Tahoe OG indoor soil 400HPS clost Grow Question

basspliff187

Growing a Tahoe OG plant:
closet grow lined in mylar and panda
400HPS glass screened hood (plant topped at 5-6 week veg, canopy ~10 inches from glass screen)
pruned off bottom 6 branches a few weeks into veg
Organic Soil Edna's Best
Grow Big Foxfarm nutes (every other week, 3/4 of the dose)
introduced mychorzial fungi dose, last week.
24/7 veg light cycle

Plant is about 1 1/3 foot tall now, when is it optimal time to begin flowering 12/12 for this strain?
can i veg it any time i want and the flower time stays the same? or the longer the veg the longer the flowering?

thanks!

Yo basspliff187 :welcome: to :420:

The optimal time to flip to 12/12 for flowering depends on many factors.
1. How the phenome of the strain you are growing will stretch and grow
2. Space you have available to grow
3. Light available for the space

Post some pictures of your setup or start your own journal. It's easier for other growers to offer support when they can see everything.

You can veg for as long as you want but this will only determine the final size of the plants. If you are growing indoor there is a limit on height. When put into 12/12 for flowering the plants will stetch and have their most abundant growth in height during this time. Sativas stretch like crazy and indicas not usually so much. It is very disappointing to flower late and outgrow your room with the only option after trying to bend everything is cutting off precious tops.
The total flowering time a plant takes depends mostlly on genetics and also its health and stress level. Knowing when to flip into flowering is very crucial for optimum bud production and it takes practice to know how the plants will behave and how much room you have available for them.

Tahoe OG is an amazing strain and I want to see pics!!!

Check out my current grow going on there's a link in my signature

Just started working with some Tahoe og as well. The general rule of thumb I have heard is that during flowering some plants will almost double in size maximum so flower according to the space you have. Some people like to grow 30 plants for two weeks and then flower while some like to grow 4 plants for a couple months then flower. Hope your og turns out well I am excited for mine in a few months

Welcome to the forum! I'm kinda' new here too but I have a Tahoe growing too. When I switched her to 12/12 we were 5 weeks into veg. She was 12 inches then and at 70 days into 12/12 she's about 34 inches tall now. She's definitely the most impressive plant in my closet.

There's 2 plants in this pic... The one up front is my Tahoe OG and the one in the back is a Deadhead OG.
DSCN4235_2_.jpg

I have Tahoe OG, Deadhead OG and a Kandy Kush. The Tahoe is also the most forgiving when it comes to heat and fertilizer issues too. ;)

Here is some images! took me too long, because I'm so medicated and LAAAAAAAAAAZY. This is 10 1/2 week
cAi5s5b.jpg

ztKwe4Y.jpg

VCrAQIw.jpg

Thank you for imput in advance I look forward to hearing how you think its going for me. I've been on the fence about pruning off leaves. There is such deep philosophy on pruning.

I like the look of your bush. Those sweet leaves have an interesting style to them. They look like a Sativa dominant hybrid to me. It does look like your bush is very dense and could probably use some LST to spread it open.

Defoliation is so heavily debated I'd say it's up to you. Sometimes you gotta feel the girl out and do what you think is right for her. Listen to her. Ok I'll stop being creepily metaphorical now.

Have you flipped to 12/12 yet? She's looking big already.

I like the look of your bush. Those sweet leaves have an interesting style to them. They look like a Sativa dominant hybrid to me. It does look like your bush is very dense and could probably use some LST to spread it open.

Defoliation is so heavily debated I'd say it's up to you. Sometimes you gotta feel the girl out and do what you think is right for her. Listen to her. Ok I'll stop being creepily metaphorical now.

Have you flipped to 12/12 yet? She's looking big already.

Yep, the Tahoe is supposed to be a 60/40 Sativa/Indica. :) I'm still curing mine but had to sneek a little taste... I've been smoking for over 30 years now and I have never had a strain give me the munchies like this does. Have tons of snacks on-hand when this is ready! LOL

Back
Top Bottom