Sea Of Green Help

tommyb88

Just need some advice on doing a sea of green in a small grow tent, never done a sea of green grow before so would like give it a try, iv got a 60x60x140 tent and going be using a 250w mh and hps,, my questions are, is the size of my grow space suitable for sea green and if so how many plants do you think? any other advice on SOG grow would also be appreciated. thanks in advance, also going be grown in soil.

The average spacing of SOG is 1 plant per square foot.

Even tho i have seen a greater amount of plants used...

Ultimately you may require an indica dominate strain, spacing maybe limited to time frame of vegitive growth etc depending on grow style soil/hydro. Veg growth is some what faster in hydro than compared to soil !

On a safe guess ya get away with 9 plants or up to 16 plants all depends on size of pots & how long you veg for !

An average veg time for sog is a couple of weeks in hydro.

The theory behind SoG is smaller plants lower yield but more plants make up for greater yield.

If you are using a 250 watter for flowering 16 plants will be over kill for your lighting.

Its about the max plants you can squeeze into a 2' by 2' or 60cm by 60cm or a 24'' by 24'' area providing the pots don't have a greater diameter of 15cm or 6''.

Here's a link to A 49 PLANT SOG in 1.2m tray or 120cm by 120cm or 4' by 4' or a 48'' by 48'' Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Rooted clones straight to 12/12.

I appear to have forgot that one... nice of ya to mention that :thumb:

I wouldn't recommend no veg time

Well that kind of contridicts the above...

I wouldn't recommend no veg time because the 250 watter ( wich covers a 2'x2' foot print) will not have enough light foot print to adequately cover all of your plants.

I disagree on that... if ya into the whole wattage per square foot thing a 250w bulb over a 2' by 2', 60cm by 60cm, 24'' by 24'' area is around 62.5w per square foot which is considored optimal or very near...

Even at an average hanging height of 8'' to 12'' & the bulb being in a standard reflector will be more than capable of putting down a suitable light foot print !

After all i use a 125w gaint cfl for vegging in the same size tent with out a problem :thumb:

Here's some pic's

004941.JPG

010537.JPG

005826.JPG

001829.JPG

002855.JPG

005712.JPG

001809.JPG

005692.JPG

002824.JPG

They're vegged for about 6 weeks in a 2' by 2', 60cm by 60cm or 24'' by 24'' tent to a small bush size on average the height is just below 2' or 24'' or 60cm beforing entering flowering & yes it can be pretty cramped by then... thats just 4 small bush plants tho

im confused on veg time now, iv read that a good rule of thumb in sea of green is switch to flower when plants are between 8"-12" , dont no if this true or not, il see how i get on anyway iv learnt from past grows trial and error from trying new things comes into play a lot so il try and il learn, wont be starting it for a month or 2 yet anyway so iv got plenty of time researching etc... might do a journal so keep an eye out, thanks again ps that grow journal of 49 plant sog is mega!!!! and nice plants fuzzy duck are them super root pots as good as they say they are?

Well we can ask a dozern people on their opinion if SoG requires veg & for how long or plant height wise !

I'm pretty sure they will all say something slightly different tho.

Thats when we got to work on an average veg time/height etc based on information aviable from as many source's as possible to build up the bigger picture of an average SoG grow !

Ya got a fair bit of info on the matter & i'm confident ya come up with something suitable :thumb:

Mmm super root pots... lol thats new one :;):

Well they grow stuff well enough & you have the increased fiberous root system they promise with out the root balling, you just need to keep eye on em for watering with all of those holes in em... might be a tad prone to drying out in hot conditions with a mature plant in tho.

As for plant vigor/yield increase thats a bit more difficult to tell as i have very little to compare with or other variables which may effect such results.

It all comes down to whatever works for you and the space you have available. Try it both ways. On one grow .... veg them for a while and see how that works for you. On the next one, flip them to 12/12 on day 1 and see how that works.

I began my current grow (check out my journal) as a Scrog. But, now that my screen is full, there's not much scrogging left for me to do. So from this point on, it's just going to get to grow naturally ...... whatever works. I wouldn't get too wrapped up with technique. What one grower swears by, might not work at all for the next guy. Just experiment and have fun with it.

thanks cultivator, so basically as many 2 litre bottles i can fit in my space is how many i should grow, il av a read of that journal as iv already planted 9 seeds in there so il definately consider it for next grow

he makes it look so simple in that journal ,will be getting 2 litre bottles of pop when i go shopping from now on hahaha, what is it that helps the yield so much, is it bottle size being long and thin???

no mate, its individual small plants putting energy into flower growth over a single bigger plant putting energy into multiple branches. For me it proved hard work as i tried it with large grows and manually watering hundreds bottles at a time was a chore. But it does work and suits in my opinion smaller grows. U could also try a dwc which would also give u high yield to space and light ratio. check my grow out for tips on that.

Hempy pots which are often made from a drinks bottle are a smaller version of the hempy bucket...

Hempy buckets will have drainage holes placed around the side of it about 2 to 3 inch above base of bucket to allow for a mini reserva, when water/feeding is done you may require around 10% run off to rebalance nutrient solution.

You can google hempy buckets & get loads of results :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom