Tegridy Farms: Going Crazy On Indica & Hybrids 4th Grow

A tip I tend to stick with around plants talking is when they twist their leaves , it is like saying "yuck" at something they are being fed . Ph out , too hot mix , ect.. . The calmag tends to start with red/rusty spots appearing usually.

Your going to be spoilt for choice come harvest mate.

A tip I tend to stick with around plants talking is when they twist their leaves , it is like saying "yuck" at something they are being fed . Ph out , too hot mix , ect.. . The calmag tends to start with red/rusty spots appearing usually.

Your going to be spoilt for choice come harvest mate.
I read on a site that curled leaves and stuntes growth is a early sign of calmag, and now I started to see some light rusty spots starting to show..

I read on a site that curled leaves and stuntes growth is a early sign of calmag, and now I started to see some light rusty spots starting to show..
nice catch in that case Peter.! . it is one of my minor irritations of led . I use calmag as standard now with the Mc. It does have some in but I supplemented as wanted to use more silica too.

Quick pic update for you guys!
And got a super silver haze clone from a friend.
IMG_20200208_184135.jpg
IMG_20200208_184124.jpg
IMG_20200207_205303.jpg

Quick pic update for you guys!
And got a super silver haze clone from a friend.
IMG_20200208_184135.jpg
IMG_20200208_184124.jpg
IMG_20200207_205303.jpg
Nice gift Peter. she looks so lost against those beautiful looking youngsters behind her. I am sure you will do her proud. nice work fella. I have trimmed two more tonight so only have one more to trim then I can move on with my newbies. Got some amazing looking buds from the Bluedreamatic.
20200208_225348.jpg
20200208_225320.jpg
20200208_201655.jpg
peace and blessings mate.

Nice gift Peter. she looks so lost against those beautiful looking youngsters behind her. I am sure you will do her proud. nice work fella. I have trimmed two more tonight so only have one more to trim then I can move on with my newbies. Got some amazing looking buds from the Bluedreamatic.
20200208_225348.jpg
20200208_225320.jpg
20200208_201655.jpg
peace and blessings mate.
Holy shit, that are some fine ass looking colas man!!!
Wauw :thumb: beautifull

Hey Pete I’m pretty inexperienced when it comes to soil. I’d hate to give you bad info so I’m going to call in some back up, @MrSauga knows his onions he should be able to help. From your pictures it could be mag deficiency but I’d also be weary of nitrogen toxicity and I’d start with checking the ph. Sorry I can’t be more help mate.

Hey Pete I’m pretty inexperienced when it comes to soil. I’d hate to give you bad info so I’m going to call in some back up, @MrSauga knows his onions he should be able to help. From your pictures it could be mag deficiency but I’d also be weary of nitrogen toxicity and I’d start with checking the ph. Sorry I can’t be more help mate.
Always get my pH between 6.0 and 6.5 on soil so that should be good, first thing I checked.
Thanks, hope to get to this problem before it gets worse. Room temp at night is very low 17C/62F..

Has me too but did think maybe "wet feet" where soil is too wet on the base. are your pots on the ground flat Peter?. Odd being the newer growth so made me think something accumulated like water.?. Maybe @Emilya could throw some knowledge at it ?.

What are you growing in? Medium and nutes
I'm growing in 11 liter fabric pots with Plagron lightmix soil and have a flexi tank with water mixed with Botanicare Silica, Ata CalMag, Plagron grow and Plagron roots (I mix it in this order in flexi tank) it's around 750ppm / EC1.5 and pH 6.4
Its strange because only a few plants are showing this and now seems to spread slowly to more. Only thing is temps at night is 17C/62F so a bit cold there.

Has me too but did think maybe "wet feet" where soil is too wet on the base. are your pots on the ground flat Peter?. Odd being the newer growth so made me think something accumulated like water.?. Maybe @Emilya could throw some knowledge at it ?.
Yes they're on the ground flat, does that have any impact? Btw I always put some clay stones on the bottom of the pots for a bit of extra drainage.

ahhh... the dreaded stones in the bottom trick...
Rather than help with drainage, rocks in the bottom of the pot trap moisture down there and because of capillary action between the roots and the sides of the container and the rocks, that area actually never dries out. Instead of helping drainage, it hurts it. Soil "drains" just fine simply with gravity's help... the rocks are not helping.
I suspect however that in addition to this, you are watering too often. That curled and puffy look to the leaves tells me that the bottom of the container is never drying out, and those roots down there are shutting down in distress. How often do you water? What determines that it is time to water for you? How much water do you give when you do water?

Yes they're on the ground flat, does that have any impact? Btw I always put some clay stones on the bottom of the pots for a bit of extra drainage.
it was a post I read a while back about flat on the ground can create soggy puddle if water table hasnt been established. This can create issues in the root zone . One issue with automated watering is that you cant get a wet/dry cycle going to encourage the soil life and root growth. Emilya will no doubt be a godsend here too mate. It is about creating a table of water that goes down as the pots dry then refilling the table for another cycle , this is why I mentioned the auto watering potential issue too

ahhh... the dreaded stones in the bottom trick...
Rather than help with drainage, rocks in the bottom of the pot trap moisture down there and because of capillary action between the roots and the sides of the container and the rocks, that area actually never dries out. Instead of helping drainage, it hurts it. Soil "drains" just fine simply with gravity's help... the rocks are not helping.
I suspect however that in addition to this, you are watering too often. That curled and puffy look to the leaves tells me that the bottom of the container is never drying out, and those roots down there are shutting down in distress. How often do you water? What determines that it is time to water for you? How much water do you give when you do water?
Ah shit, I was totally wrong then about the stones helping drainage, my bad.
Normally I water 0,5 liter per pot and when I determine it's time is when I feel the pots feel lighter but you could be right here that I water to often.. also normally a lot of the water evaporates because of higher temp at around 27C when lights on and it is now around 20/21C with the same wattage put in, this is because the tent is simply bigger than the one before..
Thanks for your reply

I would like you to read my biggest accomplishment yet, my watering thread. Read it to get down the concept of the wet/dry cycle and why it is important to saturate the soil and then wait for the plant to use all of that water, and then use what I say there to adapt your system for better root growth.
The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant (in soil) - STICKY (100k+ views and Counting)

it was a post I read a while back about flat on the ground can create soggy puddle if water table hasnt been established. This can create issues in the root zone . One issue with automated watering is that you cant get a wet/dry cycle going to encourage the soil life and root growth. Emilya will no doubt be a godsend here too mate. It is about creating a table of water that goes down as the pots dry then refilling the table for another cycle , this is why I mentioned the auto watering potential issue too
Yes I see, but I dont use it on auto.. I use it to feed multiple pots at once, so I put it on to fill the pots about half a liter then wait till they feel light again. So it isn't dripping all the time.

I would like you to read my biggest accomplishment yet, my watering thread. Read it to get down the concept of the wet/dry cycle and why it is important to saturate the soil and then wait for the plant to use all of that water, and then use what I say there to adapt your system for better root growth.
The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant (in soil) - STICKY (100k+ views and Counting)
Thanks, will def have a look in your thread!
So I will start to be more carefull and let them dry out completelly and I have to do something about the low room temps.
So instead of clay stones, what would you suggest for the base to get more airy?

Thanks, will def have a look in your thread!
So I will start to be more carefull and let them dry out completelly and I have to do something about the low room temps.
So instead of clay stones, what would you suggest for the base to get more airy?
yes, the low temps can definitely slow down the growth. As far as the base goes... just let it work the way it is intended... the drainage holes at the bottom are for excess water to drain out so it doesn't stagnate in the bottom of the container. They are not for air. Air comes in from the top, as the top of the water table acts as a diaphragm to pull the air down deep into the soil. You are overthinking this. Just think of all the good nutritious soil you could have had in there at the bottom instead of the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom