Why manicure?

Kotter

I have read in the forums that the sugar leaves contain more THC than the bud's. Why trim them off. I can see cutting the fan leaf's. Someone give me a reason for doing what I have been doing. I have been manicuring the buds as close as I can. Is this just for better drying and curing? I have not been doing anything with the trim.

You'll find many opinions on this subject,, with even evidence on each side, that honestly makes sense.

I just look at it this way,, in nature, shit happens. Branches break, leaves are shaded, storms come and go. Yet, the plant continues. So, cutting a few leaves, if well thought out and placed, is a good method, for some.

Find what works for you, don't just read about it. Do it.

Good luck Mr Kotter ;)

Oh, scratch that, you're talking about drying bud. I have no comment, then

For me,, I learned that the trichomes on the buds, and the trichomes on the leaves mature at different rates.

Now on a plant, you have a large quantity of bud weight, than you do sugar leaves. Most people do it this way, because they harvest the plant when the trichomes on the buds are at the right color ratio, so they can enjoy the effect they want, but most growers use the sugar leaves to make hash, oil, wax, etc... So they're not being wasted, just used separately to ensure the effect the plant was harvested for isn't altered by sugar leaves.

On the last plant I harvested, I think I was somewhere around 50% amber on the sugar leaves, and 0% amber on the buds themselves. That makes a huge difference when smoking or vaping.

I have something to add. Last grow I had a couple of handfuls of sugar leaf that was left over in a bucket (forgot about it). When I ran out of buds, I got desperate and smoked the bucket of leaf. Wow the high was even better than the buds. The wife agreed.
I'll never cut off a leaf that has tricombs on it ever again.

That's very interesting. I never heard before the idea of the sugar leaves being higher in thc. Will google.... Also- if the sugar leaves are a couple weeks ahead of the buds in maturation as people say- that would have been part of it too. Did you mean the high was stronger, or just "better"? Or "stronger And better"? :)

That's very interesting. I never heard before the idea of the sugar leaves being higher in thc. Will google.... Also- if the sugar leaves are a couple weeks ahead of the buds in maturation as people say- that would have been part if it too. Did you mean the high was stronger, or just "better"? Or "stronger And better"? :)

Stronger and longer.

Oh those are just loose interpretations based on people's varied opinions. In a lab when they test with multiple methods especially hplc (high pressure liquid chromatography) it doesn't matter. I've tested both and trim off of dried product being prepped and trimmed still tests a Lil lower.

It's not only that the terpenes have an effect on how your brain reacts to the thc level.

And for the record gc (gas chromatography) can't test the
Un activated total of cbd or thc which is a large part of the cannabinoid profile

Dutty Panty has the most accurate information,
I would expect a difference in the high due to the maturity of the trichomes.
The more amber the more stone feeling. If the tric's on sugar leaves do mature faster. The ones I am looking at look the same.
I have been looking for the answer for a couple of days now. I believe Dutty is pretty well informed.
Thanks for the replies everyone. I just harvested the third plant out of my second grow, left the sugar leaves on.
Just have to try it for myself to see. It would save a lot of time on the final trim, but I am looking for the best effect.

Thanks again Fuzzy,
I grow for personal use, I don't sell any. I don't care what it looks like as long as it help's with the pain. I am at a point that I don't function very well without it. Alieve does not work like it use to and I am having problems with my liver now. I think I owe that to abuse of Alieve. I have been taking two in the morning and two at night for years. The doctor put me on hydrocodone but it makes me sick, and I can not sleep after taking it.

Also look into a cbd strain. I cultivate a cbd widow. You can see results on my strain test result thread. There's also ac/dc,harlequin and sour tsunami plus many more available at seed banks. Check the sponsors. I preferred Herbies out of the sponsored sites

Back
Top Bottom