Soil & Nutrient Question

JayM

Hi all,

First time grower and loving it so far. Here are my 2 Feminized AK plants that I germinated on the 27th of March and planted on the 29th of March. The smaller of the two had grown downward under the soil and I had to perform emergency surgery (I must have accidentally pointed the taproot sideways or something). I'm glad it survived but there is now an obvious difference in growth... but I am not too concerned.

Do these plants look healthy to you guys?

Now for my real question, I don't think I'm ready to transplant yet, especially the smaller one, but I am preparing for when I am ready and want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

I plan on moving both of these into 1 Gallon fabric pots and to grow outdoors once they outgrow these starter pots and am wondering about my soil mix.

Here it is:
- 60% Soil from local garden centre (screened peat, topsoil, natural compost)
- 25% perlite
- 15% blend of worm casting and peat moss compost

Any thoughts on this?

I also have purchased General Hydroponics Flora series, thinking this will be my main source of nutrients. I have printed out the recommended doses from General Hydroponics but have heard that I should half that number to be safe. Thoughts?

My Questions are:

1. Do my plants look alright for a week and a half old?
2. Will my plants be OK to be moved into the 1 gallon pots containing the mix mentioned above?
3. Will there be a nutrient burning issue using the general hydroponics as well as the worm castings?

20200408_150119.jpg

As always,

Thanks in advance you guys are very helpful so far!

Thank you. I thought I would move to 5 gallon once they outgrow the 1 gallon. Maybe I should go straight to 5 gallon.

I would go with 10 gallon pots minimum and go with Living organic soil, "Coot's mix" 1/3 sphagnum peat moss, 1/3 aeration (perlite), 1/3 humus(worm castings) with additional amendments, Neem/karanja meal mix, kelp meal, crustation meal and mineral mix. Water only seed to harvest. You can also top dress during grow with worm castings, aerated teas, aloe, coconut water, Malted barley. You can find the exact recipe on Google, "Coot's soil mix recipe" ... Also check out the Organic growers section of this forum.

Your plants look great!!!

Thanks a lot for the response Vegan4Life. That's something to consider, I'm especially interested in the feeding water only.. Hmm lots of options here.

Back
Top Bottom