Taste?

Red58

I would like members to let us know their tips to get the best taste from their crop.

Which flushing solution do you use?

Do you flavor just before you cut?

Basically if you have any knowledge to improve the flavor of your crop, please don't keep it a secret and share the knowledge.

Red.

well, i grow in soiless now. i have used sledge hammer, from foxfarm. it contains saphonen, and a bit of molasses. i have not used anything, but water from the tap, for a long time now. i take shot glasses of the runnoff, and ppm it. water, test. water,test. my water, is about 120 ppm, and thats just ca. but, i do notice, that my ppm keeps getting lower and lower. when i get it down to say, 200 ppm, or so, i stop the flush, let em drain, and return them to the lights. i am a bit late, on this cycles flush. should be fine, tho. i like to do it last two weeks of bloom. perhaps give em a little non surphered molasses, a couple tbls, per five gallon bucket, which, is really four gallons. i have heard people will give them some koolaid. lol. but, thats artificial flavor. some streins just dont have much flavor. my personal best on, is jack herer. anyway, it will take a week, for the plants to be near dry, after the flush, as they really slow down thier uptake. when they are, chop em.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned flavoring the last watering just before the cut.
Doesn't anyone do this?

I agree a lot of people add Additives molasses you can try candy stuff like this but I'd let the genetics do all the work you shouldn't have to alter that

Well I agree that a lot is down to good genetics, I'm just flowering the following:

Big Buddha Buddha Kush OG - Feminised
Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Feminised
Reserva Privada Skywalker OG Kush - Feminised
Medical Y Griega - Feminised
Medican Blue Blood - Regular
Dinafem OG Kush

and there is one clear winner regards to smell so far which is the Reserva Privada Skywalker OG Kush - Feminised
This girl is so different to the rest, she has a delicious smell of tangerines about her and she was the most expensive of all the seeds I tried but well worth it if she smokes as good once she is cured properly.

So in the interests of sharing information, I would like people to add to this thread with their personal favorites of seed varieties (not clones please) with the reasons they chose them.
Thanks.

Red.

Do yourself a favor and find High Brix grows on this forum, you'll find out how to achieve excellent taste.

1. Buy a strain that's known for good taste
2. Grow organically
3. Flush 3x potsize and let soil dry, repeat
4. Do a budwash after harvest
5. Dry slowly
6. Cure properly

Happy growing :Namaste:

Hey Red, do you have any photos of the Y Griega grow? I'm holding on to some beans and would like to see a few more before I drop them.

I will take a few for you tomorrow, I have 2 still flowering after most of the others are done, she's a long flowering one at week 9 now.

OK here are a couple pics I said I'd get for Rifleman,
Remembering that this is week 9 so a few yellowing leaves are to be expected.
Any Q's?

DSC_5494.jpg

DSC_5495.jpg

close-up6.jpg

Red.

iv heard guys putin pineapple juice in water or lemon, orange, lime....plus it lowers ph to 6.5 I prefer lemon kinda gives a tangie taste on top of the natural taste just wat I prefer

OK this keeps happening to me, every now n then I smell out a delicious bit that someone is smoking, you know what I mean don't ya, well I'm partial to a nice bit of strong mouth watering sour diesel type bud but I've never managed to find the right seed to grow, can someone please point me in the right direction? I've been growing for nearly 15 years so I have no trouble there and I've tried dozens of different types (can't stand cheese types) but never found the one I'm after.
Any "quality" choice please.

Red.

Aaaah!
My post count wont let me message you and I don't want to post a load of welcome bud messages in the introduce yourself section lol

Which seedbank is this fuel OG from?

Red.

Back
Top Bottom