The Amazing VaporGenie

WOW do I have a story to share! For months I've been looking for a metal threaded stem for a bong that would fit the threads on the top of the VaporGenie, and yesterday I finally found one at a headshop! For only 3 bucks I got this awesome stem, and tonight my friend and I tried it out with some mids (it's been very dry around here lately), and it was excellent! After just one bowl I was more toasted than I've ever been in my life.

We just filled up the bottom of the bong with ice cubes and no water, and heated the ceramic filter like usual, and the vapor was so cool and dense in the bong that we had to take a hit, cup our hand over the top of the bong, and take a second huge hit to clear it..there was so much vapor from such a tiny little bowl..it was amazing. I cannot recommend this method enough, the vapor was very cool and felt kind of like inhaling dry ice vapor. It didn't even tickle so much as a small cough out of me..it was amazing..and it tasted great..this was byfar the best way I have ever used marijuana.

Here's a pic:

vg1.jpg

edit: make sure you keep the bottom of the stem out of the water because the bubbles will screw up the flame and you won't be able to get it hot enough, just light it the same way as you always do

I agree w/ rin101. I use the water just like normal though, and no ice. The hit sneaks up on you like crazy. You'll think you didn't inhale anything and find you have a lung full of vapor. I've taken bigger hits this way than I ever have burning it.
DSC009432.JPG

have u guys noticed a difference in how ur VG works when using different lighters? i got some cheap-ass lighters (the kind that u can see how much fluid is in them) and i had a standard bic. the cheapos dont seem to heat up the VG as well as the bic. anyone noticed this difference? ... :peace:

I usually use a Vector Elio that I got straight from VG when they had their $3 closeout, but i often use bics as well..I'm not sure i've noticed a difference in heat, Weedpipe, but I definitely noticed that the cheap .99 cent clear ones break very easily..the flint always gets too hot and burns off after a couple bowls.

and dfw-guy, you need to help me figure out how to use it in the water...it wasn't working for me last night, the flame was flickering too much as if there was a fan right above me, but maybe I should try it again with more water

I didn't have a fan on haha, but the flame was flickering like there was one, so I pulled the stem out of the water. I just vaped and I'm going to watch football, cya later!

I finally got a torch lighter this weekend, and it has been great! Not only was I able to burn the soot off of my filter, but I can now get thick vapor hits in just a matter of seconds..even if there is wind! This opens the door for many new vaping spots..including outdoors! I got mine for just a few bucks on eBay and it seems pretty solid, and barely uses any butane. Much more efficient than the old Vector that I was using.

I found a great video on Youtube explaining how to use the VaporGenie and it shows a couple real good vapor hits too, check it out:
YouTube - HiddenVapor's tutorial

If you're reading this and have any interest at all in the VaporGenie, you should check out that video

Glad you like it :)

I just cleaned mine out for the first time in a couple months and vaped a bowl that tasted great! and I'm baked.

;)

Update, in my comparison thread of the VaporGenie vs the VaporStar, I decided to build a gravity bong using the VaporStar as it was the easier to McGuyver.

I have to say the hits are amazingly intense when you re-learn the proper motion for the lighter.

Well I thought you VaporGenie people might be interested, since I'm going to update it with the VaporGenie as soon as I measure it, and cut the hole. Should be an interesting adventure and one many more of you should try.

Nothing like close to 90% efficiency + gravity.

Hey Rin, how did you clean yours? iso and pipe cleaners? I'm just guessing.

No alcohol, just pipe cleaners. You aren't supposed to let any alcohol touch the wood part and there's no resin in it anyway so it doesn't really matter..I just unscrew the screen, pick out all the stuff with a pipe cleaner, run some pipe cleaners through the stem and mouthpiece, then screw in a new screen :)

Fascinating thread, Rin...I'm a guy in my 40's who's been concerned about the disadvantages of smoke, but too cheap to go buy a spendy vape. Additionally, I've got to be stealth about things. Seems cheap for a good quality experience...I've spent 20-25 on pipes that I've made last for years. This VG is pretty durable, right?

When the claim is made that there's no smell, I find myself in disbelief. While I get there is no smoke, doesn't the vapor smell on exhale? Sounds too good to be true. How much further can you make your stash last?

Thanks in advance for your help...
Bob

Fascinating thread, Rin...I'm a guy in my 40's who's been concerned about the disadvantages of smoke, but too cheap to go buy a spendy vape. Additionally, I've got to be stealth about things. Seems cheap for a good quality experience...I've spent 20-25 on pipes that I've made last for years. This VG is pretty durable, right?

When the claim is made that there's no smell, I find myself in disbelief. While I get there is no smoke, doesn't the vapor smell on exhale? Sounds too good to be true. How much further can you make your stash last?

Thanks in advance for your help...
Bob
1. Yes it's durable. It's made out of wood and stainless steel.
2. There really is no smell after you smoke. You can taste the vapor as you exhale, and if you blow it into someones face they will probably smell it, but really within seconds after exhaling the sent just dissipates and disappears. The only other vape I've tried is the volcano knockoff & it has the same result.
3. You'll be amazed at how many hits you can get when vaping. Often I smoke a bowl from my bong first and then start vaping, but this is just so I can get that big satisfying puff of smoke. I duno vaping can't really replace it. Vaping does get you high, very high. Those who say it doesn't get you high like smoking does simply didn't vape enough. But they do have a point, vaping seems to take longer to get you high, but then again I get an easy 6 hits off the tiny bowls of my vapor genie. Bowls that typically would last 2 hits if I were using my bong. I can definitely see that when I'm vaping I consume much less weed vs smoking. The proof is in the science... not that I have the science on me but i do remember brief snippets. Smoking weed is below 30% efficient & vaping is above 90%. Efficient meaning that's how much of the THC in the weed you consume. You can probably find the hard numbers on wikipedia. My numbers come from a book called "illegal drugs" by Paul Gahlinger

Thanks DFW-guy...it'll be my next paraphernalia purchase....haven't been to my local head shop to see if they have 'em. Need to be discrete, so will check 'em out locally, otherwise I'll venture through this site. Thanks again!:peace:

No prob. I love vaping, I'm doing it right now. Though out of my volcano, not the genie ;) My local headshop has the genie, but for $70. They're $55 on the vapor genie site. Also I believe that the charge just shows up as "VG" on the credit card statement.

When I bought mine from the official website, it showed the full "VAPORGENIE" name on my bank statement, but only "VG" on the package's return address so be careful about that...however, one of 420magazine's sponsors, Herbal Vaporizer Shopping & Reviews @ VapeNow.com will show up as "THE BRICKTON GROUP LLC" on your bank statement. They still sell all colors for under $60 including shipping at VapeNow so you should check it out ;)

I got my unit from VaporGenie. This is the best way for me to enjoy herb. There is no MJ smell. I have used this unit in hotels, my home and at friends. No MJ smoke smell at all. To be safe, I would go to the bathroom with the vent on and afterward spray the stuff to cover the smell of crap.

I have used the unit at a friend amd no one was the wise to the vapor.

Back
Top Bottom