The DIY COB Addiction

Heres a diagram, hope u can read it.. On the fly at work..
420-magazine-mobile363519070.jpg

If connecting one pot to 2 PWM's you have to divide the resistance by half. 50k ohm pot required.

If connecting one pot to 2 PWM's you have to divide the resistance by half. 50k ohm pot required.
This is correct, and a 5k resistor in series to the pot... Dosent matter which side..

I added the resistor to the drawing... JJ on the ball..
420-magazine-mobile722688007.jpg
Thanks buddy it's setting it all !
I'm finishing my parts list and now i'm rwally satisfied with my choice of parts
Thanks for the good drawing!

I'll do a post as soon as i got all my parts home ( 5-6 weeks)

Thanks again and i'll keep you in touch with my final product !

Got some 52v B series chips for my next par test video.
80Cri vs 90Cri
It's a colour rendering indexoff
420-magazine-mobile1732055523.jpg
In the thread for the 80vs90 cri battle on another site, dawg does par tests for each update.. 80 has a higher par everytime... But 90 wins in plant size, flower size and finish time.. Someone was saying that a good chunck of the spectrum is out of the range on a lot of the cheap par meters. The mq-500 has a broader spectrum range that is designed for white leds.. I would be very curious to see what the findings are on that unit.. I was just looking at one, 500$ us.. Ouch... The meter that was being used in the 80vs90 battle was a mq-200 i believe..

How come your using the 100a display meter with current transformer, the 20a is simpler to hook up?
How so? When i bought mine the 20&100a were the same price and both had current transformers... I know there is a ton of different units out there.. There was one where you just brought your hot in and out of the display, but i dont trust these cheap Chinese displays to be in series on my ac side.. Display goes and down goes your lights..

Thanks buddy it's setting it all !
I'm finishing my parts list and now i'm rwally satisfied with my choice of parts
Thanks for the good drawing!

I'll do a post as soon as i got all my parts home ( 5-6 weeks)

Thanks again and i'll keep you in touch with my final product !
Way to go bud.. Your on your way to having a beauty of a light..
Cheers

Heres the latest from the battle.
420-magazine-mobile1627563060.jpg

90's been done for a bit now..
80 still going..
Will be interesting to get final weights..
But i found a very similar scenario with my first run here with cobs.. 3500/80 had little to no stretch at all.. Very very squat plants.. They've been under the 2700/90's for 8 days and ive seen more vertical growth now than then the past 4 weeks.. Its impossible to compare too, i know... I will see next run what the growth differences are like..
420-magazine-mobile2012116164.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1887641200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile193421494.jpg
420-magazine-mobile121533330.jpg

These were a couple days ago.. Frost is starting...
Cheers

In the thread for the 80vs90 cri battle on another site, dawg does par tests for each update.. 80 has a higher par everytime... But 90 wins in plant size, flower size and finish time.. Someone was saying that a good chunck of the spectrum is out of the range on a lot of the cheap par meters. The mq-500 has a broader spectrum range that is designed for white leds.. I would be very curious to see what the findings are on that unit.. I was just looking at one, 500$ us.. Ouch... The meter that was being used in the 80vs90 battle was a mq-200 i believe..

I agree with you there. I think that because digital PAR meters detect Luminosity as well as spectrum the 4000k 80 will always win in a PAR test. That is to say because it projects more photons it will read a higher number. The only true test would be spectral analysis. This stems from the problem of red light. Red light is less energetic and therefore will always read a lower PAR reading. It goes to show you that even with accurate part results you don't truly get a measure of a chips capability. I like to think the 90 CRI wins in the "dankest buds" category every time because of the "farther reds".
This was proved with the 1750k. After 3 weeks my buds (grown on 4000k 80 CRI) didn't get much larger but they almost doubled in density under 1750k.

I'm trying to get my order together but am having a heck of a time locating the HLG-320H-C1750 driver.
Do you guys know if this driver is available from a Canadian retailer? If not, do you know of a reputable American retailer?

Thanks!

Mouser electronics Canada.

Back
Top Bottom