Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

I bought a 6" can fan for 169$ and it MOVES some air. Came built in with 3 different speeds.. not too much of a difference in air movement or noise, but it is definitely noticeable. 4-5x better than 2 inline 4"ers from home depot, that's for sure. As for a carbon filter.. SAVE THE MONEY AND MAKE YOUR OWN. I wish I saved money where I could on setting all my stuff up...instead I was lazy and now I'm not eating because of my laziness. =|

I made carbon filters and did a good job of it. They are working but not well enough to get rid of ALL the odor. I think you're better off with the expensive option. Besides....who needs food anyway right?? :)

Filter inside the room ---> duct -----> light -----> duct to outside ----> fan pulling it. Just as dime said it.

If your light is pass-through (like a cool tube) you could put the filter on the light then use the fan to suck out the smell while cooling the light at the same time.

*edit*
Yeah...what hemp said!

I could rig it that way but wouldn't that suck up air through the light and bypass the filter??

:Namaste:

Do you have a pic of your light? :)

This isn't the exact light but it's made by the same manufacturer and is the same setup..

904000.jpg

If it's got glass and is somewhat sealed than you are good to go. If not, I guess you can try pushing it through like Hemp said. Light>duct>fan>filter :hmmmm:

Only pull the air. You can use the ducting and have you fan anywhere.

Get the elongated tube carbon filter... Mount it in the top inside of the box. Then run ducting into you light. Then run ducting out your light and out the box. Mount the fan in a sitting position on top or you can run ducting and put the fan wherever. I have a fan mounted in fittings for easy removal and compact, but then I run 50 ft of tube to open surrounding space. The air flows and the math in resistance is like this...

You want the distance from filter to in line fan to be much shorter on the pull side, then as long as the tube isn't blocked, the longer exhaust tube the better...

When I lived on the river, we had one exhaust that came out the top of this rv, and ran 150 feet to the underbrush near the waters edge. It worked great... They had built in a box that could hold a large Ono bucket as part of the exhaust and the air was contained. We would try to smoke out the rv but the fan would pull the air in through the windows of the rv and into the cab and out and away...

Congrats on jes. Oh and btw. I purposely harvest early and keep stash of the early, for pick me up and outdoor physical activities, I also like to keep the late and waaaaaay late harvest stash for couch lock and narco. I actually have the jars labeled like that, for head.

Maybe it's just me.

I keep every plant ever done in a separate clean and marked jar., then I have like seven jars labeled things like....

Early
Up
Down
Late
Late late
Lock

Then I also have the winners cup, bud from every time I went ...damn, put on in the jar.

So it's interesting but my early and up jars run out faster than anything... The lock jar is like a feared thing after my buddy had bud called "paralyze" put in there a while back... I am like red on how high... Only thing I need now is that weed that gives you a boner and I am set.

Right now I am into "orange something" it's called that because I put orange peels in the jar.

Anyways most of the jars are 50 ml. But selection is the spice of this thing literally...

If it's got glass and is somewhat sealed than you are good to go. If not, I guess you can try pushing it through like Hemp said. Light>duct>fan>filter :hmmmm:

It has glass that covers the light so the entire bulb area is enclosed. Running it that way seems so easy.

You don't think air would be drawn up through the light and out of the box? What about heat? Wouldn't warm air be drawn over the light from the box? Would that sufficiently cool the light?

Worst case scenario is that I could rig it up that way and if it does still smell, I could run the end of the exhaust through a carbon filter box as McCrackin has suggested earlier or create two separate systems with the light exhaust running through a carbon filter box.

Funny thing now is that I stopped using the ona buckets in favor of just having a couple of small open containers of ona on my workbench and on top of the box...works fine..haven't smelled anything in the last day or so.

Weird..

Day 92 - 45

Trich check this morning..Baby has some amber trich's while Dorothy does not..that means I'll probably be pushing Baby to harvest next week and Dorothy the week after.

They sure look sweet ya'll.. :)

I'm going to flush tomorrow morning, both plants. I'll flush every two days now that I'm close.

Last nutes was watering before last so I should be able to flush all the stuff out in the next week. Baby should be about a week out based on her progress thus far.

I trimmed up some of the fan leaves on her that weren't looking good and Dorothy, being the runt and all, looks like the healthier of the two. That said I think Baby is further along and probably should look a little worse for wear.

After the trimming, Baby looks SO much better...this is going to be some good smoke...I can just feel it!!

Pics!

Day_92_-_1.jpg
Day_92_-_2.jpg
Day_92_-_5.jpg
Day_92_-_4.jpg
Day_92_-_3.jpg

Questions? Comments? :)

I had same problem, however I rocked only one plant, in addition to your carbon filter that you're pulling air through, I suggest throwing in an ONA Gel block, slap fan over it (There's a tutorial somewhere here...) No joke that smell will be gone in a few minutes smelling like clean laundry. I didn't think it would get rid of the smell just "mask" it. Damn does it make a difference though I can't even smell it when I'm right outside the box. It's perfect, and the best thing it's fairly cheap most hydro stores carry them

I had same problem, however I rocked only one plant, in addition to your carbon filter that you're pulling air through, I suggest throwing in an ONA Gel block, slap fan over it (There's a tutorial somewhere here...) No joke that smell will be gone in a few minutes smelling like clean laundry. I didn't think it would get rid of the smell just "mask" it. Damn does it make a difference though I can't even smell it when I'm right outside the box. It's perfect, and the best thing it's fairly cheap most hydro stores carry them

"slap fan over it"...what do you mean by that? Slap a fan over it?

I have ona buckets but they only last for like a day or something before I have to refresh them. Just setting some out helps more and lasts a little longer.

I'm going to rework the entire back of the box and buy a high end filter and fan over the summer. I don't know if I'll run the light intake and exhaust through the filter as I'm not seeing how that will combat the heat but we'll see..I might also be adding a 400w HID system replacing my 250w system that I have now..

Jury is still out on that...depends on the yield of this grow.

Thanks for the input bro..always appreciated!

DIY Odor Control Bucket

There ya go, They have ona blocks and pellets I believe too, I use the blocks it takes 5 days before i throw few drops of water on. But no, don't literally slap a fan on the stuff, that was my slang talking. That DIY gives a good how to. Good luck !

DIY Odor Control Bucket

There ya go, They have ona blocks and pellets I believe too, I use the blocks it takes 5 days before i throw few drops of water on. But no, don't literally slap a fan on the stuff, that was my slang talking. That DIY gives a good how to. Good luck !

Yup, got those working...maybe I'll use a slightly different design...ideas are coming.. :)

you still haven't checked them Natural Magic things i told you about... i still have the same one from when i got it alittle bit after i started 12/12 and i still smells good and is workin like a champ... since i've got it i've moved the shit around in it twice and its still alittle under half full, it also keeps the smell nice and clean in my room aswell... you should really check into it, the cotton fresh kind is the only kind that works...$4 a container and lasts for awhile and is strong... trust me man it really really works...and its from Home Depot...:thumb: and the plants are lookin good, cant wait for the harvest, thats crazy we started together and finishin together, hopefully my next one though looks alittle more like yours though...:tokin:

you still haven't checked them Natural Magic things i told you about... i still have the same one from when i got it alittle bit after i started 12/12 and i still smells good and is workin like a champ... since i've got it i've moved the shit around in it twice and its still alittle under half full, it also keeps the smell nice and clean in my room aswell... you should really check into it, the cotton fresh kind is the only kind that works...$4 a container and lasts for awhile and is strong... trust me man it really really works...and its from Home Depot...:thumb: and the plants are lookin good, cant wait for the harvest, thats crazy we started together and finishin together, hopefully my next one though looks alittle more like yours though...:tokin:

Ok, ok..you're right...I'll try it today...LOL I'll report back on how it works for me..

Flushed the shit out of the girls this morning...update with purple pics included coming!!

Hey GF! Your ladies are budding really nicely - love the purple. :yummy:

Filter inside the room ---> duct -----> light -----> duct to outside ----> fan pulling it. Just as dime said it.
Regarding your setup, I agree with Hemp, Dime and others - and I've been researching this a bit lately. This should work great. I think your fan could still be inside and then duct outside but that's the right order. And, with your light, you'll be fine as long as you have a strong enough fan and a good "phresh" style filter. All the homemade stuff works, but I agree that sometimes you need to get hardcore pro as your base smell control. Then use the home remedy stuff as backup if the good filter/fan needs a little help.

Also - McCrackin: nice creative ideas, bro! I'd +rep you for 'em but it's not letting me yet. I'm saving a link to your ideas for future reference I like them so much.

Good luck Giantsfan - and congrats on your own smoke! You are going to have a really great harvest. :bravo:

Thanks X..I really appreciate the love and I agree..I'm going hardcore pro on the odor control for the next grow...

Phresh filter, a good 170cfm fan routed through the light. Worst case is that I rework the light intake exhaust if it does smell. I know the homemade stuff is working..every time I walk in the garage I don't smell much then I open the door....EEEESSSSHHHHH the beautiful smell of ripening buds....OH YEAH!!

Day 93 - Flowering Day 46

The girls are coming along very nicely. I flushed them this morning with about 6 gallons of water each or 3x the pot volume. I'm going to let them dry out til Tuesday when they will get a good watering then I'll let them dry out the rest of the week and harvest on Friday.

I'll go 24 hours with no light starting Thursday and also trim all fan leaves before lights off.

This plan is predicated on the fact that both plants now have some amber trich's. Baby more than Dorothy but they are both there. I don't want too much of a couch lock high but like a mostly cerebral high so I think I'll probably, based on what I've read, get a nice combo going with waiting til next Friday, a week from today. That said, we'll see how it goes..if they need an additional week..so be it..

I did see that I've got a little phosphorus deficiency going...check the second to last pic...not to worried about it nor will I adjust. It was one leaf. If it gets worse I might add a little something but it was on Baby who is a little ahead of Dorothy as far as ripening is concerned.

The second leaf is not phosphorus...just old age as Placerville would say!! The Tale of Two Leaves!!

Pics!!
Day_93_-_1.jpg
Day_93_-_2.jpg
Day_93_-_3.jpg
Day_93_-_4.jpg
Day_93_-_5.jpg

Comments?? Questions?? :) It's close ya'll!! These leaves could also be fan burn too..is that what fan burn looks like?

Back
Top Bottom