The Deep Water Culture Home

GG great news. I got bud sites and a lot of them. You will see them way sooner then me cause you have a better set up and are able to take better care of your plant but I knew you would want to know. This is the completion of 5 weeks of flowering. If I had side lighting like you do I think I would have done better. I don't have room on the sides. I tilted the plant but need to stuff something on the side of the cup to hold it tilted.

I saw someone have like a light thing sitting right in the middle of the tank. I looked in home depot for a base like that but none connect right into an outlet they have wires to doohicky. I am not playing with that.

I may have to tie the plants to lean one way one day and the other a few days later. What do you all think of doing that since the WW is so bushy.

My baby clones are in the state of no where. They are growing roots but nothing else and are now almost completely shadowed by the other plants. I will let them grow after harvest to see what happens. I could move them to another set up but that is way too much work for me and expensive for not knowing what will happen.

Great to hear of all the bud sites! As to tilting the WW, from the plants I've seen you'll be sacrificing the buds on the lower side if you do that. Those WW are great producers!

Ok I will leave it be. I am sure the other plant will harvest first so will be able to get in some side lighting towards the end. I hope the first one is ready in three weeks and then can do that. Since these are plants one never knows. Watch the ww be ready first lol. Stop posting go trim and hurt those hands...soak them and ice them later to heal.

Fry you never cease to amaze me with your grows !! That cola is massive .When I win the Publishers Clearing House 20 million I will be hiring you to be my personal grower!!Something like Lewis Blacks personel ball washer! :rofl:

Cause GG is worried that is all.

Is it possible that my plant in five weeks flower is showing amber trichs especially under the leaves?

Sounds very premature to me. I am not aware of a strain that would do that in 5 weeks. Maybe, but I doubt it. Are you sure you are looking at trichs?

Peace

Sam

I suppose it will get bud eventually. Looks like mine is starting to show some this afternoon. I have seen that before and more and more bush arrives. I really think this time it is showing buds sites. It is just slow. Remember ww is a cross so it may take longer depending on if it leans indica or sativa. Mine has indica leaves but is growing slow like sativa.

Hey alien

When you give a little squeeze to that big bud, what does it feel like? Dense or fluffy? Sticky? Let us know.

Peace

Sam

Sounds very premature to me. I am not aware of a strain that would do that in 5 weeks. Maybe, but I doubt it. Are you sure you are looking at trichs?

Peace

Sam

Sam it is under the leaves that I saw brown. I don't know what it is. When I posted the pictures yesterday I put them in photoshop to reduce them. I zoomed in on the trichs and they are definitely clear. I didn't take pictures of the underside of the leaf to do the same and zoom. If I have time later I will and give you an update. I never really looked under the leaf with a magnifying glass before maybe that is just what they look like.

Hey alien

When you give a little squeeze to that big bud, what does it feel like? Dense or fluffy? Sticky? Let us know.

Peace

Sam

The bud feels extremely dense and very sticky. I am a bad girl and touch it to get the smell on my hands cause I like it.

Now if my ww gets buds like that I will be jumping for joy.

Okay, I just started chopping the Northern Lights and here's the big cola. It weighs 9.25 oz, wet of course. It measures 20" from the top to the bottom of the lowest leaves. This is double the size of my first grow's biggest cola!

That is a 2 liter pop bottle sitting next to it.

IMG_20723.jpg

Yes, I'm smiling partly because I've got at least 5 other colas close in size, but this is definitely the biggest.

What a great looking chair ya got! lol

Peace

Sam

Fry you never cease to amaze me with your grows !! That cola is massive .When I win the Publishers Clearing House 20 million I will be hiring you to be my personal grower!!Something like Lewis Blacks personel ball washer! :rofl:

ol hippy, I told you that you have a very green thumb and your grows are great. You don't need someone to grow for you. It is that melted head of yours lol.

Damn I missed page 420!!!!!!! :grinjoint:

I would love a link that shows how to calculate lumens per sqft at a given distance for a 400W and 600W. :smokin:

Dont have a link but this is strait from Jorge Cervantes's grow bible
600W (150 lumens per watt):
1' away: 90,000 Lumens
2' away: 22,500 Lumens
3' away: 9,999 Lumens
4' away: 6,428 Lumens

400W (125 lumens per watt):
1' away: 50,000 Lumens
2' away: 12,500 Lumens
3' away: 5,555 Lumens
4' away: 3,571 Lumens

L x w = sf then divide sf by lumens=lpsf

hope that helps;)

This is correct...but you still have to calculate the amount of lumens that are at the canopy of the plants...because it wont be equal to the amount being emitted from the bulb

The bud feels extremely dense and very sticky. I am a bad girl and touch it to get the smell on my hands cause I like it.

Now if my ww gets buds like that I will be jumping for joy.

Yeah, I have to touch them too for the same reason. It might be the greatest aroma in the world. Suprising that when they create these intense, provocative perfumes that they don't add trichomes for the greatest result. I would be very attracted to a perfume like that!! lol

Peace

Sam

Will Smith at the end of the song from the show fresh prince used to say smell ya later. It just reminded me of that. I would buy that perfume as well. Hmmmmm a thought of a business for someone.

Okay, I just started chopping the Northern Lights and here's the big cola. It weighs 9.25 oz, wet of course. It measures 20" from the top to the bottom of the lowest leaves. This is double the size of my first grow's biggest cola!

That is a 2 liter pop bottle sitting next to it.

IMG_20723.jpg

Yes, I'm smiling partly because I've got at least 5 other colas close in size, but this is definitely the biggest.

All i have to say is :bravo: :bravo:

GG great news. I got bud sites and a lot of them. You will see them way sooner then me cause you have a better set up and are able to take better care of your plant but I knew you would want to know. This is the completion of 5 weeks of flowering. If I had side lighting like you do I think I would have done better. I don't have room on the sides. I tilted the plant but need to stuff something on the side of the cup to hold it tilted.

I saw someone have like a light thing sitting right in the middle of the tank. I looked in home depot for a base like that but none connect right into an outlet they have wires to doohicky. I am not playing with that.

I may have to tie the plants to lean one way one day and the other a few days later. What do you all think of doing that since the WW is so bushy.

My baby clones are in the state of no where. They are growing roots but nothing else and are now almost completely shadowed by the other plants. I will let them grow after harvest to see what happens. I could move them to another set up but that is way too much work for me and expensive for not knowing what will happen.

Sounds like things are startin to get exciting with your grow alien8. My plant may be a lil better (maybe) but i only have one plant how many widows you got again? Im about to take and upload some pix so bare with me and check my thread out in a lil while and if you can and dont mind postin a couple pix or so of your widows just so i can take a look in my thread. If not no big deal but im happy for your bud sites ill be waitin on mine to show in the next 2weeks or so

Hey FPF i definatley want to know an overall weight on your NL cause if that was 9.25 oz wet and you have 5 others close in size after dried and cured wouldnt that be like close to a lb

GG I have pics a couple of pages back. Did you want a new pic of the ww? Did you want it posted in your thread or just wanted to see? I have only two plants and the silly little clones. One plant is ww the other is unknown indoor mix. The indoor mix is the one with one huge bud. Check a few pages back you saw them already but smoking makes your mind a mush.

That would be cool, but never, ever ask me to wash your balls! Even if you do play golf! lol

And just think, my next grow will be 18 plants each having about 50% more room and three times the light. The next grow will be classic!

Hey FPF i definatley want to know an overall weight on your NL cause if that was 9.25 oz wet and you have 5 others close in size after dried and cured wouldnt that be like close to a lb

I'll have to work on that one, though I don't know if I'll bother weighing everything now as they will lose so much weight in drying.

I'll be pleased to get 8 oz from this plant, along with the 8 from the SD the total would be a pound and I would be happy, anything more would be a bonus!

Time to get a few pics of all the NL now that they are all trimmed. I went through it pretty fast partly because rather than mess too much with the small buds I just cut them up and put them in with the bud leaves to be used for hash or whatever.

Just realized I need to run to the hardware store for some hooks to hang the buds. Gotta run before they close up!

Back
Top Bottom