Tap water

Friendly

My tap comes in about 8 ph then I add ph down to 6. 3 and move to my other 5 gallon bucket. And proceed to do the same when I look at it he one I just ph to 6. 3 is now at 7 what's going on

My tap comes in about 8 ph then I add ph down to 6. 3 and move to my other 5 gallon bucket. And proceed to do the same when I look at it he one I just ph to 6. 3 is now at 7 what's going on

Hi Friendly

Question - Are you adding nutrients after you PH from 8 down to 6.3? If so the nutrients may be driving you PH back up.

My tap water is also close to 8 and I first mix my nutrients into my water and then stir to make sure it is evenly distributed. I then PH down to 5.8 (I'm growing in CoCo). In my case the ph has a tendency to drift up. I PH down again and it usually holds close to my needed range.

Also one thing I notice is that if you hold you PH pen in solution for about a minute the PH slowly drops and finally stabilizes. Do you experience the same?

Hey friendly!!

I've just tried this out and it really helped!! I also got really good feedback from fellow growers. Anywho, i have proof that it can help to lower down your tap waters ph.

1st pic is the ph level of my tap water as well..showing that it's at 8.2..

2nd pic is where the fun begins. Same tap water and i might have added a bit more than expected but sure enough, it made it lower.

The secret ingredient i used is VINEGAR!!!!

Having said all that, you can also check feedback from others and basically, you just need to add more tap water if the ph level goes down to 4.0 like what happened to mine.

Edit: dont pour the vinegar btw, just a few drops would do. But definitely, you can just add tap water to make the ph lvl go up

Happy growing!
89b7443c2f4a8100242ae438dd3dc1a4.jpg
edb543fde29cb111be958e1e613f2601.jpg

Careful the vinegar don't last very long it will creep back up on you it works in a pinch if your out of down and need to water

Back
Top Bottom