High Brix Tahoe OG & Cherry Bomb

if the tacod leaves are crispy I doubt itll come back
if your talking about the leaf tip in the last pic or so I
wouldn't jump to conclusions yet
refresh us what kind of soil are you using and any nutes added?

Leaves are still pliable not crispy so was unsure if they would relax

Not getting excited yet just trying to head it off before it gets out of hand

The little curl down to the tip is what I've always intreperted to be due to a bit of excess nitrogen, and not a concern unless many of them begin to exhibit this tendency. I've had one or two leaves do this many times. No concern IMHO.

Sue I would agree normally, but what I am used to seeing with nitrogen toxicity is more like Ram Horning,not sure

how to describe the diff but more curling than bending at 90*, again I may be way off here still my first run in Docs

kit

:thanks:for the words of encouragement

DUH in the title :!9: how could I have missed it
as far as brix ive never used docs kit but
ive seen a lot of success
are you following his instructions?
he does have his own journals best to go ask him straight what he would do
he helps a lot of the brix growers considering
so hes there for you you just gotta ask him

Yes doc usually stops in here ,I will post the question in his journal.

I am following the instructions in his sig

I had some probs and did a rescue drench so just trying to keep them on track

Thanks for looking and the replies I was wondering if anyone was still following at least a little incentive to

finish the journal

Mornin Highpo... OK my brotha...youv'e got some nice buds comin there. A couple tips for your Mag. issues. Remember , if your growing a known "Frankenstrain" (one that loves salt nutes in it's history) and is made up of lots of other strains they will need some extra Mg. in the later part of Veg. and thru bloom to near harvest. The trick to avoid a shortage ( we want very little of it in our HB soil) is to give little doses of it before you see a real need for it...got it. Start giving them one teaspoon /gal. of water every time they get a drink for three times ...then go once without , then a couple more with , then without ...got it...just a little though . Just enough to satisfy there need before they're screeming for it and the leaf edges start to curl up. If you give lots of Drenches and stuff it won't work , you'le just make things worse. Keep the soil happy with regular low doses of Transplant water (1/4 strength) and low doses of Epsoms. Mix the epsoms in a glass of warmed up water first....it really helps disolve the salts properly, then just pour that glass into your feed water. Hope iv'e helped Highpo...
The leaves that are going all crispy with curled up edges will not recover but new growth and existing Good leaves should stay green and healthy. When plants get that far gone late in bloom like yours it's almost impossible to turn them around....all they wanna do right now is finish blooming and reproduce...so chalk this grow up to the learning phase ....you prolly learned loads and loads from this grow and i'de bet your next one will be much better. Cheers Highpo!

Mornin Highpo... OK my brotha...youv'e got some nice buds comin there. A couple tips for your Mag. issues. Remember , if your growing a known "Frankenstrain" (one that loves salt nutes in it's history) and is made up of lots of other strains they will need some extra Mg. in the later part of Veg. and thru bloom to near harvest. The trick to avoid a shortage ( we want very little of it in our HB soil) is to give little doses of it before you see a real need for it...got it. Start giving them one teaspoon /gal. of water every time they get a drink for three times ...then go once without , then a couple more with , then without ...got it...just a little though . Just enough to satisfy there need before they're screeming for it and the leaf edges start to curl up. If you give lots of Drenches and stuff it won't work , you'le just make things worse. Keep the soil happy with regular low doses of Transplant water (1/4 strength) and low doses of Epsoms. Mix the epsoms in a glass of warmed up water first....it really helps disolve the salts properly, then just pour that glass into your feed water. Hope iv'e helped Highpo...
The leaves that are going all crispy with curled up edges will not recover but new growth and existing Good leaves should stay green and healthy. When plants get that far gone late in bloom like yours it's almost impossible to turn them around....all they wanna do right now is finish blooming and reproduce...so chalk this grow up to the learning phase ....you prolly learned loads and loads from this grow and i'de bet your next one will be much better. Cheers Highpo!

Thanks duggan,

That helps a ton,

Deff learned a bunch during the grow

:Namaste:

Things are coming along and the buds are swelling and they smell fantastic

:thanks:

Highpo,...i'm feeling partly responsible for the Mg. thing . I subbed here but got all mixed up with reality and missed alot of your grow...i'm sorry for that. This could...and should have been addressed some weeks ago. How many they got left...ya figure? 3....4..? Lets try and keep em healthy enough for a proper finish! Cheers Highpo.

No worries I understand its hard to keep up with all the grows and life

I prob should have posted in docs thread and ask,

they will finish strong

Not sure but I am thinking they will finish up in about 2 weeks oct 2 will be 77 days since flip I will see how they

look at the start of week 11

And go from there

My last PH grow was of both strains was chopped at about day 75 and had prob 30% amber trichs

This being my first run in DBHBB. not sure as I have read I will not see amber,

so just just wait till they foxtail then chop or what should I look for for them to be finishing up

Ya , with the amber trichs....or lack of...wait till all ,or most of the pistils have receeded back to the caylx, you will see a swelling of them as resin matures in the gland heads. This is when to chop. It's such a personal thing though ya know...there's alot of other factors involved to eh. Time, space, supply, demand. With DBHBB, there is a longer window to harvest cuz , like you've heard...they just wanna keep goin. If ya check out some of Doc's ...and other's pics, alot of them show how , no visible pistils are there. They have long since withered up. That's right before they harvest. Gotta book,...make supper for boys, have an awesome night ! Cheers.

hey Duggan, :) the crispy leaves are partially due to a Mg deficiency?
im noticing my plants start to get crispy just after the CD at recommended strength and then Brixing ...

my goal is to grow a beautiful plant, one that has beautiful leaves in addition to kickbutt buds(which they are!!!)...like Doc and everyone else.
:)

Still here for a bit , waitin for supper to cook...Ya , the curling leaves are from the Mg. shortage...when they start to look like canoes it's kind of too late in IMO. Try and notice it before this happens....late in Veg, i recomend starting to give certain strains low doses of Mg. via Epsoms...continue this right thru bloom to within a week to 10 days of harvest....after that it doesn't matter. Doing it this way will prevent any def. and not toxify the soil with blasting it when it's too late. Remember too, our soil being H.B. thrives with little Mg. so it's not good to blast it all of a sudden when the shortage has been there for weeks with nothing done about it. Have an awesome night Highpo.... cheers.

Oh sorry almost forgot...the CD issue...so when we switch Drenches from GE to a Drench with CD...or Cationic Drench , we change types of Nitrogen available to the plant. I believe this change sometimes is too much for certain strains to deal with , and that's why some growers are seeing this from time to time. It's very strong stuff and i would suggest if a growers plants are not nice and healthy, with no burnt tips curling edges or any other def. then skip the CD and stick with GE., and Transplant....remember too , CD is nearly all Transplant anyhow . Cheers again....

Ok so I decided to let these go for a couple more weeks since I had some self inflicted issues and the plants seem to stall for a bit

Did the rescue drench,also added Epsom and all was well, going to end up with some decent buds planning to chop oct 8

Pics taken after Destress foliar

Cherry Bomb
image503.jpeg

image504.jpeg

Tahoe OG
image505.jpeg

image506.jpeg

Harvest Day Oct 9

Tahoe OG

PreHarvest

image935.jpeg
image936.jpeg
image938.jpeg

image937.jpeg
image944.jpeg
image945.jpeg

Cherry Bomb

image939.jpeg
image940.jpeg

image941.jpeg
image942.jpeg

Fans removed ready for the wash

First picture

Cherry Bomb on top

Tahoe OG Bottom

image903.jpeg

Tahoe OG
image902.jpeg
image904.jpeg

Cherry Bomb

image905.jpeg
image906.jpeg

After the wash

In the drying tent

Tahoe OG in the rear toward wall

Cherry Bomb closest to cam

image947.jpeg

Tahoe OG right

Cherry Bomb Left

image946.jpeg

Had a few problems all self induced but ended up with a decent yeild even after fumbling a couple of times

Smells excellent and covered in trichs

Can't wait to give it a toke :roorrip:

Thanks to all for watching and helping me along

I am well into my 2nd set of HB girls and will get better each harvest very easy method of growing high quality

produce

Small side note

Pics of my wash first wash bucket

If this doesn't convince you to wash :scratchinghead:then go get your rake lol

Pre Wash

image948.jpeg

Post Wash :rolleyes3

image949.jpeg

Oh yea I just stuck to the doc bud method

Baking soda/lemon juice 1 cup each in the same bucket

:thanks: