Soil test results

Nope in EU it's a common product.

Conradino23, those are numbers I can make sense of. Thanx for the clarification.
As far as your Ca and K supplement, are you speaking of the red algae Lithothamnium calcarium? I'm only able to find it as an expensive dietary aid here in the states, which is unfortunate.
So let me ask you, are you willing to share your soil recipe with us? I'm kind of intrigued to see what other exotic ingredients you have up your sleeve.

Conradino23, those are numbers I can make sense of. Thanx for the clarification.
As far as your Ca and K supplement, are you speaking of the red algae Lithothamnium calcarium? I'm only able to find it as an expensive dietary aid here in the states, which is unfortunate.
So let me ask you, are you willing to share your soil recipe with us? I'm kind of intrigued to see what other exotic ingredients you have up your sleeve.

Yes red algae, it's food grade. It's probably hard for you to get, cause they are harvested off the coast of Ireland, thus available in EU, but not in US. I usually buy 6 kg bag and I'm sorted for the whole year.

Im only giving my personal experience. Ive been growing for 15 years. I give the plants of the same strain a basic amount of chemical nutes and if anything its too low a dosage. Then i look for nutrient deficiencys and i keep track of how old the plant is and the nute levels they have been givin. This way i can up the amount of nutrients next time around on the same strain. Each strain is gonna use different amounts of certain nutes. Hell even seeds from the same batch/strain are gonna have a slight difference. Its nice to know whats in the soil but to figure out what the plant needs I just look at the leaves and stems.

I just started buying stuff for my first true organic grow so Im gonna try to keep the npk ratios close to what i was running with the chem ferts. In flowering I was at around 3-15-10 and a lot of cal and mag for most strains. Well see how this batch does. I will have a grow journal as soon as the last of the stuff comes in the mail.

For organic versions of Ca and Mg - we organic farmers use:

Oyster Shell Flour
Crab (or crustacean) meal
Kelp Meal

Each @ 2 cups per cu. ft. or 7 gallons of soil.

Soil mix @
1/3 CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss)
1/3 Humus/SOM/compost - can be bagged compost like Coast of Main or BU Blend (west coast) - in Canada they have bagged compost @ Home Hardware but I would add EWC

Then add the amendments and rock dusts to that mix.

Anyone wanting a soil test you can get one done and it will be a lot more comprehensive than Logan Labs.

Most universities in the states offer this test. For some reason Oregon and Washington State do not ... or more like stopped offering this service recently with no reason. I have a problem with that and am on it. Going to be contacting Oregon and Washington State government elected officials and ask them were our tax dollars allocated to the extension service are being spent. All other states use those funds to offer up Soil Testing for everyone. Yes its a thing.

Anyway we can send our soil and get a comprehensive test with results and it will spell out the % of all the required nutrients for plants to live and thrive in an easy to read report. Remember this soil test program was made for farmers.. Logan Labs report is a joke. I'd ask for my money back.

Anyway there are several state universities that offer soil testing to out of state residents and the report will be comprehensive.

I found one with a simple google and its $16 from Virginia Tech University. If you read this link it explains the whole reason why the County Extension service was created by our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Wondering why Oregon and Washington State are no longer participating.... it also goes on to say they process 10s of thousands of samples every year with PART TIME volunteer students. Oregon was giving me some BS story about how much work and understaffed etc. I called BS on that. OSU has a soil Test lab. What are they using it for? That LAB was paid for with FEDERAL TAXES.

Here's the link to Virginia Tech - pretty quick turnaround too!

Sampling Instructions | Virginia Tech Soil Testing Lab | Virginia Tech

and the fees & forms

Fees and Forms | Virginia Tech Soil Testing Lab | Virginia Tech

Don't Guess, Soil Test!

For organic versions of Ca and Mg - we organic farmers use:

Oyster Shell Flour
Crab (or crustacean) meal
Kelp Meal

Each @ 2 cups per cu. ft. or 7 gallons of soil.

Soil mix @
1/3 CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss)
1/3 Humus/SOM/compost - can be bagged compost like Coast of Main or BU Blend (west coast) - in Canada they have bagged compost @ Home Hardware but I would add EWC

Then add the amendments and rock dusts to that mix.

Anyone wanting a soil test you can get one done and it will be a lot more comprehensive than Logan Labs.

Most universities in the states offer this test. For some reason Oregon and Washington State do not ... or more like stopped offering this service recently with no reason. I have a problem with that and am on it. Going to be contacting Oregon and Washington State government elected officials and ask them were our tax dollars allocated to the extension service are being spent. All other states use those funds to offer up Soil Testing for everyone. Yes its a thing.

Anyway we can send our soil and get a comprehensive test with results and it will spell out the % of all the required nutrients for plants to live and thrive in an easy to read report. Remember this soil test program was made for farmers.. Logan Labs report is a joke. I'd ask for my money back.

Anyway there are several state universities that offer soil testing to out of state residents and the report will be comprehensive.

I found one with a simple google and its $16 from Virginia Tech University. If you read this link it explains the whole reason why the County Extension service was created by our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Wondering why Oregon and Washington State are no longer participating.... it also goes on to say they process 10s of thousands of samples every year with PART TIME volunteer students. Oregon was giving me some BS story about how much work and understaffed etc. I called BS on that. OSU has a soil Test lab. What are they using it for? That LAB was paid for with FEDERAL TAXES.

Here's the link to Virginia Tech - pretty quick turnaround too!

Sampling Instructions | Virginia Tech Soil Testing Lab | Virginia Tech

and the fees & forms

Fees and Forms | Virginia Tech Soil Testing Lab | Virginia Tech

Don't Guess, Soil Test!

Thanks for all your work on this, Bob. I have been trying to track down why the extension services aren't obviously offered in my state for a while now and just didn't understand why I couldn't find them.

I'm going to be checking out the Virgina State one as soon as I can get the funding.

Thanks for all your work on this, Bob. I have been trying to track down why the extension services aren't obviously offered in my state for a while now and just didn't understand why I couldn't find them.

I'm going to be checking out the Virgina State one as soon as I can get the funding.

If you are in Washington or Oregon, I've got the head honcho on notice... then I'll send a letter to congressmen and women and put a few matches in some socks.

There's only 1 reason I can think of why they are not offering or no long offering soil tests. Someone is "re-directing" federal tax dollars. Why all the dumb looks when I ask about it, these people that are in the Master Gardener program took at least 1 probably more than 1 semester on soil .... how did they get thru that course and not know anything about soil testing. I think that's like FIRST thing they teach in our state's program.

"Don't Guess - Soil Test" i think that's a quote from the FDA website! WTF?

The Va Tech test is $16 + like a few bucks for shipping your sample.

If you are in Washington or Oregon, I've got the head honcho on notice... then I'll send a letter to congressmen and women and put a few matches in some socks.

There's only 1 reason I can think of why they are not offering or no long offering soil tests. Someone is "re-directing" federal tax dollars. Why all the dumb looks when I ask about it, these people that are in the Master Gardener program took at least 1 probably more than 1 semester on soil .... how did they get thru that course and not know anything about soil testing. I think that's like FIRST thing they teach in our state's program.

"Don't Guess - Soil Test" i think that's a quote from the FDA website! WTF?

The Va Tech test is $16 + like a few bucks for shipping your sample.

Yeah I'm broke as a joke so that's enough to need to save for for me :p But it's a lot better than the Logan's Lab price or especially the local Cascade Analytical that wanted $240. I practically had to arm wrestle them for that quote too.

But yeah I'll be really interested to hear what they have to say. I live in the one closest to Canada ;) Lol call me crazy but I don't like mentioning my state in plain language. Damn web crawlers and search engines make privacy hard to maintain.

And you're in a legal state. Yeah probably going to be worse for us growers growing outside the legal protocol.

My wife asked me; "What would I gain with a medical cannabis card?"

I had to think about that... my answer is; "To let the government know I use cannabis." :lot-o-toke:

I'm not going to get a "card" anytime ever. So sorry so sorry .. not sorry.

It's like do I need a card to get alcohol... well yes I do - an ID card. Already have it. Problem solved.

I should get a card to grow my tomato's or my peppers.. actually the peppers need a warning on them.

This whole legal cannabis deal is getting way too much drama. We grow Poppy's right outside, beside the side walk... the red ones. No one cares, and we are in the midst of a opiod epidemic? Dumb founded here. Tea with them is m e l l o w and likely good for me as well.

Go down the list.. anything in excess is likely not healthful. So its not about substance abuse but I think its about society and people not being fulfilled. Both spiritually, economically, fed a healthy diet, and being guided down a cattle shoot to your final resting place.

Why do Bison not like humans?

And you're in a legal state. Yeah probably going to be worse for us growers growing outside the legal protocol.

My wife asked me; "What would I gain with a medical cannabis card?"

I had to think about that... my answer is; "To let the government know I use cannabis." :lot-o-toke:

I'm not going to get a "card" anytime ever. So sorry so sorry .. not sorry.

It's like do I need a card to get alcohol... well yes I do - an ID card. Already have it. Problem solved.

I should get a card to grow my tomato's or my peppers.. actually the peppers need a warning on them.

This whole legal cannabis deal is getting way too much drama. We grow Poppy's right outside, beside the side walk... the red ones. No one cares, and we are in the midst of a opiod epidemic? Dumb founded here. Tea with them is m e l l o w and likely good for me as well.

Go down the list.. anything in excess is likely not healthful. So its not about substance abuse but I think its about society and people not being fulfilled. Both spiritually, economically, fed a healthy diet, and being guided down a cattle shoot to your final resting place.

Why do Bison not like humans?

Uhh, 'cause they know what happened to the buffaloes? *stumped*

Just for the sake of anyone following along... Got the VA soil sample test results back. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't test nitrogen, I didn't realize that wasn't standard.

SoilTestReports.png

Back
Top Bottom