Switched from Miracle Grow to Foxfarms, trying to survive!

The last two pictures, those are female. The plants look good, interesting variegation on some of the leaves, most likely genetic, no worries. Keep up the good work.
I was thinking the same thing on the verigation. I have yet to come across a cultivar that did that. My wife sells tropical plants for top dollar because they are verigated! I would love to have a cannabis plant verigated !

The dark green leaves are ok, it usually means there’s a little excess N. The white spots need a little further investigation, with a 60x jewelers loop or magnification check underneath the leaves for tiny critters, OR tiny black spots (critter crap), specifically you’re looking for spider mites (the Borg!)
thanks man i will inspect further with a magnifying glass of some sort I think. The droopy down towards the soil seems normal if I watered yesterday???

I would think they would have recovered by now in regards to the droopy leaves. I have watered hundreds of times and almost been able to watch the leaves perk back up lol. Realistically a couple hours time. Also depending on how much you watered could be a factor

I would think they would have recovered by now in regards to the droopy leaves. I have watered hundreds of times and almost been able to watch the leaves perk back up lol. Realistically a couple hours time. Also depending on how much you watered could be a factor
Hmmmm, I guess all I can really do is wait for it to fully dry. Next water will just be 6.3 pH water

I was thinking the same thing on the verigation. I have yet to come across a cultivar that did that. My wife sells tropical plants for top dollar because they are verigated! I would love to have a cannabis plant verigated !
No you probably wouldn't. Variegation is pretty, but it weakens the plant. Every part of the leaf that is not green is not providing energy to the plant which is what leaves are for. It works fine for houseplants because they really only have to look pretty. Our flowers need to do some work for us, so we definitely don't want to make them work overtime for the same end result.
I've had a number of plants now that have had variegated leaves, and those leaves are always the first ones to get discarded by the plant.

Do these leaves looking fairly dark? Or do they seem healthy? Some parts of the plants leafs feel pretty rough to the touch..is this tiny white stuff I am seeing on the leafa something I should be very concerned about? Dont understand what it is or why its showing up. If someone can help me figure this out I’d appreciate it greatly!
D80A706A-DB83-4FC7-81D6-14923C637624.jpeg
990121A8-BF8E-465E-B206-DF310ADC729A.jpeg
Could also be a small pH spot? Or splashed some nutes on it when feeding but I'm with Phyto, scope it and make sure there isn't a pest in there of some kind. Getting big !

The tops are reaching forsure and looking beautiful and healthy for the most part besides a few pf the things I brought up in the past, all in All I think she is pushing through. plants are starting to smell good just from veg too the wedding cake pistols are already popping somehow. Big ones are obviously too, So im certainly happy they are all females :)

38BCA004-D0F6-4F63-93AE-76A4B1953AF3.jpeg

0B84D3EC-193C-485E-B093-16E4B88FE407.jpeg

C62952D9-B40C-476C-962A-AB7F599BA8CC.jpeg

21714059-FA24-4E31-B486-954D1F048D3B.jpeg

Unless it’s flowering I would not remove any leaves. Take it from me if you wish, I’m definitely a leaf plucker!!! Many growers don’t like to pull leaves for obvious reasons unless they are truly in the way(block a bud site, falling in the medium) if you can tuck the leaves out of the way then please do! I feel like the plants are looking a bit overwatered. The one on the left I bet is going to need transplanting soon as well as the two on the right in the next week or two. Again I’m no seasoned pro here as I’ve only been growing for almost 7 years so I’m still a freshman :reading420magazine: Looks like you have a good setup too! I’m in for the ride and I hope some of my newbie info helps. Good luck

Unless it’s flowering I would not remove any leaves. Take it from me if you wish, I’m definitely a leaf plucker!!! Many growers don’t like to pull leaves for obvious reasons unless they are truly in the way(block a bud site, falling in the medium) if you can tuck the leaves out of the way then please do! I feel like the plants are looking a bit overwatered. The one on the left I bet is going to need transplanting soon as well as the two on the right in the next week or two. Again I’m no seasoned pro here as I’ve only been growing for almost 7 years so I’m still a freshman :reading420magazine: Looks like you have a good setup too! I’m in for the ride and I hope some of my newbie info helps. Good luck
Im not sure how they could be over-watered if the soil goes from wet to what seems to be fully dry? Maybe im not waiting long enough once it is dry? Im not sure, & I planned on keeping the big one in the 5 gallon as I already transferred from a 1/2 gallon. But yes, I dont on plan on transplanting the babies until I notice them both drinking up a whole watering within a day. Looking to build the roots into a huge strong ball so when the transpLANT does happen, they are ready to MOVE!! I will keep that in mind about clipping the leafs, what do you think if they are like fried & dried and all yellow? Clip? Or to keep them on lol..I honestly really appreciate your insights.

I forgot to add, I’m not sure your light will be sufficient for the amount of plants you have. Not saying it won’t flower them but not the results you would be expecting. Do you have other lights for when your ladies get older?
I dont have any other lights besides the 100w that came with the tent kit but I thought this 300 watt was going to be able to do its justice. Im really more caring about the wedding cake babes as the big plant is a bag seed I had collected ( Probably some fire though ) if i collected it.

My thought is that leaves that are deprived of light are not as helpful to the plant and getting more light to the middle is better than a peak, but to each her or his own. I doubt there is a right or wrong way.

If you’re leaves are continuously dropping after you water ( the tops should stand up) you need to turn the plant over, Spank it’s little bum , Plop it out into your hand and have a look at dem dar roots,,should be white! Not brown...may not be getting enough oxygen/air ..if so move it up to a bigger pot with some fluffier mixture.. and DO NOT saturate “ only enough water to moisten the soil you don’t need to see run off

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know you had a 300w light so that’s my fault for not looking T your posts close enough. There’s so much “bro science” out there nowadays but hey if it works for you then great. You’re doing a great job and just take it day by day. Your plant will tell you what it needs. If you can’t determine on your own then all of us are here to help! We have some amazing folks here that are truly passionate on a level that I hope to obtain some day

Im not sure how they could be over-watered if the soil goes from wet to what seems to be fully dry? Maybe im not waiting long enough once it is dry? Im not sure, & I planned on keeping the big one in the 5 gallon as I already transferred from a 1/2 gallon. But yes, I dont on plan on transplanting the babies until I notice them both drinking up a whole watering within a day. Looking to build the roots into a huge strong ball so when the transpLANT does happen, they are ready to MOVE!!
Those two small ones do look like they are growing in a grow medium that is consistently wet. I can understand wanting to wait for a good root ball but it will not hurt to pop them out of those solo cups and to take a look at what is happening there with the roots and the soil or growing mix. If you do that when you think the soil has dried out then the soil will definitely look and feel dry. If you lay the root ball and soil down on a dry paper towel and the paper starts to get damp within a minute or two then there is a good chance that the soil was not dry.

Since I grow mostly clones I am used to looking at those root systems instead of what we see on plants grown from seed. Often what I see is just a mass of very fine hair roots and I do not see tap roots or thick root structures that are white like we find on plants grown from seed. The hair roots are very thin and almost always look brown.

Those plants are definitely overwatered, or are drowning in a waterlogged medium. I know this because mine looked identical.. here’s a pic
EE04A625-959C-474C-9B72-CA615763AC7B.jpeg
BC53963F-CE37-4057-B048-D9C03D33BD2B.jpeg

You can see the swollen leaves, the blistery appearance, the hanging down droopy look. If you look closely you can tell that each portion of the leaf is swollen up against the veins.. it’s why your leaves have a 3d effect to them, mine did the same. It’s why our leaves feel weird and not smooth and soft. Its why every time you water they seem to droop for hours, even days afterwards. Mine did.. I was overwatering. You’re overwatering.. I was too, and I swore up and down I wasn’t. I was. You’re not going to overwater the plant by giving it too much water at one time. You overwater it by giving it constant access to water, I.e. you never let the soil dry out enough. You need a clear wet/dry cycle. It looks like you’re in plastic pots as well so you’ll be watering even less frequently.

You caught it yourself, you said “maybe I’m not waiting long enough” and that’s correct. I was watering every time the top inch felt dry and the pot felt light. That was killing me slowly, every 3-4 days. I didn’t quite realize how light the pot could actually get. What helped me was buying a moisture meter. A digital one that read moisture level. I used that and I waited until that meter told me the soil was dry down to the last inch of the pot then I felt how heavy it was and I was shocked at how mistaken I had been.

When your in veg it’s okay to let your plants dry out so much they wilt slightly, then water them. It’s beneficial for their root growth and will help keep so many issues in check. It will help establish your wet/dry cycle and you’ll be able to start zeroing in on exactly how long it takes your plant to consume it’s given volume of water. Cannabis roots are designed to pursue small amounts of water, it’s how they grow strong. You’re not making them work for it so they’re fat and lazy now and it shows in their behavior and look. Roots also need oxygen, which, when soil is constantly moist, they don’t have access to.

You don’t have a self built organic super soil that you’ve tended to yourself for years and understand intimately, and want to keep the biology alive and well. You’ve got commercially produced stuff like mine.. It’s okay to let it dry out really well a few times to be able to get your watering groove.

Overwatering will give you relentless issues that look like all kinds of wacky problems. It is far, far better to let the plant dry to wilt than to keep overwatering. Here’s how that plant looks now
A3F3A550-DDD2-4E95-84D6-9D94E9EBF786.jpeg

EC9E6574-F2A3-4355-B4CE-D90C6A22A479.jpeg

They can be saved but you’ve gotta get your watering down.. I had to read Emilyas how to water a potted plant so many times to really get it

EDIT: Looking back through this post I see a plant that also looks exactly like one I overwatered too right here.. it’s creepy how much your plants look like mine did
889FEAD4-CCA8-4680-A8E5-CE7D02DBB1BB.jpeg
4298D590-14FA-42FB-9E08-81104A71692E.jpeg

The tops are reaching forsure and looking beautiful and healthy for the most part besides a few pf the things I brought up in the past, all in All I think she is pushing through. plants are starting to smell good just from veg too the wedding cake pistols are already popping somehow. Big ones are obviously too, So im certainly happy they are all females :)

38BCA004-D0F6-4F63-93AE-76A4B1953AF3.jpeg

0B84D3EC-193C-485E-B093-16E4B88FE407.jpeg

C62952D9-B40C-476C-962A-AB7F599BA8CC.jpeg

21714059-FA24-4E31-B486-954D1F048D3B.jpeg
They look good except it’s time to uppot them into their permanent home. CL🍀

Well..if you ask me I think I’ve taken your advice very well becuz to me, this plant looks like it needs water forsure, soil is drier than a desert it seems like and leaves are yellowing. So today I gave this bad girl a little under a half gallon of water with 6tsp of big bloom. Im restarting its veg cycle from the beginning. Ph 6.3 got lots of run off water and lights are 75% around 15-18 inches. Need to buy sledge hammer so I can properly flush.

562D671F-DD1E-472F-9C64-631FC0A106E2.jpeg

9E96D3BB-42F1-4BAE-A866-7F8A36D331F0.jpeg

EE3C83FB-507E-41D2-A7EE-99DCB4A703D0.jpeg

AE4231A4-85AB-4997-B600-8B325F7AEB2F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom