Soil - Sea of Green

nicknb13

Hey everyone. So Im just looking for general advice on a soil sea of green. I have 24 plants in a 6x6 room under a 1000w metal halide. A lot of people say to switch to 12/12 soon as clones root but i think Im better off verging for a short period of time,( 2 weeks ish of 18/6 light steed. I am using a nutrient line called nectar of the gods. The plants are on pots about 6 inches in diameter which i was told would be sufficient for plants to yield an ounce or two which is what im hoping for. I have only grown hydroponically before so im looking for any advice on growing in soil. The strains im growing are 12 thc bomb and 12 sleestack skunk with about 1 sq foot of space per plant and i plan to scrog shortly before flowering. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Why did u change to soil? Pics would help. What is your question ?

I changed to soil because my dwc was costing way to much for my budget. I guess I'm just making sure that I'm doing everything right. How long would you typically veg in a soil sog to get the maximum yield per plant? I was thinking about 2 weeks? my only problem right now is some plants have grown significantly faster then others despite rotating them and I'm worried I wont have an even canopy

Unless you were using something really expensive for DWC like canna, NFTG (nectar for the gods) might end up costing more if you use the advanced or the pro line (and you should at least used the advanced or you won't see the yield you're expecting).

Just keep the canopy even by bending the tallest ones (LST or HST). You'd have to veg for alot longer than 2 weeks to achieve the maximum yield per plant, but with a soil sea of green, a two week veg sounds fine.

Be careful with NFTG. It's easy to burn your plants with it. And also watch out for salt build up if your using coco. I used NFTG for a long time and had some troubles with it, but the few times I got it right - it put out some impressive product. I'm not sure it will work as well in small pots though. I used 10-30 gallon pots with those nutes.

ADDITION: Definitely start with at least half strength (if not quarter strength). Also, give the plants plain water at least every other watering.

Back
Top Bottom