The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

What's up at the Mountain today ?? We revegging ?? As the Old Farts from the O.F.C. know I run a SOG rotation-- ideally to revegg I would cut the plant back but don't strip it completely -- put it under light 24/7 for 3 days or so -- within a week or so the plant will begin to put out new leaves -- let it get nice and healthy again --- when ready cut the lights and run that lady through bloom again !! Running a SOG rotation set up to run on clones these revegges have been a plus !! At harvest I take the whole box lid of plants and stick them back in veg. Which runs at 18/6-- light /dark-- I can afford to lose a few but most seem to revert back to veg. with no special treatment !!-- if I lose a couple I stick a couple clones in thier holes and continue to march !! I clone from clones without keeping mothers!! I just make sure I have a clone of each line in veg. Trying on of these new 7 band U.F.O LEDs --White Widow SOG Aero under LEDs-- nothing but net !!

keef,
Thanks for the answer there ol` friend. Don`t sound too hard, just ain`t done it before. Sounds about like I thought it would go. Not gonna be ready to try it for another 5, 6, 7 weeks yet. Good to know.

Yoop - on my last cycle I put the Widow in the dark for a week before harvest -- breeder Shantibaba says 2-- they started dying by end of first week -- nothing would reveg! Still working out finish time but she do the trick-- and I still don't think I've seen her at her best !! Clone lines coming up on the end of thier first year and going strong !! Working with the clone lines gives U a chance to start over if U mess something up and experiment without losing a plant line! Zero in on letting the plant be the best it can be !!

keef,
Good to know. Will do the dark thing for 2 or 3 days, wanna reveg my girls this time.

hmmmmm this is something great to know I didn't think this would be healthy for the genetics but due to the age of the plants they are set in stone until you make a cutting..... I have a few plants that I can never get back as one is a strain from a friend who has moved away and it was his own deal called black cherry soda shoulda called it big barny lol , anywho they got mites mid flower now they are outside and continuing to flower in spring as I knew they would what I want to know is if I chop them down get them bug free and put them in 24 they will re vegg???

Kilo - I use an aero cloner -- don't know what grow system U use -- If it was me !!-- I'd chop that plant back get rid of the bugs -- fill my cloner up with cuttings (I got a 25 spot cloner) put momma and babies under light for a couple days to revert them to veg state -- then do as U will with them !! Except instead of having a plant-- U got a shit load of plants !! How many do U want ?? I pulled that same outside move with a male and a little girl this spring -- the plants don't know they go from 18 hours of light to 12 they flower!! Good Luck !!

hey thanks keef and I have an ez clone 60 so this was the exact reason I ask. Before my friend moved he would just give me cuttings of his strain's and I would do the same with mine but once he left I realized the only one I had left was already in flower and I love this particular strain. then my next question even tho it is not relative to the subject at hand would you cross northern light with any of these

(blk chry soda) purple erkle.X.cherry pie

(True) Mendocino purple

harlequin

girl scout cookie

(my strain /stabilized) ak-pd apple kush X purple D

Kilo - I grow the White Widow - Why cross something that may already availiable-- Cross for a reason or buy seed from breeders who have already done the work!! Got to decide if U a breeder or a grower ? If U a breeder U have to have a goal not just random breeding -- U wanna grow something extraordinary-- cough up $ 1,000 per seed for geneticly engineered weed like U.B.C.'s -- Indica 50-- $2,000 each for "Forever Bud"--

I am a wanabee breeder and am working up to doing exactly what you said however I have researched the NL many times and cannot find any crosses with it that I would use as most are auto or haze this is why I want to cross it to create something that has not before so I am crossing for a reason not to mention cuttings and seeds are hard to get in my area and I need seed from these plants I have the availability to just pollinate with males of the same strain but had so many NL I figured y not try and cross it with something but if you feel this is a waste of time I guess ill just regular pollinate for regular seed yes?

Hey Yoop! I've always wanted to try to figure whuch is a quicker flip and second harvest comparisons on reveg. Alot to be learned here

Mornin to the Mountain -- Yo Kilo wasn't trying to Give U a hard time-- If U have a Northern Lights male collect pollen in the fall whether U breed it to something or not !! I certainly understand about lack of quality !! Northern Lights is used in lots of crosses- if I remember right White Rhino is a White Widow Northern Lights cross ! Dadums U doing a perpetual grow ? Yo Holler that question about harvest and flip back with a reveg. May depend on grow style! It works for me because I started like Dadums described clone 2 months rooting then straight to bloom-- I started revegging because I hated wasting those beautiful roots! 2 months recovering in veg. Then do it again !

We're gonna have to get the Hippie to come over and keep the Mountain posted -- he has Black Veitnamese / Northern Lights cross he calls Black Lights he is treating a cutting to get it to switch sexes so he can breed it to itself and produce feminized seed !! One of many experiments going on over in the O.F.C. lab !! Don't let them old Farts fool U they know more about weed than weed knows !! SOGs Scrogs,L.S.T. , stuff I.still struggle to grasp !!

AH ha finally some definitive answers this is why I have been asking this everywhere I knew someone had to be doing it and had to have been done long ago just could not find any real useful info sadly this has been the most helpful and still kind of vague. However I do thank you @justkeef this has been very helpful I think I will try and cross it with the mendo just for purple NL sake and see if I cant get it stabilized but I also am saveing a lot of my pollin this year from a few NL and a mendo and an gsc any tips on collecting or storing I currently cut them down hang them above a sterilized pyrex dish then air seal them in food bag put in fridge in my dehumi box is this a good way to store it I had success two years ago with mendo this way but not sure if it coulda lasted longer than it did 1 1/2 yr before it turned color?

Kilo - I collect pollen in a paper bag tied around the flowering male tops!-- we have high winds and that knocks the pollen and males flowers off -- keep the bag bottom down when removing or the pollen will spill out ! I store it in a test tube with a piece of cotton to keep it dry ! Stored in the freezer-- it should last atleast a.year !! I'm still learning this jar aged drying technique !! Sounds tasty !!-- another thing I've learned over there -- herbal extraction bags -- ie: HASH BAGs !! Three scary words--- WHITE WIDOW HASH !!

Dadums I understand limited space my " Veg./ Nursery" is 40 inch by 40 inches-- 2-20x30 inch boxes and my bloom room is huge -- 70 inches by 44 inches-- I've got 4 boxes crammed in right now -- the revegges were over flowing and needed more room -- usually keep it in veg. But things got entirely out of control !! My boxes are just storage boxes with recessed lid with checkerboard pattern on top -- I glue an ECO396 Submersible pump to a ceramic floor tile to stablize it-- The checherboard pattern has 35 squares I drill everyother one with 2" hole saw! 17 plus one for air hose and pump cord !! Complete grow system minus light for about $35-40 including 2"cups and foam collars !! I send a box to bloom on every 1. st of the month !! Takes along time to get the wheel turning but worth every minute !!

Just got my extraction bags last week, 5 bag set. 25, 73, 90, 160, 220 mesh count, made in Germany. Gotta figure out how to use `em, so when I get some trimmings I can. No directions.

So can someone explain to me what the process of this harvest then revegg is. I refer to step by step mostly at the harvesting point
do you leave lil pop corns on to revegg before you flower cuz I lollipop and don't see much to leave behind for revegging or by some miraculous act of god dose it just grow new sprouts from the nodes you leave behind im just a lil confused as this is a strange concept to me but feel it could be worth it in the end

Back
Top Bottom