The scientist part of Me is coming out. HydroDoc is now growing.

hydrodoc

Hello, so I thought I’d introduce myself. I am a transplant from Cali, won’t say where I am right now…..maybe later. I am in my 60’s, and I have advanced degrees in Science and Business. I started growing outside in 1970, but seeds were the main event, as we did not understand the science of sensimilla then; somebody did, just not me. I grew them with tomato plants.

Fast forward. As I am getting closer to retirement, and the laws are easing up a bit I thought I’d take the plunge and ordered my hydro supplies in november 2014. I started seeds from vancouver seed company.
I prefer Sativa highs, as I can still function. I like the occasional Indica for the evening pleasures and just chillin.

My first batch of seeds did not do well as I let them dry out (went away to a conference, housesitter forgot). MY second batch, I just started in rockwool in the hydroton balls in a continuous ebb and flow system and I have not looked back (nutes pumped into the bottom, gravity drain out the top).

Even though I read a lot, the learning curve is steep. I considered using Jacks formulas and put stuff together myself, but went with Advanced Nutrients for my first grow and I think it was a good decision.
We built a ‘special’ room in the corner of my basement and incorporated inlet and outlet ducting and fans that are capable of moving 500 cfm of air at the highest setting, and since the room is 5ftx6x8, it should have been sufficient.

The lights I am using (728W x 3), while they are cooler than HPS, still warm up a place and at first I added a stainless steel ‘wort’ chiller, but the ambient temps still climbed. I then added a new shelf and Soleus 8000 btu portable A/C unit that is vented via 6” ducted to the outside. That has done the trick. The problem is that my Titan controlled CO2 system had to be shut down, for now. I now have timers that can run 20 separate programs a day and I plan to alternate between the A/C unit and the CO2 unit. When I take the time to do it.

I started with ~15 plants and removed the Males and a couple of females until I had a full room and still have space to work in the room with the door closed.

There is 1 Sativa Diablo, 2 Black Velvets, 1 Deep Purple and an unknown (long story). I have about a dozen clones from the deep purple and Sativa girls. They have fantastic roots, using an aeroponic system.
I am about 3-4 weeks away from harvest, I think and I am very happy with the tremendous growth spurt that occurred in the last 2 weeks, with many colas forming.

I currently have standalone CO2, RH, Air Temp, Reservoir Temp, PPM, pH sensors.

My next upgrade is the installation of multiple temp. probes, RH probe, Co2, TDS, pH from VERNIER Vernier Software & Technology which will be laptop based. This will allow for continuous monitoring and graph logging to help me precisely control the room. I will also be monitoring several of the buckets at various locations to see if there are any temp differences, and to maintain root temperature and not just reservoir temperature.
I recently posted some photos in my first grow Journal, under hydroDoc. When I get if figured out, I will place a link under my signature.
Thanks to 420 forum. Your guys all rock and I could not be at this place without the information here.

HydroDoc Grow - Deep Purple - Sativa Diablo - Black Velvet - Hydro - LED - AN Nutes

:welcome: hydrodoc to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Welcome looks like you got a good start on things check out bateos links and ultradans videos to set up your signanature. Glad ya joined.

That grow room sounds awesome I can only dream of anything that nice right now but who knows what the future holds.

Back
Top Bottom