Drying buds in a food dehydrator?

popolino77

I am planing on drying my buds in a food dehydrator and then curing them in a jar for a few a 14 days when the time comes. when i pull my plants out of the soil is it ok to cut the leaves off and manicure them rite away and stick them in the food dehydrator? Or should i hang the plants upside down with the leaves on for a few days before cutting and manicureing them ?

Personally I would leave the plants in their pots in the dark for 4 days then cut the branches remove the big fan leaves then hang to dry.

If you plan to dehydrate them be sure to leave the leaves on the bud as they will help protect the crystals while your moving them around.

I would skip the dehydrator if I was you and hang dry then cut and jar to dry /cure them properly. Not to dry not to wet.

Personally I would leave the plants in their pots in the dark for 4 days then cut the branches remove the big fan leaves then hang to dry.

If you plan to dehydrate them be sure to leave the leaves on the bud as they will help protect the crystals while your moving them around.

I would skip the dehydrator if I was you and hang dry then cut and jar to dry /cure them properly. Not to dry not to wet.

Are you saying if i choose to dehydrate them i should stick them in the dehydrator with the leaves on them ?

I am planing on drying my buds in a food dehydrator and then curing them in a jar for a few a 14 days when the time comes. when i pull my plants out of the soil is it ok to cut the leaves off and manicure them rite away and stick them in the food dehydrator? Or should i hang the plants upside down with the leaves on for a few days before cutting and manicureing them ?

Just don't it will mess up your hard work and ruin the tast and smell. Just dry them by hanging this usally takes 6 days at my place and than i start the cure but a dehydrator is the worst you could do

I mean you have workt your ass off for monthes. And now you are rushing ???
And if you really want to do it try it with one bud first than you could test its freaking horrble

Most definitely but the dehydrator is meant for dense food not flowers that you plan on smoking.

Using a food dehydrator is a bad idea.

go for it and learn what you learn then you can advise people against it yourself.

A flash dry cure is going to be lacking smoothness and will lack the well balanced flavor of a proper cure.

Who knows if you get it right it may work out for you , be careful and use common sense if you try it.

Common sense by not leaving it to long and cycle the on off switch so it does not get too warm/hot.

Are you saying if i choose to dehydrate them i should stick them in the
dehydrator with the leaves on them ?

Back
Top Bottom