The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Well the moisture meter was a great tool to purchase. All though the girls appear to be happy, I think they were very dry (or so the meter said) I have been just using my finger to test moisture and clearly I have been mis-judging. Been watering every 3 days and don't think that is enough.

Thanks for the idea
Maui

Im having this same issue. I should prob get a meter cause Im watering every 3 days or so but my instincts are telling me it should be more.

Rex, as they say at amusement parks alll over America..."Here we go!" I'm transplanting the Dinachems and Skunk 44's into 30 gal containers today.
Then after taking some clones they go back into 18/24 for another 6 weeks then into flip. I've always wanted to try to grow some indoor monsters. So we'll see how it goes. I'm upping the ventilation to increase air flow because of the leaf surface area. In about two weeks I will start some CO2 supplementation. 2- 1000's and let em go! I thought that I had about 12 foot ceilings but when I was doing my framing they are more like 16 so I've got plenty of room. Should be fun right now they are all surrounded by my autos which are in full bloom and will be coming out in about 6 weeks.

Nyhm, You will be surprised at how dry they get. I was. That was the best 10 bucks I have spent.

As for the wait...... Its killing me as this is my first indoor grow. 14 days in after 12/12 and the girls flowering incredibly well. I still have at least 6 weeks to go. I will get some relief from looking at them everyday as I am leaving for Dan Diego in 2 weeks for business. That will fun to come back and see the difference.

Maui

uth.
WOW, 16` ceilings, what fun your gonna have. Any joiners ? Color me green with envy, ol` friend. I got 7`3" ceiling. Could have 12` ceiling, but have to build a new room in my garage. One girl I got now would love a higher ceiling. Supposed to be 60% sativa, but sure grows like a 100% one. Just flipped to 12/12 Friday. About 8-10 weeks from now I be a happy camper.

Nyhm, You will be surprised at how dry they get. I was. That was the best 10 bucks I have spent.

As for the wait...... Its killing me as this is my first indoor grow. 14 days in after 12/12 and the girls flowering incredibly well. I still have at least 6 weeks to go. I will get some relief from looking at them everyday as I am leaving for Dan Diego in 2 weeks for business. That will fun to come back and see the difference.

Maui

I understand exactly what you mean. I have helped friends before but never extensively so this is my first solo grow. She is 46 days in 12/12 and Im starting to see the swell now and its driving me absolutely insane. I wanna taste so bad...LOL

uth.
WOW, 16` ceilings, what fun your gonna have. Any joiners ? Color me green with envy, ol` friend. I got 7`3" ceiling. Could have 12` ceiling, but have to build a new room in my garage. One girl I got now would love a higher ceiling. Supposed to be 60% sativa, but sure grows like a 100% one. Just flipped to 12/12 Friday. About 8-10 weeks from now I be a happy camper.

Hey Yoop! I move everything out to a new barn this winter. At first I assumed that I had about 12 feet to the rafters as I was building walls. Get a couple of 12 ft 2x4's. Oh oh....ended up going to the saw mill and getting 16 ft 2x6's. framed up. Still need to finish insulating and covering the inside of one wall and add some additional wiring for the clone closet and the veg closet and she's done.
But the girls are already in and growing and have been for over a week now. They seem to like it.In a barn grow I always hang insect netting and I still have to get that up yet. But withalmost 200 square feet of flowering space plus 16 ft ceilings I'm considering growing some old school landrace panamas, columbians or brazilians and I'm looking at some asian landrace varieties. I'm thinking a cross between the sativas then cross with a chitral kush or morrocan. I've always thought it would be neat to have a 7 continent cross. You know an Uptheholler Seed Company 'Trip Around The World In A Bag' variety. It would go along with my 'Crop Circle Kush' idea! Ha!

16 foot ceilings and all I have is a small corner in the basement DROOL.

Dadums! Don't worry I have been assured, coincidently enough, by every girl that I ever dated, that size is not important, it's what you do with it that counts!

Kind of an odd coincidence now that I think about it......... probably because I drove a lot of small cars.

Hey Yoop! I move everything out to a new barn this winter. At first I assumed that I had about 12 feet to the rafters as I was building walls. Get a couple of 12 ft 2x4's. Oh oh....ended up going to the saw mill and getting 16 ft 2x6's. framed up. Still need to finish insulating and covering the inside of one wall and add some additional wiring for the clone closet and the veg closet and she's done.
But the girls are already in and growing and have been for over a week now. They seem to like it.In a barn grow I always hang insect netting and I still have to get that up yet. But withalmost 200 square feet of flowering space plus 16 ft ceilings I'm considering growing some old school landrace panamas, columbians or brazilians and I'm looking at some asian landrace varieties. I'm thinking a cross between the sativas then cross with a chitral kush or morrocan. I've always thought it would be neat to have a 7 continent cross. You know an Uptheholler Seed Company 'Trip Around The World In A Bag' variety. It would go along with my 'Crop Circle Kush' idea! Ha!

Hey UTH my friend, I think that you should include a package of "Uptheholler Seed Company 'Trip Around The World In A Bag' variety" with every book. You know, the one that we all want you to write. :thumb:

Hey UTH my friend, I think that you should include a package of "Uptheholler Seed Company 'Trip Around The World In A Bag' variety" with every book. You know, the one that we all want you to write. :thumb:

Hey Colorado! Thanks for the pat on the old back there.I do write a ton and have literally hundreds of stories that I have come up with over the last 30 years. I'll try to share another one sometime this week. I thnk thats a great idea about the seeds! Why hasn't someone come up with that already? It's a natural. It's like my idea to be the worlds first standup textmedian. I'll just sit on a stool on stage and get the cell phone number of every one in the audience and just text them my bit! They can even heckle me, ( in the business we call those people "Textlers"!) I can already see their little faces all lit up as they read their screens and burst out laughing!

Hey Dadums it's amazing what you can come up with! Good Ol' American Ingenuity!
thanks
I had 2 racks and a mother then everything flowered on me. Put everything on 12/12 and started from seeds.
I just love learning from mistakes. This strain is touchy, but I love it. First grow was from a clone and she went hermie giving me tons of feminized seeds. 4 years later still popping out girls. I'm adding a pipe tap to the rack because taking the plug out isn't easy. When I get a mother big enough I'll probably Journal the star of my perpetual grow.

Someone asked about growing a companion plant. Have grown Marigolds, along with my girls, in my grow room. Room inside is 7' x 7' x 7'. Helped with the odor. Never had bugs, with or without them. Supposed to help repel bugs though.

:ciao:

I now have C.R.A.M.P. (Companions to Reduce Aphids - Marigold Plants) - Working well so far :thumb:

:thanks: Yooper Rex :high-five:

DSCN98691.JPG

Marigolds are supposed to repel bugs but to me when you crush up marigold blossoms it always reminds me of the smell of the big pickles of balck hash that we used to get back in the 70's. Smells very similar

The smell of the marigolds seems to compliment the cannabis perfectly :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom