T5's?

exile19

Looking at the diamond series LED and the T5's I know LEDs are it but I'd prefer not to spend the extra money is it worth it? Any positives to the T5's?

My plants veg under t5 and 12. I have had no problems. When it comes to flower side I am going to use leds. Tbulbs and cfl will work for flower but to me they will never match the yield that led and mh hps can do.

I've done several grows straight T5 and while it is possible to get yields and bud densities comparable to other HID, but you do have to keep your tubes close, just like cfl, and the bulbs that you want are generally fairly pricey. They also put off enough heat that you'll still have to do something to manage it. They make great side lighting and spectrum adjustment features but i've moved on to induction for my primary light source. Led and cmh are going to be in my garden soon, just a matter of time.
be easy,
:peace:

It depends on what I am growing for how far I want the lights but yes you will want them close like CFL. For heat it will depend on how many you run. I have a 10x5x6.8 foot tent with 12 bulbs in it right now. Out side temp is 70deg inside is 78deg with only a small fan on low setting. I am with you about matter of time. I had to move my tents and it sucks. All the money spent on set up and now I will have to change the whole thing. I just ordered 3 LED lights and still going to need 5 more. In time my friend. Happy growing.

I veged 7 under a 4'x6 tube and they did great. I am 2 weeks into flower right now. But for flowering I am running the t'5s as well as 4 cfl's and a small 100w hid, I rotate them so all plants spend time under all lights and they are doing killer. I have never used LED's but I really like my T'5s.

I flowered my first indoor plant under t-8's worked
but it doesn't compare to hid's or led's

I would chose a LED panel over using T5 Florescent lights. I am pleased to announce I will soon be featuring Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x in a grow journal. @Kushington Farms uses the Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x and has excellent harvests.

Finished Plants 100% LED Grown

I have had success with both. LED is the future and generates far less heat. T5's are the best flo light though. I used a flat 8 tube T5 fixture that produced some very tight buds. What was nice about it, is you can change out any of the 8 tube independently. So you can go with all veg lights at first, then cut to half veg, half flower, and then to all flower. Or however you want to to do it. The flat fixture worked well with a scrog approach.

Back
Top Bottom