We haven't turned our heat off yet.
Hail yesterday, even the hut had heat on last night.
Canadian spring , don't you love it. :rolleyes:
Hope everything goes well with the family.
Nice to get a visit but can be a lot sometimes.
Greenhouse is pegged wired and ready for sunshine :thumb:
Hopefully May runs this cold off the map.
Quick pic.;)

Hone you don't mind.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
You ARE getting close!👍👊. Thats a great toy to have. I have no space for one on my current property ( or lackvthereof property)

Hail, ick. We escaped the snow down in the valley last night but it's fresh up in the hills. Supposed to freeze tonight here.

Come On Sunshine!

well here it comes. Typical Mutant stuff. It's fizzling out.

20240429_084520.jpg

20240429_084344.jpg

Ya turn your back for 3 days and.... sheesh.... Guess I need a plan. Brix must have crashed, thrips are in. The pistils make me think a hermie too, but for the life of me I can't find any, so I turned the light back down to 1000PPFD. See if it spreads or not. The thrips damage is in the old leaves down low, so it may be old damage from the cold veg tent. Fish, topdress, and some EWC, and if needed, a tea next week. Lots of molasses will be in it. Maybe a dose of dolomite water too if the calcium line is crisp. The soil isn't crusty at all so I'm leaning towards old thrips damage, but I'll run a brix test later.
It could be the limits of the Gaia mix have been reached for a 7gal pot too. I'll ride Mutey out until the end.

I guess it's time to make some Rev's soil up.

Space is gone so I had to get rid of the BK clones in the aerocloner, and likely the BK manifold in the small pot. Or the mutant.

Bye BK's... C-Ya!, but thank you for the manifold demo👊.

NOW GET IN THE WORM BIN!

Too bad, she was lovely❤️. Hybrids aren't my smoke but dang they are easy and pretty.

20240429_085124.jpg

A question for you seed growers (I've grown mostly clones from a cbd plant).

If an indica based seedling is topped between nodes 4 and 5 quadlining style, removing nodes 1 and 2 and letting nodes 3 and 4 construct the quad and those branches are still growing out in an opposite node pattern at branch node 6, can it be "forced" to mature faster by flipping to 12/12 rather than just waiting for the nodes to alternate to indicate sexual maturity?

It's gotta be close to sexual maturity but it's hard to wait another week or two given it's size already and the limited real estate available in flower.

Asking for a friend...

A question for you seed growers (I've grown mostly clones from a cbd plant).

If an indica based seedling is topped between nodes 4 and 5 quadlining style, removing nodes 1 and 2 and letting nodes 3 and 4 construct the quad and those branches are still growing out in an opposite node pattern at branch node 6, can it be "forced" to mature faster by flipping to 12/12 rather than just waiting for the nodes to alternate to indicate sexual maturity?

It's gotta be close to sexual maturity but it's hard to wait another week or two given it's size already and the limited real estate available in flower.

Asking for a friend...
It can, just as knocking up an 11 year old is possible, but not the best way to reproduce. We don't chase seeds but we do chase the wombs of seeds. In both cases hormones determine fruitfulness. So the end result is a womb (caylyx) that may not have a proper hormonal profile.

So terpenes may not be the same as those from a properly sexually mature plant, the same as a child may not be as genetically sound from an 11 year old mother.

"May not" being the ambiguous but very real part here.

It also may be and quite often is just fine in both cases, but once the ball is rolling the outcome is what it is, for better or worse.

Obviously the human scenario has the more dire consequences, but as far as a comparison goes, it's a good analogy.

The description of your seeds and what they will become is based on healthy mature genetics, not child pregnancies.

Make sense?

May have mentioned this before but wonder if the early sexing on beans thing can be used to push them to sexual maturity faster?

But wait there’s more; just like flower hormones must convince the apical top that it’s in flower first then it works down the stalk to next lowest pair…. sexual maturity / staggered nodes is kinda a reverse apical process, it builds on top of an even node pair typically the 5th, 6th, ot 7th node for most strains.

Anywho what about 1, 2 punch of early sexing then topping to have less nodes or maybe early lst to shift the paradigm… wondering if that shaves time to get to staggered nodes

Think my amnesia haze went to 9 pairs beyond cotys before reaching staggered nodes.

Seems I recall by snipping lowest growth tips on each branch it can push a girl to get staggered nodes faster. Take the lowest all the way around, come back 2 days later & do it again.. about 3 total sessions. It lightens her load and smacks that ass. Hmm then again maybe I was too stoned.

Don’t look this way if that fuzzy caterpillar goes missing… wasn’t me!

The biggest influencer I have found, other than starting seeds at 12/12, to push maturity, is to either start in your final container, or 1st uppot straight into flower soil.

My preferred method is to sprout in 10gal pots of flower soil. I use a solo sized blob of used soil in the centre of the pot for germination and as soon as the roots grow out of that they find P.

P is the love drug. It's the main ingredient in sexual maturity. In humans too. The 1st step at a fertility clinic is to give you vitamins and correct your diet. Poor diet lowers birth rate.

I've taken off every other node, the ones growing up and down. It's also been a bit cool and that has seemed to effect the time other plants have taken to show pistils (really stigmas) after flip. I seem to go a full 14-25 days when it's cold so maybe that has something to do with it?

Plant looks super healthy and has very strong and thick limbs. I just wish it would get on with it. 🫤

I've taken off every other node, the ones growing up and down. It's also been a bit cool and that has seemed to effect the time other plants have taken to show pistils (really stigmas) after flip. I seem to go a full 14-25 days when it's cold so maybe that has something to do with it?

Plant looks super healthy and has very strong and thick limbs. I just wish it would get on with it. 🫤
Girls.... Sheesh... Always fashionably late...
🤣🤣🤣

Girls.... Sheesh... Always fashionably late...
🤣🤣🤣
Technically the stigma is the hair, the pistil is both hairs and the ovule they come from, but we all know what is meant. Most cannabis parts are actually mislabelled but you know what, if they shut us away for 100 years, like any abandoned community, an indigenous language arises.

So myself, the mislabelling, which is now the industry lingo, indicates perserverance won the game.

I call them pistils. Stigma is a label you get when society finds out your one of "Those Dopers".

Calyxes are actually bracts. Air pollinated plants don't grow calyxes, they are actually the green backing of a petalled flower that attaches it to the stem. Bracts are actually leaves and hold the most THC.

What we call the seed is actually the achene, and it goes on and on, but I like our lingo better, cuz it's ours.

If the world has a problem with that then all they need to do is legalize and standardize.

We don't need no stinkin stigmas.....

FYI... Canada has pardoned all simple possession wraps. All you need to do if you ever got busted for a few doobies during prohibition is apply for the pardon.

We don't do stigmas up here😎

20240430_163105.jpg

The tortured souls. There was a bit of damage but considering that they should have wilted and lost all their leaves and maybe 1 would have somehow survived the no-hardening-off, I'm impressed.

20240430_163058.jpg

20240430_163049.jpg

20240430_163040.jpg

And then I noticed that my lens was dirty. Sorry about the crappy focus.

20240430_163023.jpg

Day 13 in soil.

20240430_163015.jpg

20240430_163003.jpg

20240430_162958.jpg

20240430_162953.jpg

They are all going now. Never lost a leaf or branch on any👍. So aero cloning is what RVDV likes better. Yessssss.

20240430_163350.jpg

And double Yesssss. This root tip is at least 24 hours in the air, likely closer tob48 to be that brown as it airprunes off. Thats quite fast by my accounts of whats normal. Usually its Days 18-21.

Back
Top Bottom