That special feeling

Auggie... I would love to take a grower's tour of the Triangle. The stuff of legend...

Dude, I thought I answered this. Maybe I intended to and didn't. Maybe I typed it all out and didn't actually post it. Hell, I dunno. You know how a potheads brain works? You do? Then you're the only one ... I can remember the words to every Led Zeppelin song, the riffs and lyrics to every Black Sabbath ... but I can't remember to put the toilet seat down.

Anyway, yea. That tour.

California is SO fracked up with their Marijuana Laws. Really, there aren't any. There is SUCH a mix and mashup of laws that nobody knows what end is up. The cops don't know (or care) - they just want to make big raids where there's lots of money for them to steal and add to their budgets. The District Attorney's don't know (or care) - they just want to get re-elected. The judges don't know (or care) - they too just want to get re-elected and clear their calendars are quickly as possible. The lawyers love it - they're getting rich. The growers don't have a clue. The patients get screwed.

As a clone farmer I supply babies to farmers - and I don't even know where their farm is. I don't want to know. If I were to deliver 500 clones to your site and I get raided next week, and you get raided a week after that - what would you think? Would you at least consider that I ratted you out? I don't want that question to even be considered - so I may know you well enough to go drinking with you, but I don't know where your garden is. On purpose. I don't wanna know.

Nobody can grow legally in California. Can't be done. Too many conflicting and ignored laws.

And, I am not the only one that thinks that way. The authorities are getting VERY aggressive in California. The cops, DA's and courts ignore the laws they don't like. Cops arrest on cultivation laws passed decades ago and ignore the MMJ laws passed five years ago. Our politicians don't care about 'the people'. They only care about their own self interests. We, the people, are treated as children - and the politicians are mommy and daddy.

So, that tour would be fun. I'd like to do it myself. But, the only gardens I know about are the ones that I am directly involved in - unless its a cop asking the question, in which case "I never saw those plants before in my life."

As far as the toilet seat thing: Who says it SHOULD be down. I think that it looks just fine UP. Where is it written ...?

~ Auggie ~

As far as the toilet seat thing: Who says it SHOULD be down. I think that it looks just fine UP. Where is it written ...?

~ Auggie ~

I explained it to my spouse like this; "It's a partnership, 50-50. Half the time I have to put it up, half the time she has to put it down." Doesn't keep her from complaining though.

I explained it to my spouse like this; "It's a partnership, 50-50. Half the time I have to put it up, half the time she has to put it down." Doesn't keep her from complaining though.

You haven't been married long, eh? NOTHING keeps them from complaining. And, partnerships are rarely 50-50. It's more like 100-100.

I came home from being gone for a couple of days. It was a long drive to get home and I went into the water closet to pee. The toilet seat was up. I did my thing, put it down. Went to the living room where wifey was and said, "The toilet seat was up. I can think of one of two explanations, and neither of them are good. The first is that there's been another man here, the second is that you are peeing standing up. I'm not sure which one I'd rather deal with."
She smiled and said, "Somebody's gotta clean the toilet."
They ALWAYS got an answer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

~ Auggie ~

I always say a little prayer and thanks to my plants for giving up their life to help mine! Its what the natives do after they have killed an animal for food and clothing

I always say a little prayer and thanks to my plants for giving up their life to help mine! Its what the natives do after they have killed an animal for food and clothing

Ya know, it sounds silly, but I always feel a tang of pain and guilt when I start a harvest. That first cut ... I at least mentally apologize to the plant. Stupid, I know.
I used to do the same thing back when I was young and hunted. I'd walk up to a down deer, or bear, or pig, or whatever ... and I'd feel a little bad for it. I remember once I shot a deer, and when I walked up to it - it was laying there dying ... and looked at me. It was a look like "what the hell did I do?" I apologized and ended it quickly.
I kind of have to do the same thing when I harvest.
We spend months taking better care of them than ourselves -- then one day, it's over.

But, that's life. I am a carnivore - I eat meat. So an animal has to die so I can live. The best I can do is recognize that every time I eat; and honor, and respect the life that was given up for my life. It is something that people who don't hunt their own food understand. They think that a steak comes from the market without thinking that it used to be a living creature. It's harder for a hunter to waste food than a non-hunter for that reason. Less so for a plant as it is not a sentient being ... but ...

~ Auggie ~

I am a Buddhist, we believe in tolerance and patience, in the end though we are all in this together....for us any living thing has a soul when i tell others about this belief they belittle me...pffft how can a bug have a soul? how can a plant have a soul? they ask, my response back to them is how do you know this? Are you 100% sure?? because if there is one thing i do know is that we came from the same place every single living thing....it is in that sense that we are all interconnected....I believe there is a soul in every living thing including plants

oh oh...almost bordering on religious debate...where I prefer not to tread...or at the least... very lightly...I will say however...I have become spiritual(long story) and feel so grateful to be able to appreciate life on this rock and it's fragility...love unconditionally...harvest only what you need(flora/ fawna)...strive to be a better being...h00k...

no no i didnt want it to head that way, i only stated that to illustrate that I'm a man of patience and understanding. Sometimes I do catch myself judging others and i try to correct myself, I have not found nirvana yet or am i the enlightened one lol, I'm still a disciple. I don't judge anyone for their beliefs if you are happy then thats all that matters as long as you are not hurting others.

I'm another new grower who completed his first successful grow in 2014 and the sense of accomplishment is truly amazing. Thanks to several amazing members here on this site (Antics, you are THE MAN, my friend) and some very informative YouTube videos I managed to get through the entire process with no major problems.

One of the best and most unexpected aspects of growing is the real sense of community I've found with my fellow growers. We're all on the same page and everyone is so willing to offer any help they can, even from thousands of miles away, which is truly inspiring. Any time I had a question or ran into a problem there was someone here with an answer, and for that I am truly grateful. I just hope the knowledge I'm accumulating will be able to help a new grower one day.

That is very well said! I too am new to the growing process. I spend a lot of time tending to the garden chores, what a great hobby for an old retired hitman - the satisfaction of growing your own and tasting the "pure quill" so to speak is such a great thing.

I recently had a chance to share my garden with my adult son, he got to see all three cycles during his visit, he was blown away that the old man had such an advanced operation.

And the bonus of smoking the pure and smooth taste is great, I think I'll go out for a smoke now! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom