Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal - 2012

Day 13
day_139.jpg

thinkin about puttin them in the big pots soon

Day 14
day_14_transplant.jpg

Transplanted them to their big pot, i checked one and the roots had overtaken those cups. Put them in the new pots and watered just a little with some oregonizm on the roots. Now just gotta hope there wasnt too much shock and they keep it goin

auto_water.jpg

Also got me a automatic watering system for vacation, only $40

had to ditch the white siberian plant, just no room for it in there in the bit pots, i guess i germed 1 too many, didnt think they would all come up. ima give them another day or two to get over the transplant shock then ima start LST'ing them

i got a question on LST'ing thou, when i start to lean them over should i cut off the fan leaf on that side thats blocking light to the node?

i got a question on LST'ing thou, when i start to lean them over should i cut off the fan leaf on that side thats blocking light to the node?

I only LST my mother plants, so all of the fan leaves on the main stem end up getting removed when I do it.

But yes, even the grow bibles, that normally discourage removing any leaves, say it's okay when LSTing. They do however, recommend removing the leaves on the bottom side and then tying down the ones on the top so the light gets in.

Here's some illustrations from one of my grow bibles. I'm a visual learner, so starts diagrams and illustrations make it easier for me to understand:

LST-01.jpg
LST-02.jpg
LST-03.jpg
LST-04.jpg

LST-05.jpg

:Namaste:

just FIMed 1 of the Great White Shark, 1 of the Ultimate, and the Shark Attack. just want to see how they will react so i only did one of each, not sure how these strains will take to FIMing, but looks like we will find out.

i hope this auto water machine i got for my vacation coming up will work out, i guess we will see. i have to set it to wat very little amounts more frequently. like a small amount 3 times a day. yous think that will work? it equals out to the same amount i usually water them, just in a slow feed system instead of watering a lot then letting it go for a few days. it works out to about 15 fluid oz. a day per plant. or 45 fluid oz. every 3 days which is what they get now. well a little bit more then what they get now, but im anticipating them growing quite a bit.

Day 24
Day_244.jpg

Came home from a 8 day vacation and this is what i see..... GLORIOUS!!!!
That auto water system worked great, the soil was just the right moist the whole time
They just seem a little droopy because i misted them down when i got home... the RH was low low

well i just wanted to experiment with the strains so i have....

Shark Attack that i topped in the back corner
Shark_Attack_Topped.jpg

1 Ultimate that I FIM'ed and tied down to get the bottom open
Ultimate_FIM_ed1.jpg

1 Ultimate all natural
Ultimate2.jpg

1 Great White Shark that's tied down to get the bottom open
Great_White_Shark5.jpg

1 Great White Shark that i FIM'ed
Great_White_Shark_FIM_ed1.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit all natural
Sweet_Deep_Grapefruit1.jpg

I'm growing so many different strains with so many pheno's I figured Top or FIM or tie down the ones that are getting way taller than the others so i can try to maintain some sort of even height. I'm going to star flowering them in a few days with those 2 bad ass 300w 2700k CFL's. I think they will explode after that. I got a question thou. how much water really do yall think they should be taking up. I mean a ballpark estimate. I know all plants are different, but these ones seem to not take much to water and they are still growing strong from the looks of it.

yeah i cant wait to see how they work. i running 2x 125w 6500k for veg and 2x 300w 2700k for flowering, i think it'll turn out good.... fingers crossed

yeah i got a 400w hps but in the closet im growing in i was worried about too much heat, especially with 6 plants packed in there, so i figured lets try it out

if anyone can give me some tips on pruning... like when and which leaves, that would be greatly appreciated. Im going to get the stuff to make a small ona gel air filter. just need something to help with the smell a little

should i cut off some of the fan leaves that are blocking the lower nodes that are stretching to the top or leave them until later in the budding? some help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom