM or scrog techniques, i always just had a hydro setup and let them do their thing, but with the limited room in the tent just need to know when i should start doing these things.

After looking at BassPlayers finished perpetual grow journal, im thinking i have enough from in my tent to put a light tight box in the bottom to have vegging and put my flowering plants on top all in the tent... does anyone see any problems with that? heres the dimensions. again, ive never FIM or scrog any plants so im not sure how low i can keep them. does this seem like i can make it fit or too small?
dimensions.png

preping my pots for transfer... i got 3.5 gal buckets and punched holes for drainage in the bottom, then cut fiberglass screening to line the bottom with and perlite to cover the bottom inch or so, with the soil going on top of that. just gotta wait for my babies to get big enough to put then in there
pot_materials1.jpg

pot16.jpg

screen3.jpg

how long will a gal of water with nutes mixed into it stay good for?

You should only mix what you need, I would discard the rest... but you seriously should not be adding any nutes yet...espically since I think that Miracle-Gro soil has timed release fertilizers in it. Please check the bag...hell, I think even their perlite has TRFs in it.

Soil works differently than hydro... My only advice right now would be to take step back and just let them grow.

That, and go get something other than Miracle-Gro soil... I would not recommending transplanting into that when you don't have to. Too many other's have had problems with it.

It's normal for the first set of real leaves to yellow and fall off also.

:Namaste:

Something else I just noticed...I see you're using the roots line of nutrients. I'm not sure, but I think most of their potting soil is coco based...growing in coco means different nutrient requirements because coco binds some minerals. I don't grow in coco, so someone who does could explain better than I could. It may be fine, just make sure those nutes aren't specifically for coco.

Back
Top Bottom