Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal - 2012

i just counted mine and i think i got about 40 total on 4 plants. i just need to get them to stretch a few more inches to get them on the same level, and i need these tops to spread. i dont know if its the power of the cfl's and the fact that the low heat they put off lets me keep them close or what, but these babies dont want to stretch that much

i might just tie up a twine net to the frame of my tent on the inside to train them thru as a screen.... how high above the pot should i put the screen?

and i'm not worried about veg penetration really, i got the most powerful CFL's i've ever seen, 2x 300w 2700k CFL's, that's true watts not equivalent

I have one of those that I use for my seedlings, they are good, but remember that because the 300 watts is spread over such a large bulb. They don't actually penetrate more than even 40watt cfls.

I have however yielded 2.5 ounces off one plant an one of those bulbs [250 watt, not 300] so they can do a great job :)

yeah... it happens.. do you happen to have a ppm meter?

if so, start recording how much ppm you give each one, easier to keep track of :)

yeah, it wasnt until i started hydro that i got a ppm meter... and now i realize how much easier it would have made things back in soil too... just eliminates all the guess work, and lets you bee 100% consistent with your plant every time.

and say you get a little burn at 1200ppm one plant, but not on the others... well, you can just fee your others, then dilute some of it, down to 1000, and feed the picky plant.. a lot easier IMO, then either mixing up a different batch for the picky plant, or guessing how much to dilute.

Day 39
Day 7 flowering - havent been on in awhile cause my laptop took a shit on me, but im back up now. they really blew up since my last photos, and im just trying to keep the tops even at this point and pruning a leaf here or there
day_392.jpg

and they are looking good, all female
bud153.jpg

and i got a vent system cause they were getting stinky
vent6.jpg

im worried about those red stems.. might want to up the P a little.

might be the lighting, but they look a little hungry.

now everyone seems to ask, but im gonna anyway. whats up with pruning, i see some that are bare up to the budsite, somethat got all the leaves, and everything inbetween, iv just been picking off the lower ones not getting light here and there... figured a few days before i flush and put them in the dark for like 36hrs id finish trimming anything without trichs on them

its best to trim right after the big stretch after flipping to 12/12 IMO,

the reason is simply to focus the energy from the lower "popcorn" bud sites that dont procude very good/much bud, to the top colas instead.

works best in CFL,as with CFL, your lower sites see next to no light really as it is... but defiantly has its place with HID too. its a little extra work, but IMO, its very well worth it.

after the big stretch, just chop off the lower stuff. stuff thats not getting much light.

when you flip your plants to flower, they will stretch for up to a couple weeks... just a massive boom of growth... when that stops, is normally a good time to chop the lower crap.

then lett'er recover and watch em bud.

im worried about those red stems.. might want to up the P a little.

might be the lighting, but they look a little hungry.

i dont know what thats from, cause last time i fed them a few got a little burnt, thats why i half strengthed it this time. ill see how it takes this feeding then up it if i have to

try being a little heavier on the P, than others next feeding.. if it doesnt help, then might have to look into a few other possibilities.

its not going to kill them, but i sense its lacking something, which will in the end reduce yeild. and who wants that :p

can you take a pic of what you say is the burn? im wondering if what you are seeing is actually slight deficiency, and not acutally a burn... they can look very similar.

main reason i think this.. is you say you noticed it after feeding heavier, however, in soil, changes typically take a week to show.. so.. maybe what you thought was burn, was acutally def. from the week prior?

longshot.. but, thought i'd ask.

Back
Top Bottom