I'd stopped using suppositories about four days ago, and had to restart yesterday when the gut flared up again. Things are settling down. This might be something I want to continue for a couple weeks.

I medicate in part for the euphoria. As a student and a writer I find the sativas keep my mind operating at a higher level than without. I started experimenting with deeper insertion. I can definately feel a difference in euphoric levels, even at the lower levels of the infused oil capsules. I was curious as to whether this depth would give me euphoria that would be compatable to the brownies. I'd have to say it's almost the same. The brownies are more potent, but the capsules used as suppositories and inserted deep come in a close second.

I'm gonna try to stay away from the brownies until I feel this begin to fade. I'm interested in how long that might be.

So Sue, do you think it's better to make oil out of a spider mite infested plant? Because my Red Cherry Berry is infested, not a lot of them but there will be and I'm planning on harvesting her tomorrow or wednesday. And I saw that you just made oil out of an infested plant right?

So Sue, do you think it's better to make oil out of a spider mite infested plant? Because my Red Cherry Berry is infested, not a lot of them but there will be and I'm planning on harvesting her tomorrow or wednesday. And I saw that you just made oil out of an infested plant right?

That was why I processed it freshly harvested rik. I was concerned that even after all my precautions there could have been one egg that would hatch and the dance starts all over again.

The fresh-harvest pricess is tricky, in that you have to be careful during the boiling off of the water contained within the plant, but once you get past that it's just watching the temperature closely and stirring every five minutes or so. Well worth it, IMO, to save the harvest.

My next harvest will also have mites, but I'm considering drying and curing this one for two weeks in the refrigerator in screened jars. That way I don't have to play with a pot of hot oil as the bath for the decarbing oil. If I use the low and slow method of drying and curing I can process the entire harvest in the MB2.

While off studying the ECS I stumbled onto a fact I wasn't aware of. I just learned about aspirin and the endocannabinoid system.

Aspirin works because it interferes with the ECS. The cannabinoids your body produces are meant to degrade and be washed out of the body. Aspirin blocks the enzymatic action that does the degrading, causing a spike of cannabinoids in the system. It's this spike that effects pain, so it's the cannabinoids doing the work of pain modulation, not the aspirin.

Seems to me we'd have been further ahead to have used cannabis from the start. Essentially, we have two methods to support the ECS, either through diet and lifestyle adaptations or by using cannabis. It boggles the mind, when you really think about the importance of the ECS and the benefits of cannabis to support the ECS, that we even have to fight this battle for legalization.

Doesn't it make you wonder why the populace, as a unit, doesn't stand up and say "Stop this madness!" ? I suspect it's because they don't understand their own basic biology, and it doesn't get any more basic than the system charged with keeping all the other systems in balance.

My hope is that before I die I'll be able to look back on these years and smile that it's all ancient history. I remain the eternal optimist.

Don't feel too bad... I have taken all those chemistry, biology classes and am in microbiology and biochemistry classes right now and this is still gibberish. .. . .

Too bad you cannot get access to this entire book without paying for it and can only read the introduction...

Endocannabinoids and their signalling systems

That link takes you to the online version of the draft. I don't believe the book is published yet. The link takes you to chapter two, but it's easy to maneuver through the publication.

While off studying the ECS I stumbled onto a fact I wasn't aware of. I just learned about aspirin and the endocannabinoid system.

Aspirin works because it interferes with the ECS. The cannabinoids your body produces are meant to degrade and be washed out of the body. Aspirin blocks the enzymatic action that does the degrading, causing a spike of cannabinoids in the system. It's this spike that effects pain, so it's the cannabinoids doing the work of pain modulation, not the aspirin.

Sorry having a space moment, So if you are taking aspirin and cannabiniods, are they working more? or is the aspirin just slowing the expelling of the used degraded cannabinids. not important just thinking out loud again.

Oh I got a canna-coconut oil on 36 hr infuse for my cat. about 24 hours left. I used more bud than I used in my last go. I am going to make 2 batches from the trim and bud again. This will be the 3rd time making for my little cat.

Sorry having a space moment, So if you are taking aspirin and cannabiniods, are they working more? or is the aspirin just slowing the expelling of the used degraded cannabinids. not important just thinking out loud again.

Oh I got a canna-coconut oil on 36 hr infuse for my cat. about 24 hours left. I used more bud than I used in my last go. I am going to make 2 batches from the trim and bud again. This will be the 3rd time making for my little cat.

Interesting question keltic. After pondering it I'd have to say aspirin would potentiate phytocannabinoids in the same way, just that there'd be more of them available to be backed up. I'd bet no one has yet done the research. It can take years to get permission to conduct the studies and then years to get the "official" cannabis that bears no resemblance to what we use. Not much incentive being offered for the truth.

One of these 3.5 qt. steamers would make fresh-harvest oil production much easier to deal with. It'd fit nicely in the oil bath and be deep enough to have plenty of space for the boiling off of the water.

IMG_54215.JPG

IMG_54225.JPG

Looks like an excellent idea. I'll get one before my next mite-infested harvest. That'll be in about two weeks. Perfect timing. :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

Hi Sue,

Glad you didn't take one for the team! I still have a few questions, just a few. I made some ethanol extract with my MB2, evaporated at on warm plate about 150f till it was about warm syrup and even when let sit it solidified, still can't get the alcohol flavor out of it after cooking it down quite a bit. I have ended up with about 3 grams, it's dark, tarry, hold in place but tastes nasty. I couldn't cook anymore for fear of burning it. Thoughts?

Hi Sue,

Glad you didn't take one for the team! I still have a few questions, just a few. I made some ethanol extract with my MB2, evaporated at on warm plate about 150f till it was about warm syrup and even when let sit it solidified, still can't get the alcohol flavor out of it after cooking it down quite a bit. I have ended up with about 3 grams, it's dark, tarry, hold in place but tastes nasty. I couldn't cook anymore for fear of burning it. Thoughts?

The nasty taste is a result of using the MB2. Most of us, in fact I'd venture to say all of us, avoid the MB2 for extractions. When you do a series of quick washes of frozen material in super-chilled solvent you don't get much of the chlorophyll and waxes in the wash. Refrigeration overnight and another strain in the morning usually pulls out any remaining undesirable particulates. These components will give a nasty taste to the end product, and the action of the MB2 smashes the smitherines out of the plant material over a long period of time, releasing all of the unwanted components into the mix in a way that makes it nearly impossible to purify the oil.

If you're planning to use it in capsules as BioBombs the taste is a non-issue. What are your plans for this oil?

Edit: The alcohol should evaporate off if you simply expose it to the air. I'm not certain what can be done beyond a vacuum chamber to get all of it out. I agree though, avoid any more heating.

Thank you for the vote of appreciation for my difficult choice. This is obviously my best fit on the site. It still shakes me a little how close I came to going another way. I'm not fully recovered emotionally from the turmoil I put myself through, but it's getting significantly better with each passing day.

By the way, I found a real treasure in my opportunistic tumbling through the Internet.

Cell apoptosis:

The basic overview........

Apoptosis - YouTube

a little more in depth......

"What is Apoptosis?" The Apoptotic Pathways and the Caspase Cascade - YouTube

a lecture to tie it up with a bow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Apoptosis (Programmed Cell Death) - YouTube

THC would be an extrinsic pathway, would it not?

Wasn't this fascinating?

The nasty taste is a result of using the MB2. Most of us, in fact I'd venture to say all of us, avoid the MB2 for extractions. When you do a series of quick washes of frozen material in super-chilled solvent you don't get much of the chlorophyll and waxes in the wash. Refrigeration overnight and another strain in the morning usually pulls out any remaining undesirable particulates. These components will give a nasty taste to the end product, and the action of the MB2 smashes the smitherines out of the plant material over a long period of time, releasing all of the unwanted components into the mix in a way that makes it nearly impossible to purify the oil.

If you're planning to use it in capsules as BioBombs the taste is a non-issue. What are your plans for this oil?

Edit: The alcohol should evaporate off if you simply expose it to the air. I'm not certain what can be done beyond a vacuum chamber to get all of it out. I agree though, avoid any more heating.

Thank you for the vote of appreciation for my difficult choice. This is obviously my best fit on the site. It still shakes me a little how close I came to going another way. I'm not fully recovered emotionally from the turmoil I put myself through, but it's getting significantly better with each passing day.

By the way, I found a real treasure in my opportunistic tumbling through the Internet.

Cell apoptosis:

The basic overview........

Apoptosis - YouTube

a little more in depth......

"What is Apoptosis?" The Apoptotic Pathways and the Caspase Cascade - YouTube

a lecture to tie it up with a bow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Apoptosis (Programmed Cell Death) - YouTube

THC would be an extrinsic pathway, would it not?

Wasn't this fascinating?

What came out with about a 1/2 cup full of powder at the end I figured that that was some plant material but most of the taste is alcohol. So do we need to choose between evaporation or oxidation?

I intend to make my first foray into the making of bio bombs with what I have left. So will start on tutorials

Thank you!

Well Ginko is easy to find! And I did reopen all the RSO/CO capsules and add olive oil. The next day when I looked at them, the sticky "tar" had blended with the oil so it was worth the effort!

For my next batch of capsules I will use the biobomb recipe, so I'm sure I will have MANY questions when I start that project!

I know this may be a little impatient of me, but time is precious and I really don't know what to expect... how long should it take before we start seeing results? My dad was taking RSO/CCO caps orally for about 2 weeks before switching to suppositories (I found this amazing forum and that method was recommended because taking them orally was knocking him out!). He has probably been taking the suppositories for a week or so along with Apigenin, Ginko and eating something with coconut oil 30 minutes prior. He is comfortable lying down, but still has severe pain if he stands or move too much so still needs morphine. He just finished 10 sessions of radiation on his spine that was supposed to reduce the pain, but because he doesn't want chemo the oncologist today said we should think about hospice for the future. I was SO mad! I understand that they don't want to give you false hope, but I can't believe he said that - especially in front of my dad. We choose positivity and hope! :cheer:

I'm sure every person and their level of cancer respond differently, but I am just hoping he will start seeing improvement soon!

~Vickie

High you guys.
Just wondering if the freezer is an option to kill off mites and their eggs. I have put my plants out side in the freezing cold for ten to fifteen minutes every three days for a week or so and job done. Just curious if you put your produce in the freezer for a duration before you process it ?

Interesting question keltic. After pondering it I'd have to say aspirin would potentiate phytocannabinoids in the same way, just that there'd be more of them available to be backed up. I'd bet no one has yet done the research. It can take years to get permission to conduct the studies and then years to get the "official" cannabis that bears no resemblance to what we use. Not much incentive being offered for the truth.

Hi SweetSue :hug:
Aspirin is used for dissolving the blood after a heart attack for example, and is not advised for women still having their period since it makes things worse.
Just a word of causion. :)

I know this may be a little impatient of me, but time is precious and I really don't know what to expect... how long should it take before we start seeing results? My dad was taking RSO/CCO caps orally for about 2 weeks before switching to suppositories (I found this amazing forum and that method was recommended because taking them orally was knocking him out!). He has probably been taking the suppositories for a week or so along with Apigenin, Ginko and eating something with coconut oil 30 minutes prior. He is comfortable lying down, but still has severe pain if he stands or move too much so still needs morphine. He just finished 10 sessions of radiation on his spine that was supposed to reduce the pain, but because he doesn't want chemo the oncologist today said we should think about hospice for the future. I was SO mad! I understand that they don't want to give you false hope, but I can't believe he said that - especially in front of my dad. We choose positivity and hope! :cheer:

I'm sure every person and their level of cancer respond differently, but I am just hoping he will start seeing improvement soon!

~Vickie

Hey Vickie..

Sorry to hear about your loved one's battle... You are in the right place for help.

Bio Bombs work for us. My wife started on them a few weeks ago and right away, ewithin an day, started getting results... reduced pain, lotsa sleep...

I think in the early days of using Bio Bombs, lotsa sleep is normal. The first few weeks, she's shove a BB and within 15 minutes she'd be asleep. Even today, they seem to have a sedative effect.

One further idea... last week, she was having a particularly rough day with pain and so she took an extra Bio Bomb. That helped right away. I don't think you can overdose... its a natural substance. But, In all cases I consult with Sue and the other experts here.

After a few weeks, after her tolerance was built up and we had moved to strong concentrations, we noticed less effect...we wondered if it has stopped working for us, so we stopped the bio bombs.

Again, within a day we noticed a worsening of her condition. Swelling in her wrists and ankles, weird bumps popping out under her skin and increased pain. We went right back onto using bio bombs and she came back to her previous level.

So, we believe the Bio bombs work.

Now, having said that, we are treating Rheumatoid Arthritis, not cancer. I have my doubts is CCO is gonna produce long term healing for my wife, but there certainly is an improvement in her life. She is 74 years old and the other day I came home from shopping and found her dancing! Unheard of a few weeks ago.

I wish you well on your journey of healing and if I can help, please feel free to ask. Everyone here in this place will help you.

Hello everyone hope your day is bright and full of love :)
So the more I share everything I'm learning here with my mom the more she ask me questions.
Does anyone have knowledge on treating IBS ? Apparently my whole family had problems and they all seem to be treatable with this AMAZING plant.

~Vickie

Hospice doesn't always mean end-of-life Vickie. What it means is close and caring nursing by angelic professionals whose chief concern is your father's comfort. When they pay more attention to comfort than testing and prodding there are occassions when the patient heals and goes home to continue the joyful journey among loved ones. If it is end of life, the angels that work in hospice are the best at helping the family make that transition without the frustration and trauma of just about any other setting.

We're all here temporarily Vickie. Let's focus on what can be done to stay the course and bring him some relief from the pain. The morphine and the cannabis will work together to give him greater pain relief for a longer period of time.

As to how long it can take, this is entirely individual to each patient. Your post suggests he is gaining some benefit from the therapy, but cannabinoids work on a cellular level, and it can take time to get the results we wanted yesterday. Three weeks is a good start, and it's a positive sign that he's tolerating the doses and gaining some pain relief. Much of the pain associated with disease is swelling putting pressure on the surrounding area.

The reduction of much of that swelling is accomplished by the action of CBD and often requires an extended time to become noticably effective. The effects can be so subtle, though consistent, that you might not notice the difference until you discontinue taking the medication and you feel the return of discomfort you'd forgotten about.

Take your small victories and build on them. Celebrate every achievement of relief and do your best to stay positively oriented during what I know is a stress-filled time. Can you offer him vaping for breakthrough pain? I realize this introduces euphoria back into the formula, but if you can locate a strain with a high CBD content you may be able to ease the discomfort a little more. A strain with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio can sometimes be almost miraculous in relieving pain through vaping, with far less euphoria than you'd get with the opposite ratio.

Hello everyone hope your day is bright and full of love :)
So the more I share everything I'm learning here with my mom the more she ask me questions.
Does anyone have knowledge on treating IBS ? Apparently my whole family had problems and they all seem to be treatable with this AMAZING plant.

Cannafan has an excellent testimonial of her own success with using CCO to control her IBS.

Beating IBS/IBD - My own story of the power of Concentrated Cannabis Oil

My daughter struggles with IBS. We know suppositories would stop this madness, but she can't bring herself to try suppositories and she's sensitive to THC. She's making me find another way in. :laughtwo: I should have her read Cannafan's blog. That might change her mind.

I'm convinced that with proper dosing cannabis can be used to treat anything. We have deficient endocannabinoid systems, and that impacts every other bodily system. If we begin by balancing the ECS we can more efficiently bring the body back into homeostasis. Going at it from any other direction is a bit looney, don't you think?

Hey Vickie..

Sorry to hear about your loved one's battle... You are in the right place for help.

Bio Bombs work for us. My wife started on them a few weeks ago and right away, ewithin an day, started getting results... reduced pain, lotsa sleep...

I think in the early days of using Bio Bombs, lotsa sleep is normal. The first few weeks, she's shove a BB and within 15 minutes she'd be asleep. Even today, they seem to have a sedative effect.

One further idea... last week, she was having a particularly rough day with pain and so she took an extra Bio Bomb. That helped right away. I don't think you can overdose... its a natural substance. But, In all cases I consult with Sue and the other experts here.

After a few weeks, after her tolerance was built up and we had moved to strong concentrations, we noticed less effect...we wondered if it has stopped working for us, so we stopped the bio bombs.

Again, within a day we noticed a worsening of her condition. Swelling in her wrists and ankles, weird bumps popping out under her skin and increased pain. We went right back onto using bio bombs and she came back to her previous level.

So, we believe the Bio bombs work.

Now, having said that, we are treating Rheumatoid Arthritis, not cancer. I have my doubts is CCO is gonna produce long term healing for my wife, but there certainly is an improvement in her life. She is 74 years old and the other day I came home from shopping and found her dancing! Unheard of a few weeks ago.

I wish you well on your journey of healing and if I can help, please feel free to ask. Everyone here in this place will help you.

Danolo..... This made me giggle, even as it made me tear up. Give her a big hug from me. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Your story is a perfect illustration of both the subtle but consistent effects of the CBD and the rationale behind finding the optimal therapeutic dose. When you surpassed her optimal level the effectiveness of the cannabinoids fell off. Each patient has a particular sweet spot you're shooting for.

It appears you've found the sweet spot for your beloved. Well done you two. :high-five:

High you guys.
Just wondering if the freezer is an option to kill off mites and their eggs. I have put my plants out side in the freezing cold for ten to fifteen minutes every three days for a week or so and job done. Just curious if you put your produce in the freezer for a duration before you process it ?

You actually killed off the mites and eggs by doing that Jacob? I tried that with one of mine during the winter and it didn't work. I'd bring them back in and the mites were still moving around. Kuddos on making it work. :high-five:

There are a couple options with mites. You can make a fresh harvest oil and they become part of the oil. You can also try drying and curing in the refrigerator (temp and humidity need to be about the same, and between 35-40 degrees and percent with screen tops on the containers) for a few weeks. That should kill off any stragglers and eggs that remained after the bud wash. I let mine dry overnight before I putting them in the cold.

When you make CCO with dried material it gets frozen before processing. My big concern with drying plant material that had mites is the possibility that I missed eggs that will then hatch while the plant dries. Then you have mites in the drying area. :straightface: They'd be killed with the freeze before processing, but then, what did you miss when you moved them?

The Borg are relentless. The drive to live and procreate is strong.

Back
Top Bottom