Spray-n-manicuring wages?

Ladygirl420

:peace:HIgh sweet 420 friends.
What is a fair wage for spraying and manicuring as well as on occassion trim???

I have spent the last few months working as a volunteer trainee manicurist,trimmer,as well as spraying. I was told that once I had learned the "HOW TO's",I would then recieve fair payment

It is agreed that I should be paid,that is not in dispute ofcourse.However this has not happened.
It was explained to me that I would have my choice of cash or product in payment.
Yesterday I was informed that I would be paid in "gifts"!!!
I need a paying job,not "gifts"!
My true dilema is, what are the fair wages?

Please Help!:adore:
I have no idea of how much I should be charging.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you.

silly newbie me,
L*
]

Re: Spray~n~manicuring wages???

If you are working for some one, then you should be paid the a fair wage. Since trimming and spraying can be taught to anyone, low end wage would be sufficient (it's not rocket science).

But your problem is you didn't get it all down before you started. That is your mistake. Since you left it up to them and started working before everything was worked out, you are at their mercy.

Prairie has it right... should have already talked wages out.

If I were you, I would have a lil sit down and talk it out before things go much farther.

Manicuring/trimming pay depends on speed and accuracy amongst other things, some peeps will get more than others.

Never had any field help but, usually the going rate for a good trimmer is about $20 an hour usd.

I hope it works out well for you... :Namaste:

Thank you friends for the insight. Actually,it was agreed that I would get cash or product and I am cool with that. But he just decided to change it and that I'm not cool with. Also I agree that it is not rocket science and low wage is fine but no wage is a joke.

Thanks again 420 friends :)

I was offered a job as a budtender when I recently got my MMJ card... I was actually offered on the spot while the MD was laminating my card, going rate is 12 an hour plus commission. You should look into that.:wood:

ya they pretty much have you over a barrel so to speak. how ever you cant put a price on the knowledge you can take in from some one if they know what they are doing. take that knowledge and do your own thing even though thats b.s. them not sticking to the agreement. but atleast you found out what a dirt bag this person is before you have to much invested, lesson learned. but to answer your question ive been paid about $15 usd p/h to trim. this is probably on the high end it is my buddys dad so he hooks us up pretty good.

Wow. Thought you were talkin like a salon or some stuff. :loopy: Man New Hampshire needs to get on this! What a good partime job! Id love to do that for even $10 an hour on weekends or something, just to even gain the knowledge for growing!

If I worked for someone and didn't get paid, I'd call the appropriate government agency. Well, no - actually, I'd break a few ribs (among other things, but ribs hurt every time you breathe) and tell them I'd be back tomorrow to have the conversation over again. But I guess that's not something many women do, lol.

A thief is a thief whether he's refusing to pay you for your work or he breaks into your home and carries off your stereo and jewelery. Thieves have no honor, no class, and no reason to live upon this planet.

One hopes that you've kept careful track of your hours and documented them - at least as far as writing them down each day on a calender. Keep in mind that if you were planning on getting paid "under the table" and not reporting it and you involve the authorities in a dispute, this will not be possible and you will need to report the income on your taxes.

Now all that is assuming that this is a legal grow operation. If it is not... Whew, a real moral dilemma. I'd never narc on someone, even someone that ripped me off. I would, however, render their grow and their product unusable. Sodium hydroxide in the reservoirs can have interesting results. Used motor oil on the product makes a very effective statement.

In the future, I suggest a written witnessed contract and a time card - you don't need a clock to punch, just write your hours each day and have the employer sign it. No harm, no foul, and everyone knows the score from the start.

I was in the employer position for a few years (not cannabis-related). On (very) rare occasions, the bid I put in for the job did not cover the actual expenses when it was all said and done. I still paid my crew what we'd agreed on beforehand even if I didn't break even. That's just what you do.

Oh, and as previous posters have mentioned, you should have agreed upon amounts and method of figuring (how much, per hour/day/job) beforehand. You are kind of at his mercy - not whether or not you'll get paid, but how much. As also mentioned, this is not a skilled job. You cannot really argue that you are trusted, because trustworthiness is generally assumed. I don't use hired trimmers, but if I did I would start them at a low wage and agree on some production-based bonus or rate increase. If you are a plodder, you'll make the minimum. If you are bust your chops, I'd compensate accordingly. (And if you are a beautician/barber who's skilled at making precise cuts in the minimum time and this was evident in your trimming, you'd be the top-paid trimmer there.) You could argue for "prevailing wage," but that depends on the state and a few other factors. You could argue for your state's minimum wage, but there are still some situations where even that is not mandatory (for example, I believe employers are still exempt from the federal minimum wage rate if they have a revenue of less than $500,000/year and do not engage in interstate commerce, but state laws have differing exemption requirements (and rates)).

The bottom line is that you deserve to be paid... something. It would be best if you could agree on the amount between the two of you. But occasionally that is not possible.

Excellent thread. Thanks Ladygirl420 for asking the question. There are always employers who will try to "renegotiate" verbal contracts. I agree , a written contract is optimal. This is where the problem arises in this career path, the growers are still scared , paper trails are not desirable because of the current bs the us govt is up to. I think a person should honor the words they speak, especially in business. Good luck and hope all is well.:bong:

Thank you very much grow friends for sharing your wisdom.
I am moving to CA to work for myself....yay!

stay cool and keep it green :cheer:

So, did you and the other person come to an amicable agreement?

Sorry to read that.

Back
Top Bottom