Supercharged hempy buckets, huzzah!

Tokist

i've seen this principle in other applications and it only made sense to do it to a hempy bucket. as we all know, roots love oxygen! in DWC's, for example, the roots will gather around the airstone(s) at the bottom, because that's where the good stuff is.

take a hempy bucket: a super easy, fool-proof hydro application with already great yields and supercharge it with an airstone!

i've seen plenty of hempy grows, but i have yet to see this (that's not to say it hasn't already been done though). hope someone can get some use out of this. can't wait to see how these clones perform in it!

:ganjamon:

Seen this used with an autopot systems !

Which i must admit i've had the same idea for some time now & recently put together a 3.5 gallon hempy bucket together with an air stone in :thumb:

Good Idea, But I was thinkin if you put lava rocks or polished stones in the bottom instead it would absorb as much liquid and would make for more bubbles. Just a thought.

ooo, excellent idea. not sure that the presence of bubbles is indicative of more oxygen tho. the same amount of air comes out of the airstone either way. do you think the bubbles themselves are what attracts the roots or the extra oxygen?

the application i stole this idea from was done in hydroton, though. i suppose we'll have to just wait and see!

here in a week or two or so i'll setup a side-by-side grow of a few hempy buckets with airstones and a few without. i might even put hydroton in there as suggested by pophamseasmok (how do i pronounce that?) cuz that sounds to me like it might work a bit better. i started to think about it and what you said makes more sense. if there's more space between the media, there's more airflow reaching farther up, rather than the dense perlite mixture stopping the airflow mere millimeters from the stone.

I would think the more bubbles the more surface area to interact with the roots. If you can get more of the root exposed to the air the more oxygen will be absorbed. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom