Cherry Pie Explosion

It's been one week since adding over drive. They say it's a ripener. It's a ripened alright. It made my hairs turn orange and the buds look done. I can pic now at day 37. Turning purple n has a smell. Will post pics in an hr. Overdrive made me a get magnesium deficiency.

Where could I find over drive and how do you apply it? It really brought out the hairs.

considered backbuilding to get them denser?.... It may be a little late in the flower cycle for that but check out LA's column for that....

Can you explain what backbuilding is?

I applied 8 ml a gallon. I buy overdrive from the hydro store. U could get online. Makes buds look more finished n it plumbs the bottom too so u won't have shaggy nugs.

this cherry pie strain sucks!!! Its airy and it doesnt look like its growing anyumore.. shit looks done.. so dissapointed in this strain..

New pics. Can ya tell the difference?? Besides the yellow and rusty dying leaves.
image22868.jpg
image22898.jpg
image22899.jpg
image22901.jpg
image22902.jpg
image22900.jpg

SO um... You used a ripener at day 30? every plants flowering cycle is at least around 50-60 days in my experience to properly grow/flush them out. And immediately after the addition you thought u had deficiencies? That chemical did something to your soils pH for sure. In soil it takes a few days to see the results from adding something. I didn't read though it all but I noticed in one post you thought u had a Cal def, then the next were saying it was mg def. It seems like you had a nutrient lockout after adding that Overdrive, all of your issues are direct ailments of pH/nutrient lockout. I would've flushed with h20 with a tsp of cal/mg per gallon immediately after seeing the "burn" on your leaves. Regardless of what any label said. Once you add something different to your environment and you have a reaction of a "deficiency" within days of adding, something drastically changed and you got to hit that reset button fast! aka flush. Growth Stunting, Yellowing leaves, your frustration, all started from that overdrive. Buds Harden up, finish all their terpin profiles and get crazy pretty as they age.

I think you should Flush extremely well, stop adding that overdrive and go back to you were doing. Let them finish out their cycle regardless if you see them get fatter or grow. They'll finish there work inside the nug (harden) while you wait for the tric's to amber up.

Maybe use 1/4 the amount the label says next time? then go from there. That chemical definitely did ripen them up but I think overall might of been worse off for your plants.

Regardless, Plants look like some fire. Good job man

What light did the plants like more? HPS or LED? anything noticeably different?

SO um... You used a ripener at day 30? every plants flowering cycle is at least around 50-60 days in my experience to properly grow/flush them out. And immediately after the addition you thought u had deficiencies? That chemical did something to your soils pH for sure. In soil it takes a few days to see the results from adding something. I didn't read though it all but I noticed in one post you thought u had a Cal def, then the next were saying it was mg def. It seems like you had a nutrient lockout after adding that Overdrive, all of your issues are direct ailments of pH/nutrient lockout. I would've flushed with h20 with a tsp of cal/mg per gallon immediately after seeing the "burn" on your leaves. Regardless of what any label said. Once you add something different to your environment and you have a reaction of a "deficiency" within days of adding, something drastically changed and you got to hit that reset button fast! aka flush. Growth Stunting, Yellowing leaves, your frustration, all started from that overdrive. Buds Harden up, finish all their terpin profiles and get crazy pretty as they age.

I think you should Flush extremely well, stop adding that overdrive and go back to you were doing. Let them finish out their cycle regardless if you see them get fatter or grow. They'll finish there work inside the nug (harden) while you wait for the tric's to amber up.

Maybe use 1/4 the amount the label says next time? then go from there. That chemical definitely did ripen them up but I think overall might of been worse off for your plants.

Regardless, Plants look like some fire. Good job man

What light did the plants like more? HPS or LED? anything noticeably different?

Sorry. I need to update my signature. I used overdrive beginning of week 5 so start at day 35. Didn't noticed a size diff but I can tell its getting hard and hair turning more orange.
My led is 300 watt.
Plants like led better. Deficiency would show up on hps plants but I'm started to see def on the led. Led looks like has some purple to it. I'm flushing tomorrow for two weeks so hope they grow during the flush. Using final phase.

My plants love the big bud but didn't like the overdrive. I think if I gave it half dose instead of 2ml per gal it b fine.

damn that sucks.... I guess you live and you learn tho............ that backbuilding is about the only thing I can really think of to improve the look, consistency... Good luck tho, who really knows till its burnt.

Backbuilding video

Watched your video ( I am assuming that was yours) anyways I am glad that I was able to show you that technique and without a doubt you were able to show some awesome results. Your results seem to have increased you overall yield on the ones that you snipped not only the denseness but overall size. They look healthy as hell and without a doubt a good reacting plant to the technique. Congrats bro and happy that I could help you out with that!!

Good news. I felt the nugs today and they are much harder which is a great sign. Tricomes r building up. Anyone had experience with small dense big strains??

Ya man! weeks 7-11 are just as dramatic of changes as the initial blooming stretch. Except the plant is all about resin production :)

Even on the shorter flowering cycle 8-9 week plants, its just a guesstimate by the breeder. Fully ripe flowers can be sooner or later. Only true way to check is to bust out the microscope. I've flowered plants 12 weeks before cutting them, was probably the hardest thing not to cut because it looks like it cant get much better then bamm! the flowers get even more vibrant in colors etc.. it's just amazing.

Sit back and watch your plants wonders unfold my friend :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom