SOG 3gal Organic Soil Mix

That tent is going to look great filled and flowering!
Note the ninth plant is my Trainwreck mother which has been a pain in the butt to maintain. I have enough bud from last run and am not that fond of its growth so I’m giving it away or composting it.
I find it difficult to maintain mother plants unless I prune pretty severely and root prune every 6 months or so (mine are in 1 gallon cloth pots).

But if you aren't in love with the smoke it's nice to make room for new varieties! I dumped all my mothers last year with the exception of my Candida.

I find it difficult to maintain mother plants unless I prune pretty severely and root prune every 6 months or so (mine are in 1 gallon cloth pots).

But if you aren't in love with the smoke it's nice to make room for new varieties! I dumped all my mothers last year with the exception of my Candida.
Yeah, to be honest it was just a pain in the ass to mix a separate batch for her all the time and have a separate area just for her when I had plants in bloom and veg so I was 3 different watering strengths. She got upset and yellowed, I fixed her a few times then just realized there are too many strains out there I still want to try before settling on anything!
Plus I have 5 jars of beautiful buds already

I would love to try Candida sometime, can't find it anywhere.

I would love to try Candida sometime, can't find it anywhere.
Everyone is hoping it reappears, but for now it seems to be completely off the market. The breeder hasn't been selling any of their varieties for a while now.

I'm happy I have clones because I don't have any more seeds. I'm going to take a shot at reversing one for pollen next month to make seeds with the plants I have.

Just flipped to flower a couple days ago! I hit a speed bump by mixing the Gaia Green amendments into the FFOF. My mistake as the grower I follow for this method pre amended coco only with this method. The FGOF combined with the Gaia green overloaded the plants with phosphorus. A solid flush followed by a few foliage sprays of compost tea and B52 from AN helped but lesson learned. Two weeks after flush when I flipped I top dressed with worm castings and a light amendment of 4-4-4 and one tablespoon of 2-8-4.
E16DA5D1-EE49-41F5-8BE4-4C2330151B4F.jpeg
9C6359CC-280A-42AE-85AF-BBB4D7113DA6.jpeg
76521734-FE3D-4F41-A9C7-79AE6178A81A.jpeg

In three weeks I will top dress again with 1 tablespoon of 4-4-4 and 2 tablespoons of 2-8-4. That should get me to harvest, other than that just bubbled tap water, compost teas and rotating foliage sprays for IPM. Going to add some earth worms from a vermicompost box I’m setting up as well and some straw for mulch.

@Nunyabiz I ended up stumbling upon a YouTube series from the Build A Soil dude and I get where you are coming from now with the big pots and whatnot. No Till growing sounds like it’s right up my alley. Having trouble sourcing a couple of the amendments to make a mix though.

@Nunyabiz I ended up stumbling upon a YouTube series from the Build A Soil dude and I get where you are coming from now with the big pots and whatnot. No Till growing sounds like it’s right up my alley. Having trouble sourcing a couple of the amendments to make a mix though.
Nice, when you get it figured out its really the best way to grow for many reasons.

Two weeks after flip and things are going well in the Green Sea! I am watering every day sometimes other day with 10% of container volume. Top Dressed at flip with 2 scoops 4-4-4 and 1 tablespoon 2-8-4 Gaia Green per gallon along with a couple handfuls of worm castings. I’ve only done two compost tea applications since and have just been plucking leaves here and there through stretch. This weekend I will do a huge defoliation, and then a mid bloom feed next weekend. Worms should be coming in soon, and I will get some straw mulch down - top layer of worm castings is drying out very quickly.

D005075B-735E-42F4-BA9C-81D72A3F730E.jpeg
B1EFD056-756E-45A5-9161-7AC62982F5AA.jpeg

Love that flat canopy! Can't wait to see them in flower.

Sog it to me!

This is where DC has been hiding!! This looks like an amazing run, I’m happy to have stumbled in here!! Looks like just in time too.
:thumb:

Thanks guys! You found me Dutch! Been planning for awhile to get back to journaling but my 4 kids, work and house renovations has had other plans!

@bobrown14 , @Nunyabiz I got my amendments in And ready to mix up some premo living soil this weekend! The Neem and Karanja cakes came in pellet form though. Do I need to grind these into powder?

FYI organic works in 3gallon pots with a little bit of top dressing and the odd compost tea! Still way less work than bottles!

8668D90A-1524-42E3-B65B-D143C09BC183.jpeg

7A8C7961-74B0-4B4F-B4AD-D3E7DDC2F8B5.jpeg

48EC8964-408A-45D2-BEDC-6FF8B8061C1B.jpeg

D1CE9210-5A5E-4379-ACC1-4847F04365C3.jpeg
06664F4F-BFD6-4B9E-BC21-E08AB54EB230.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom