Gee64

Hi I'm Gee and I'm an Organaholic.

I'm glad you finally found The Gee Spot😎

This will be a perpetual room for all to talk, brag, debate, and be proud of your plants in, with the quest for new and better knowledge. So if you got it flaunt it, past or present.

I will likely post grows in here as we science things but I will likely do other journals on the individual grows after a new or interesting topic is worth trying.

Talk about YOUR style of grow freely here, its not just about organics, thats just my thing.

I use Living Organic Soil with spikes and layers and right now SIPS, SWICKS, and anything sub-irrigated has caught my attention, so thats what I am working on at the moment.

20221213_084838.jpg

Here is a solo cup with a yarn wick hanging into an ice cream pail of RO water. The seeds were germinated in the cup.

20221223_124842.jpg

13 days after popping in the soil these are the roots. They aren't what I typically see. Normally its more fuzzy myco infested roots like the one by my thumb and this technique has feeder roots by the surface but as you can see there are water roots circling the bottom where the wick comes in.

20230107_102736.jpg

After uppotting to the 10gal the plants grew fairly well up top but nothing spectacular, just healthy.

The roots however burst through the bottom of the smart pot 15 days after transplanting and the pot is 15" tall so thats kind of cool. The roots poking out were big fuzzy myco infested feeder roots so it is looking good.

These are the plants at day 28 above ground, 15 days after transplant. They ( i started 2 seeds thinking it wasn't going to germinate....WRONG!) have been topped above the 3rd node to start the manifolding. They are regular seeds so hopefully I get a female.

I will eventually cut clones and try cloning straight into a 10gal pot. So far I have avoided my regular veg uppot to 1.66gals.

The light green color is my new led strip light, they are actually a very healthy normal green color.

20230108_055805.jpg

It all begins here in the worm farm.

I am travelling but on Thursday I will be home and will take photos of the bottom of the pot and the pad. The full setup. Its buried at the back of the veg tent so I couldn't get pictures.

Hopefully the pad will be root infested by then.

Its nice to not have to worry about watering👍

So stop on by, hang out, and tell us what you got going on.

@Keffka @Azimuth @StoneOtter @Emilya Green @Krissi Carbone
20230107_111316.jpg

Its a terrible picture I apologize and will get better ones but has anyone ever seen trichs do this?

Its Durban Poison that I have grown for years and have never seen this before.

Close to half the trichs are like this. Absolutely massive multi-headed things.

So completely not completely unrelated, I’m still thinking about topping.. If the plants meristematic cells are hanging out in the roots and shoots, when we top don’t we essentially just remove all of the meristem cells? This seems to me to be a little more involved than simply shifting hormones, this would require creating all new meristem cells again.

Am I correct or am I overlooking something?

Also good thinking starting this thread.. you drop so much Knowledge in my journal alone it’s not really fair my journal gets credit for your thoughts. (Which is why I constantly tag you 😂)

@Keffka @Azimuth @StoneOtter @Emilya Green @Krissi Carbone
20230107_111316.jpg

Its a terrible picture I apologize and will get better ones but has anyone ever seen trichs do this?

Its Durban Poison that I have grown for years and have never seen this before.

Close to half the trichs are like this. Absolutely massive multi-headed things.
I love pics like this reminds me of what's going on with my Big Bull right now. I have these THCa diamonds as @iamhim likes to call them. We see this in droughting often, but when I saw the video on it, what happens is this: those stalks are the gateway of your cannabinoids. Yours are producing lots of resin and that pushes itself into those bulbous heads on the trichomes. When those heads get full of goo, they pop and drip onto nearby stalks producing the "twinning" effect. As it sits there open, it continues to seep all that delicious goo out and stacks itself. Point being, you're gonna have some sticky buds.

I got some macro shots of my Big Bull's, not scoped like yours but you'll see what I mean by stacking and that "diamond"

Totally cool, Gee, awesome growing buddy.

This was the process as I saw it happen over about a week or so....

To be honest I was thinking we all need a science room to keep personal journals more stream lined.

We can all pool our thoughts and ideas here and get group therapy, and as long as it is perpetual it can't win any journal contests so its without prejudice.

A collection of weird sciences to bookmark.

The bigger the conversation the smarter we all get and maybe we can get quite a few members all testing quite a few things all in one place.

As new ideas arise and we figure them out in here we can all try individual ideas in our own journals that we know will work, making great demonstrations for all of 420 to benefit from, and collectively build a huge resource of what intrigues the group.

A group journal of sorts I suppose.

And humor... god I love humor... Who don't love goofy $hit!🤣🤣🤣

I love pics like this reminds me of what's going on with my Big Bull right now. I have these THCa diamonds as @iamhim likes to call them. We see this in droughting often, but when I saw the video on it, what happens is this: those stalks are the gateway of your cannabinoids. Yours are producing lots of resin and that pushes itself into those bulbous heads on the trichomes. When those heads get full of goo, they pop and drip onto nearby stalks producing the "twinning" effect. As it sits there open, it continues to seep all that delicious goo out and stacks itself. Point being, you're gonna have some sticky buds.

I got some macro shots of my Big Bull's, not scoped like yours but you'll see what I mean by stacking and that "diamond"

Krissi I knew you knew that. I started reading your droughting journal and "The Fight" broke out. PEOPLE THIS IS WHAT DROUGHTING DOES TO RESIN! You know your stuff and some in there were getting ugly in the beginning.

If you ever doubted Krissi heres the backup proof. It works. Period. I cure my weed in the typical way in jars so 11 days before harvest I drought til all fan leaves are crispy.

Then I chop and I am already 11 days into the cure starting with these heads.

Think about it for a second... when you chop and cure, the regulated slow dehydration of a long cure makes your weed more potent by pulling from the trim you leave on, so why not pull from the entire plant and get way more from it.

I call it Live Curing.

Its actually easier than driving to a dispensary giving away 20% thc and its free.

You work hard to get a grow done, take 11 days off😎😎

So completely not completely unrelated, I’m still thinking about topping.. If the plants meristematic cells are hanging out in the roots and shoots, when we top don’t we essentially just remove all of the meristem cells? This seems to me to be a little more involved than simply shifting hormones, this would require creating all new meristem cells again.

Am I correct or am I overlooking something?
Im not an expert on merrystematics but I believe they are basically unprogrammed cells that every growing tip has.

I was always under the belief topping signalled the shoots to start programming them and it gets branchy quick once the main cola gets removed.

I am not sure though, I haven't read alot about it, but indoors I love manifolding.

lol dang Krissi! I was just on Keffs journal... All these beauties AND you cook??!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Them are very pretty. You should probably wear a helmet when smoking that!

I cure my weed in the typical way in jars so 11 days before harvest I drought til all fan leaves are crispy.

Then I chop and I am already 11 days into the cure starting with these heads.

Think about it for a second... when you chop and cure, the regulated slow dehydration of a long cure makes your weed more potent by pulling from the trim you leave on, so why not pull from the entire plant and get way more from it.

I call it Live Curing.
I've often wondered about the science of a long, slow dry. I get a long cure, but what is the reason for wanting a slow dry? Are there microbes that are only available at higher humidity levels that you miss out on if you go too fast?

I've often wondered about the science of a long, slow dry. I get a long cure, but what is the reason for wanting a slow dry? Are there microbes that are only available at higher humidity levels that you miss out on if you go too fast?
To be honest I read about it, tried it, the small science I read on it states the weed is actually still alive but without nutes it converts chlorophyl to resins still trying to protect the calyxes and the slower the dry the more it can convert until it fully dies. I thought lets try it. It seemed a noticable difference in taste and potency so droughting really made sense, just not at day 42, do it for the last 11 days straight into the hanging/jar. The trichs are wicked but I havent actually smoked it yet. It kinda scares me🤪

And humor... god I love humor... Who don't love goofy $hit!
OK OK, the cookies have kicked in.....I had a good response!!!!!.....it was right there!!!!........
Oh Man....can I get back to you????!!!!??? :rofl:

I was going to take this winter off from growing for the 1st time in over 5 years but sips and swicks caught my eye.

The problem was that I had 3 plants in flower and no seedlings, clones, or a mother plant.

My other conundrum was smart pots and sips so I decided on a swick, but I use EWC up top and water it in for all its goodness but really to keep the calcium coming in up top as calcium is heavy and it moves down quick.

Then someone tweeked me onto Rev's calcium water made with dolomite lime ( Azi or Melville or StoneOtter or Keff I think) and I thought hmmmm... calcium from the bottom coming up, whooda thunk? It actually made a lot of sense so thats what I am going to try but I am not sure if swicking, which eliminates top watering, will need it as other than some fish fertilizer feeds to feed the fungii I don't know if calcium in my soil will sink much.

Do any of you guys have any experience in this?

The extra magnesium in the dolomite lime would normally scare me off as I view magnesium as the devil but as long as its in check its fine, just not too much, and at 75ish ppm for the calcium water the small ampunt of extra magnesium will hopefully be used by the plants need for a bit extra magnesium.

So thats definitely something I want to try.

Any thoughts or advice or concerns on this before I commit? I am ok with ewc up top I just thought if I can get away with no watering up top why not try?

The unfortunate thing about knowledge and intelligence is when no one else is interested in the same thing 😂

Meristematic tissue/cells are undifferentiated (unprogrammed for @Gee64 🤣) they need a hormone/signal to begin differentiating. However, these cells are at the tips of your roots and shoots, that’s where they reside and get their signals sent to. There’s also cells in the internodes, and between the phloem and xylem.. You can see where they’re hanging out and why.

So with that, when we top, we most definitely are legitimately obliterating the cells and tissue from the plant. This means that when the plant “hormone shifts” it’s doing much more than just shifting. It’s either losing those apical meristem cells altogether, and the nodal meristem cells take over hence the lateral growth, or it’s regenerating new meristem cells. In the time it takes the plant to shift after topping I’m not willing to believe it’s a simple hormone shift. I think we have obliterated the apical meristem cells for the plants entire life.

I don’t like this at all, and it’s very counterintuitive to the natural organic path I’m trying to put it on. This seems like it’s automatically preventing our plants from reaching their genetic potential. Regardless of what our eyes see or what the yield is, removing these cells most certainly must have inflicted some level of trauma and damage to the plants potential.

Back
Top Bottom