Spanish grow - my first grow

Re: Spanish grow (my first grow)

Que pasa tío?
Looking good odriel!!!
Those ladies look happy!
What's the name of that rock?

I am not sure, i saw it in a garden and i have them in my grown. I can use them but i am not sure if I could have problems using them.

This is what the light socket splitter looks like:
ux_a12032100ux0446_ux_g03.jpg

No ideas for the thing you found. You have reflective coverings on the inside of the box, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. More fixtures and bulbs will help more.

That rock should work fine. A lot of growers put a small layer of rock at the bottom of their pots for drainage. Make sure you use the biggest pots you can fit into your growing chamber.

It appears to be just white marble chips.

This is what the light socket splitter looks like:
-----------.jpg

No ideas for the thing you found. You have reflective coverings on the inside of the box, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. More fixtures and bulbs will help more.

That rock should work fine. A lot of growers put a small layer of rock at the bottom of their pots for drainage. Make sure you use the biggest pots you can fit into your growing chamber.

It appears to be just white marble chips.

I know this kind of splitter but I have asked in some shops and I didn't found yet. I have thought to buy 3 splitters and use them with the reflector showed before.

What kind of fixtures do u wanna mean?? regardless of the bulbs

I have 2 plastic pots but I am not sure the volume of them. I will check it and I will tell u friends.

Thanksss

If you have a large hardware store, or home improvement store near you, they will be most likely to carry it. Also electrical/light supply stores would be a place to look.

More fixtures meaning adding a few more lights in there. More light can help increaase yield, but with more light, comes more heat, and you'll need to make changes to compensate for the increase in temperature.

I have thought buying this in internet and use the reflector i found at home.

lampara.png

I was in the store where I buyed my first 45w bulb, I was looking for 2700k bulbs and the higher is 27 or 33W, don't remember but more or less. Should I buy some or them? 2 or 3 more? Think in my chamber and in how poor i am xD

And what do u think about this bulb I have seen in a Hong Kong shop. It's 8€ free shipping.

Features:

Provide bright enviroment for taking product photo
Compact and easy set up
E27 Scoket fit most standard photo fixtures
Life Span up to 12000 Hours
Energy Savings of up 80%
Low operating temperature
No noise and no flicker
Perfect for digital camera photography.

Specification:

Lumens: 5000-6000
Output: 105W pure white daylight
Voltage: 220V
Frequency: 50Hz
Color temperature: 2700K
Life time: 12000 hours
Socket: E27Size(Approx): 22L x 7W cm Weight (Approx):260g (with Package)/each

I bought that 4 way splitter, and it's eh... it's ok. But from my CFL experience, I found it easier to use the 2 bulb splitters.

It's not just about having more bulbs, but where the bulbs are positioned is also equally important.

I would be skeptical about that bulb. It sounds like that's the incandescent equivalent number, meaning it's only a 40-45 watt bulb.

CFLs of about 100w and higher require a special light socket, and do not fit into standard sockets.

I have filled of water my pots (with 2,2l coke bottle) and they are 4.4l pots, maybe small?? The chamber isn't large.

The cut plant look like happy, I think she's ok

I am thinking to invest in led chip to make an homemade led lamp. I have electronic knowledge and I can make it but I am not sure of the correct led combination I have to use for my chamber. As I said before I will try to spend the lowest amount of money.

I have thought to use 3w leds buyed in internet, if I find chips with the correct wavelength, colours, etc...

Which combination should i use?

The cost to build one is going to be the same, or more than if you buy an LED. I already priced things out.

It's cheaper for the LED companies to build the lights because they buy parts in higher bulk quantities. You might want to consider looking at the sponsors...
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Thanks!! I wanna make my own lamp and I want only know the correct power and led combination for my grown space. If I think it's expensive I will not make it.

Are you in spain or mexico? I found the splitters at home depot in mexico or if you have ferreteria electrica in your area check there too. I think they were like 12 or 15 pesos each.

I am from Spain, I didn't find them. No one have seen it here. Maybe in Spain this splitter is forbidden or something like this.

I have transplanted them, look before prick it in the pot.
IMG_20141009_193527.jpg

Both at the end of night
IMG_20141009_222126.jpg

I am thinking yet, what I will do with lights.

Power supply will vary depending on how many diodes you use.

And the combination of wavelengths all depends on what you intend to do with the light.

For Veg you white wants and blues, for Flower you want reds and oranges.
I want to know exact nm and how many led of each colour i need for my chamber.

It IS expensive. I've looked into it.

You won't see the quantity discounts on diodes. Manufacturers are buying thousands. You'll buy 10-20..
Same for power supply. You will be paying retail prices.
Same for fans, retail prices because you are not buying thousands of them.
Heatsinks.. also retail price.
And you will not have a nice housing for the light.

It's cheaper to buy an LED than it is to build one. I've already done the math.
This guy also built one: Homemade LED grow light
It cost him 90 Euro because he already had some parts. When he totals all costs, it costs about 113,5 euro to build a light that would cost about 80-100 Euro to buy.

You will also need some knowledge of soldering, wiring in series/parallel, voltage regulators, etc...

It IS expensive. I've looked into it.

You won't see the quantity discounts on diodes. Manufacturers are buying thousands. You'll buy 10-20..
Same for power supply. You will be paying retail prices.
Same for fans, retail prices because you are not buying thousands of them.
Heatsinks.. also retail price.
And you will not have a nice housing for the light.

It's cheaper to buy an LED than it is to build one. I've already done the math.
This guy also built one: Homemade LED grow light
It cost him 90 Euro because he already had some parts. When he totals all costs, it costs about 113,5 euro to build a light that would cost about 80-100 Euro to buy.

You will also need some knowledge of soldering, wiring in series/parallel, voltage regulators, etc...

Thanks for ur info. I understand what do u mean but understand me, I am not asking the price, I want to know a good combination to my chamber dimensions, the total power and how many of each colour, and the wavelegth of them.

I am electronic engineer, it's not difficult to me. I want the info, coz maybe I can get the leds cheap =)

Look my plants just now.

The "topped" plant:
IMG_20141013_003052.jpg
IMG_20141013_003112.jpg

The other one:

IMG_20141013_003100.jpg

Thanksssss

I can buy this leds 10 of them for 5€ (more or less, depends of the colour)

But I am not sure how many of them could I use. 10 white, 10 blue, 20 red? Same comb. for veg and flowering? Different combination?

HTB1sEQiFVXXXXXNXpXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg

Then the wavelengths used will be opinions also lol.

Take a look at the sponsors pages that sell LEDs, some will list the wavelengths that they use, and I believe they vary between manufacturers. This will also help you model your light after lights that are proven to work, and will increase your success rate.

Back
Top Bottom