Stress after topping

Adamchuck

hi guys,

Help is needed here.

I topped my 14 day plants. Both are feminized Blueberry by Dutch passion.

My medium is soil and I use Dutch pro nutes. I use Cree LED lights. 18/6 hours schedule.

Any thoughts?

Please see pics attached :

Attachments

• 0AFA26EC-C82C-4724-9280-838911AB63B2.jpeg
    0AFA26EC-C82C-4724-9280-838911AB63B2.jpeg
    593.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 526995DE-4F8D-44A6-8CF0-A97BF40AD70B.jpeg
    526995DE-4F8D-44A6-8CF0-A97BF40AD70B.jpeg
    829.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 95D6B12E-6E12-4A9D-BC36-82A8FB4B846A.jpeg
    95D6B12E-6E12-4A9D-BC36-82A8FB4B846A.jpeg
    585.9 KB · Views: 151
Hi Adam... check your assumptions. I do not see stress from topping. I see puffiness and drooping as the result of watering too often. How long of a wet/dry cycle are you enjoying at this stage in the grow?
Hi Emilya,

This morning I watered after watering Friday. The plant was 80% dry and very light. I have read your post thoroughly and I am watering based on your amazing post. I actually saw this dripping shite this morning and assumed it might be underwatering. Hence I decided to water after acknowledging the 80% dry soil.

Was I wrong?

I would transplant to a larger fabric pot.
Your plants are showing signs of lack of oxygen to the roots.
Small little plastic pots sitting in a saucer is prime target for wet feet.

The fabric pot will give you a much better root system and far better oxygen to the roots.
Just make sure you have at least 30% aeration for your soil.

Being under watered can look similar to over watering, and then if you water thoroughly and it sits in water then you go from dry drooping to wet feet drooping and if your soil stays wet for days then you just got a droop fest going on.

I am curious about how you are determining 80% dry. Very light is a term I hear a lot by overwaterers, but let me define the lightness as being when you can no longer discern with your human senses, ANY water weight. If a plant in veg is still on the top side of wilting, it is too early to water. And then, it sounds like you are being afraid to saturate your soil when you water, thinking that somehow you could water too much. That again is wrong. PLease find my sticky thread on how to properly water, the link is down below in my signature lines. This essay exists on several online forums and has become a sticky everywhere it has gone. Here on this forum over 55,000 people have read it and a huge amount of readers think it so important that they link to it in their signature lines! It has been my profound pleasure to know that my thoughts on the wet/dry cycle and how to build a rootball have helped so many growers, and I hope it will also provide some insights to you.
Nun might be right that it will soon be time to transfer to the next sized container, but he and I differ when it comes to the size of the container that your next step should be. You will have to make the final decisions of course, but please read my work that gives arguments for proper watering and proper successive uppotting.

I am curious about how you are determining 80% dry. Very light is a term I hear a lot by overwaterers, but let me define the lightness as being when you can no longer discern with your human senses, ANY water weight. If a plant in veg is still on the top side of wilting, it is too early to water. And then, it sounds like you are being afraid to saturate your soil when you water, thinking that somehow you could water too much. That again is wrong. PLease find my sticky thread on how to properly water, the link is down below in my signature lines. This essay exists on several online forums and has become a sticky everywhere it has gone. Here on this forum over 55,000 people have read it and a huge amount of readers think it so important that they link to it in their signature lines! It has been my profound pleasure to know that my thoughts on the wet/dry cycle and how to build a rootball have helped so many growers, and I hope it will also provide some insights to you.
Nun might be right that it will soon be time to transfer to the next sized container, but he and I differ when it comes to the size of the container that your next step should be. You will have to make the final decisions of course, but please read my work that gives arguments for proper watering and proper successive uppotting.
Dear Emilya,
Thanks for this msg and concern. ❤️
I have read your piece thoroughly. I will water as you informed. I did go by your book. I think Nun is quite right and I shall transfer my babies soon to a new and bigger pot.

I went ahead and shared a new pic from 2 min ago.

I see an improvement..
anyways, thanks for being such a great guide.

Attachments

• D73F4607-02E7-4B32-85B1-FC4222EA0464.jpeg
    D73F4607-02E7-4B32-85B1-FC4222EA0464.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 121
Back
Top Bottom