Temperature Fluctuation Issues

Darkbluntjoke

Having trouble with fluctuation issues in my rooms. I have Emerson thermostats in two of my rooms and Honeywell in one. One rooms temp schedule is 74 lights on and 68 lights off. I get a high of 90 and low of 56. What could the issue here? I need to get the fluctuation under control asap. Any insight would be great. I also have moved the thermostats off the wall and into the center of the room more to get a better reading and still getting these issues.

Welcome to the forums Dark :420::thumb:

It is a little bit tricky to work out at the moment...

So understanding your set up would help a great deal & then we might or some one else may be able to share some info ?

I'm just going to roll on a hunch, gut feeling that you have an active intake fan supplying new fresh air from out side of the grow area with exhaust going some where else.

Well if it is active intake from out doors ? ya can not really control the temp of out side air that well & nature at its finest to get those shifts in temp & expect the low temps are shortly taken when lights come on after the dark period etc... got a funny feeling winter is coming & those temps will drop.

Each room has its own Emerson unit in it. I have 3 AC units outside the home. They inclosed air tight rooms in my basement. Could it be my thermostats? I can't see the outside playing much of a factor in my rooms seens how they are sealed.

Ye that is a slightly hard core set up, bud !

It is a little bit beyond normal for most of us to deal with to be honest & i'm not sure if i know a forum member who can help at present ?

I would assume such units have a setting for temp control aka thermostat so those may need to be tweaked a little if all running at the same time ? as it may be counter productive ?

But may suggest putting such units on a timing switch to deal with lights on/off conditions...

Ye still scratching meh head & not gone bold yet !

You have a thermostat issue, either in settings or a fault. If your rooms are sealed that Emerson unit makes the temp, if the temps are wrong check your thermostat. That's just the basic answer.

Is this a new set up? Has it ran with out issue before? Can you switch the one thermostat that is working with one with a suspected issue and see if the problem follows. I have scene problems strait out of the box quite often with thermostats.

This set up has been running since may. I've put a brand new one in the room and it's still having the issue same brand thermostat thoe. I may have to get a different brand all together and see if it helps. What type of thermostat should be used in a grow? I know they have grow ones in general but affordable wise?

My only experience is in a/c systems in general. Never dealt with any in just a grow set up. I have scene allot of controls for them, they are expensive and the ones I have scene control co2 and everything.

Can you adjust your thermostat and make it turn on and off? If you can it should be working, I would go threw all the control wiring. Make sure nothing is loose or no bare wires touching. Look over the good unit first and then compare.

I have the wifi compatible thermostats so I can use the app from where ever and turn on/off, control temps, view temps. I just went into the setting and set it to fast cycle and see if that will help.

Back
Top Bottom