Super Lemon Haze for first grower

Kwest78

420 Member
Goodevening! New grower here and this will be my first grow indoors and got this sized 16x16x48 grow tent . As you can see it's a miniature grow tent. I'm a fan of Sativas and looking for my first grow to be Super Lemon Haze! From my research they say that strain (plant) grows pretty tall. My question is would my tent be the wrong size for the Super Lemon Haze? Would it flower well in a small size tent or does the size of the tent matter? To yeild at least an ounce would be great. Any other tips or advice would be great. Again I'm a new grower!

Attachments

• 20190402_220236.jpg
    20190402_220236.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190402_220213.jpg
    20190402_220213.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190402_220236.jpg
    20190402_220236.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190402_220213.jpg
    20190402_220213.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190402_220213.jpg
    20190402_220213.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 153
You could grow SLH in that tent, and with the right training techniques and long enough veg time you could definitely pull down over an ounce.
What kind of light do you have or what are you planning to buy?

ChefDGreen. Thank you for your response. I don't have any other equipment at this time. Just the tent, still researching what I need. Far as medium and nutrient system, that's all foreign to me lol. I'm looking for a nice sativa to grow in that tent and something I could harvest in 10 weeks or less from the start of grow. Don't know what my options are for what I'm trying to do.

Sativa's can be a real challenge in a small space

Remember, they will dbl or triple in height once u flip them

Add in light size, light distance, and pot size, dosent leave much space

Good luck

You could do it, although it would be tricky. The impossible part is seed to harvest in 10 weeks. Most sativas take 10+ weeks just for flower.

If I were you I’d grow an indica sativa hybrid that flowers in 6-8 weeks. Maybe something that has the Sativa high but grows a bit more indica in stature.

Okay so you’re looking at just under 2sqft of area, that means you want a light that pulls at least 75w at the wall if LED or 100w if you want to go with a HID (high intensity discharge) light like an HPS (high pressure sodium) bulb. Personally I would choose LED for the higher light efficiency, less heat.
As far as medium and nutrients go, I would go with a basic organic potting mix that’s unamended, it might have worm castings but nothing else really. No slow release nutrient soil. <- this is very important.
I would also go with a solid 3 part bottled nutrient system. Simple and effective for a first timer. Brands like emerald harvest and blue planet nutrients have rave reviews. For me BPN has done fantastic. You will need a pH meter, a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter, and some ph up and down.

if I were you, I’d buy the following;
100w LED light panel(remember this is actual power draw, look for actual draw when searching for LEDs)
1x small oscillating fan
A 3 gallon fabric pot
A 3 part base nutrient system like Blue Plant Nutrients system or Emerald Harvest
A 10 ml oral dosing syringe
Soft garden wire
2cubic feet of organic potting soil (a lot will be left over for later projects ;))
8 quart bag of perlite
100cfm 4” in-line booster fan
And later in flower if smell is an issue a 4” carbon filter
1 feminized seed - strain of your choice

With that set up, you definitely grow an ounce in that space, if not more. It will just be a matter of topping and LSTing until the whole tent is full, while keeping the plant very low profile. <- this part will take longer than the 2 weeks you have for veg.
If you did find a way to have more time, you could flip to flower when your plant covers the area but is literally only 3 inches high out of the soil, then you would have about 2.5 feet of space to go vertical.

Chef yeah I was just reviewing Jack here's and you would recommend that for my first grow and my size tent? I'm excited. Been wanting to do this for years lol

It’s a fantastic hobby; for me it’s better than consuming the product itself. Jack Herer is a Sativa dominant hybrid. It’s got that heady high you like but it’s more indica in structure.

Awesome Chef, and I know I will like growing. Just don't have the knowledge but more than willing to learn. And just want to confirm, Jack Herner wouldn't be too big for my size tent.

If your looking for a small plant you can buy candycane autoflower in 8 week from the seeds its done and give you more than a ounce with lots of crystal its a easy plant to grow for your first one here a pic of my candycane at 6 week old from seed 18 inch high

Attachments

• 20190329_122138.jpg
    20190329_122138.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 138
Chef yeah I was just reviewing Jack here's and you would recommend that for my first grow and my size tent? I'm excited. Been wanting to do this for years lol
I’m going to tell you right now, you can make any strain (almost any strain) fit into any space as long as you train it right. Of course, some outdoor sativas won’t work in a 16x16x48 tent, but as long as the strain info says indoor friendly you should be fine. But you need to train the plant, that is, grow it into a shape that maximizes your space.

Back
Top Bottom