The Deep Water Culture Home

Oh man, that's going back a ways! I know who you're talking about, looks like I'll have to google it and find out now! Too funny man. lol

Okay, I'm back, it was Eb Dawson! How appropriate if I were doing an ebb and flow!

NOT!! Eb Dawson was the hired hand there was Ralph and Ralph maybe. But a little guy and his sister. Always wore white bib overhauls and couldn't pound a nail. Remeber the closet in the bedroom? the door never worked right and the closet opened to the outside. I checked Google and am still checking.

uploaded 2 pics just to show where i'm at today in the start of the room and with the start of the plants. Center 2 plants are bagseed and both were transplanted to hydro after being rooted and started in soil. Back one was handled a little to roughly to get dirt off of roots and is not happy right now lol. outside 4 are clones that a buddy just cut off his mother plant and showed up with this week, no roots and no love, So they have been in the room now for 4 days and don't look very bad really. removed fan and raised light for the clones and just dropped the lights down a little lower today. ohh the 4 clones are Kryptonite OG Kush and I would really like them to live and be happy lol and to test adding pics to a post.
Picture_034_800x600_.jpg

Picture_038_800x600_.jpg

Hello friends, what do you think causes "leaf cupping"? I have this one plant and I noticed today on some of the fan leaves they are cupping downward. If I take my thumb and press on the leaf it will cup upwards, like small pot-leaf canoes. The plant is healthy and everything is green. All my specs are optimal. Using Technaflora boost, grow, and MaGICal. I've never seen this before, anybody have a theory?

Hello friends, what do you think causes "leaf cupping"? I have this one plant and I noticed today on some of the fan leaves they are cupping downward. If I take my thumb and press on the leaf it will cup upwards, like small pot-leaf canoes. The plant is healthy and everything is green. All my specs are optimal. Using Technaflora boost, grow, and MaGICal. I've never seen this before, anybody have a theory?

Curling down, heat is my first thought.

Has anyone ever experienced the "pro drainage kit" dripping, making puddles over night. It is actually quite frustrating, like the valve wasnt completely shut at one point, my bad, but i closed it and it would do about 1 drip every 2 minutes, that adds up over night. I have a towel under it now wondering what i should do, refill the water lost? Idk

uploaded 2 pics just to show where i'm at today in the start of the room and with the start of the plants. Center 2 plants are bagseed and both were transplanted to hydro after being rooted and started in soil. Back one was handled a little to roughly to get dirt off of roots and is not happy right now lol. outside 4 are clones that a buddy just cut off his mother plant and showed up with this week, no roots and no love, So they have been in the room now for 4 days and don't look very bad really. removed fan and raised light for the clones and just dropped the lights down a little lower today. ohh the 4 clones are Kryptonite OG Kush and I would really like them to live and be happy lol and to test adding pics to a post.
Picture_034_800x600_.jpg

Picture_038_800x600_.jpg

Not a bad lookin setup my friend. What kind of headspace you have total in your closet? What kind of nutes you using for veg?

Yeah cool man let me know when its up and ready for viewing eyes. Yeah you look good like you have room but honestly to tell you the truth i thought my spare closet was plenty of room for two plants and i was wrong lol i had to take them out after 2 or 3 days of flower lol out growing my closet quick. Plus my opinion, (Which dont mean much) is i wont use that 6 starter Deep Water Culture tub just because after seein how big my two got and how much room is on the Deep Water Culture tub just seems like alot of plants will end up being shadowed. But like i have said before i am still new and learning just how i see it.

I used Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B, Big Bud, and Liquid Carbo Load. I never went over 900 ppm and the last two weeks no nutes at all, just the Carbo Load.

I'm guestimating I'll get 8 oz dried, not bad for two plants! I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff! lol

Nice! that is a great amount of bud especially off 2 plants. Id say you def got the hang of it!

:welldone::yummy::peace:

I wish my plant would show me a fem part already lol the mystery is too much for me after the other bein male.

GG I told you my ww looks the same as your, cept that yours is prettier. If it isn't showing male I would bet it is female. Mine is taking forever to show buds but if you look closely you can see all the female traits. Stop being a worrying dad. Everything will work out just fine.

Has anyone ever experienced the "pro drainage kit" dripping, making puddles over night. It is actually quite frustrating, like the valve wasnt completely shut at one point, my bad, but i closed it and it would do about 1 drip every 2 minutes, that adds up over night. I have a towel under it now wondering what i should do, refill the water lost? Idk

I have the pro-drainage and it doesn't leak. I do remember when setting it up it did and had to turn the drain one more time around to make it tighter.

GG I told you my ww looks the same as your, cept that yours is prettier. If it isn't showing male I would bet it is female. Mine is taking forever to show buds but if you look closely you can see all the female traits. Stop being a worrying dad. Everything will work out just fine.

Yeah i know man im pretty sure it is fem i think this mornin lookin at the new re growth comin out the top i see what i think are little tiny pistols but really hard to see. Maybe tomorrow i will be able get some better pix.

In most cases I would say over watering but if your using bubble ponics it could be a lack of O2. Also some types of over fert will express themselves that way. Pics would help with a diagnosis. Give the info you provided I would have to say that there is a lack of useable oxygen to the roots. Sometimes if you use CO2 enrichment in a cealed enviroment then the air pumps end up pumping mostly CO2 into the hydro system or maybe the plants have out grown the amount of O2 being provided or maybe a pump isnt running at capacity. Heat could be the culprit but you should see raised edges along the leafs blades a mutation that occurs when the plants have to transpire way to fast to compensate with a hot enviroment. OH also if your rez temp is shooting up then the available O2 is bottoming out that could be the cause as well.

I agree, females tend to be a little coy about showing, and the males usually show fast to be ready for the females.

Hey man, Ive had no trouble with mine leaking but first I would try to tighten it a little more...If its already snug then I would consider getting some waterproof silicone and put it around the edge of the plastic nut on the inside and outside..that should fix it up...GL man!

Hey man, Ive had no trouble with mine leaking but first I would try to tighten it a little more...If its already snug then I would consider getting some waterproof silicone and put it around the edge of the plastic nut on the inside and outside..that should fix it up...GL man!

or get a new washer

Back
Top Bottom