Soil question

Mg has a bad rep. This is mainly because they put time released chemical nute in the soil that break down and release over time. We cannabis growers like to have control over what we feed our plants and these time released ferts take that control away.

Try to pick up something with an organic blend of finely composted bark mulch with, sphagnum, perlite, vermiculite, green sand, kelp meal, guano, worm castings, and dolomite lime. You want the soil to drain well and hold a bit of moisture. You don't want something thats say no nutes needed for 3 months!

What is the best soil that I should use ?
I agree with everything McBudz said. :smokin:

In addition, many people like Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, which has everything you need. It's available at most grow shops. I'd use it but it's too pricey here.

I've settled on my own simple mix..

50% Sphagnum peat
30% Worm Castings
20% perlite
2 tbl powdered dolomite lime per gallon

I can mix that together for less than 1/2 the price of FF OF and it works very well. I think RooRman said it was a mix recommend by High Times magazine.

:peace:

Harry

I agree with everything McBudz said. :smokin:

In addition, many people like Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, which has everything you need. It's available at most grow shops. I'd use it but it's too pricey here.

I've settled on my own simple mix..

50% Sphagnum peat
30% Worm Castings
20% perlite
2 tbl powdered dolomite lime per gallon

I can mix that together for less than 1/2 the price of FF OF and it works very well. I think RooRman said it was a mix recommend by High Times magazine.

:peace:

Harry

wish I could find the fine bark mulch similar to what OF uses then I'd make my own. That makes for a great soil base.

DO NOT USE MIRACLE GROW ANYTHING.

If you want a quality product use a quality soil and feeding program. There are only two soils you should use in my opinion.

1. Fox Farm - Ocean Mix
2. ProMix - Sunshine Mix #4

Both have perlite and are very kind to your plants and make your growing experience much more pleasant.

bedford pa yeah i've been through there on the way to seven spriongs and breezewood etc

any local greenhouses that will sell you a bale of soiless mix or a decent garden shop

my cheapie mix top soil compost perlite peat
pretty much equal parts extras : bone meal blood meal
green sand or other trace mineralgravel tiny amount epsom salts and kelp if i have it those extras are 1/4 --1/ cup per 5-10 gallons of mix tiny means teaspoon in 5 gal dirt mix
too busy shoveling snow on the PA /canada border to do much with my new mixes for spring and even the mantis tiller new tines wont chop through the permafrost yet.... you have an agway or tractor supply that has promix and other organic grade stuff HTGSupply is not that far from you by I79 and Pa turnpike above pittsburgh .... get out the dogsled or hitch a ride on an amish bbuggy and you wont't be gas $$ to middleeast nut jobs good luck finding materials..... by the way you can sterilize yard dirt and compost by wetting it down and roasting in a metalpan in the oven 350 4-6 hours sounds gross but using old aged pee well diluted as the wetting agent adds organic soluble nitrogen and potasium and phos traces and lots of other good traceas but it does really stink up the house helps to burn a meal to ccover up the smell good way to get rid of mystery leftovers in back of fridge..... gpo hit the organic gardening websites for lots of free and overlooked stuff you have all around you to grow with...

Back
Top Bottom