The Seattle Cheebahawk Nest - 6000W Sealed Room

Sounds like Deadhead OG is up my alley. I love the lemon taste and the fuel odor. When we cut down the OG #18 we grew with our Headband I horded it. Too bad I didn't save a few cuts before we popped it. Great work man, BlueDream never disappoints me I cant imagine it mixed with a stable OG Kush. I'll be lurking.

Yeah the deadhead is awesome. This will be the first indoor I've seen or smoked. And blue dream... What a shame no one wants it. Silly name games it seems. A heavy yielder, ridiculously easy growing, cake to trim, could practically pee in the water and it wouldn't blink an eye. The high is amazing also, not too Stoney. Oh well... Thanks for the comment!!

Well tiny update tonight.
The trellis is done finally.
Basic 1/2 inch PVC is used with legs. Two sets of legs were made. One short set and a taller set 12" tallera which will replace the shorties after the flower stretch is done.

Also started weekly been oil applications as a preventative. Can't be too careful. I also bumped the nutrient levels up to 8ml/ gal for base and 4ml gal for b52 and voodoo juice. There was a bit of twisting in the leaves which is weird for advanced I have not seen it before. As the dosage was not full strength I am wondering if the lack of perfect ph nutrients (not being full strength) wasn't letting the chelation occur properly. Well see!

image9777.jpg

The bucket is to add a little extra rh. Was a little low today at 45%

Hey everyone! Small update for tonight...
Everything is going right along. Just bending under the net more and more every day.

There was one hiccup which I followed trough with advanced nutrients, and found out some useful information.
I began to get some of what looked like a deficiency. Only in the deadhead however. And actually was a multitude of deficiencies, including leaf twisting which is a sure sign of a ph problem. Which is odd with the perfect ph and I have never seen any problems like this when using an before.
It began as what looked like a ca or mg deficiency but with the leaf twist I knew it was something more.. I checked the runoff and it came out perfect at 5.9 which brought me to the conclusion of a lockout. With the plants only being in 3 gal pots for 4-5 days I thought it was odd. I called AN tech support and they gave me some useful info.

I was watering daily however I was trying to conserve nutes slightly and water early in veg because I have seen problems early on with overwatering, even in coco. If the roots are too small they can't suck enough water up and watering repeatedly while roots are small can begin to drown them.

This was the problem.

The guy at AN said typically coco has a very high sodium content and if not watered heavily in initial transplant and after to wash all the sodium out it can begin stacking salts from your nutrients leading to a mess of problems. This is what got me because the runoff was reading perfect.

He suggested a water, not a flush, at 5.8 water simply to loosen the salts up. Which made the deficiency signs a little worse but then to increase the amount of water passing through the plants.
This was 3 days ago and since then have noticed a ridiculous turn around.
Again the deadhead are the only ones really effected...

Here's a problem plant. Anyone looking for a ph lockout here's what it can look like.
image9874.jpg

And here's the night terror. Looking awesome and blasting.
image9873.jpg
image9872.jpg

And the group
image9871.jpg

Thanks for the comments and hope everyone is having an amazing night!!

Evening cyberspace!
Another update for tonight.

The deadheads are definitely getting better..
I did quite a bit of searching online to try and get to the bottom of what was going on with them. Some of the leaves appeared heat stressed even though the night terrors weren't at all, and the temps were never above 80.
As time went on they started showing other signs of deficiencies. As I have never fed above half strength I could see a potential for an issue. After checking the runout ph a week prior and that was perfect I knew ph was not the issue. After deciding that deficiency was a very likely culprit, the nutes were increased to 75%. Three days later the color is coming back into them, the tacoing is flattening, and a noticeable increase in growth, I think they are back on track.

This is the first time I have attempted even more than one strain in a room, and it's a reminder of how much each strain likes it's own environment and feeding schedules.

Anyway besides those pesky deadhead plants things are blasting and working great.
I've been doing a weekly spray with been oil as a preventative as well as repositioning and bending under the trellis.
It is basically full with only 5-10 squares with only a little top poking through or empty.
They will go to 12/12 tomorrow night!!
I will give them a week without any bending under the net and then will swap legs and raise the trellis 12". Over that week I will refill the net as they grow and on day 14 the trim up begins.

Anyway here are some pictures!

image9972.jpg
image9973.jpg
image9974.jpg
image9976.jpg
image9977.jpg

Goodnight everyone!

How's it going everybody? I have to apologize for my lack of updates over the past week or so! It's late but a small update at least is in order.
The ladies are all flowering! They were flipped on the 7th, so today is day 4.

The deadheads are back on track big time and are shooting for the moon. Whatever ailment it was, my conclusion being a simple mg deficiency that was hiding behind what looked like heat stress.
Advanced is some pretty wild stuff. I'm going to do an update of my thoughts on vegging with the stuff.

Stems are getting nice and fat and some of the fan leaves are several inches bigger than my hand.
The trellis was raised to 21 inches from 12 as well. It was at 26 but lowered after not being happy with the height. It was just too tall. With the stem structure the way it is after heavy training I want to maintain the flat shape throughout the stretch. I will raise it once more when I do the trim up.

Anyway here's some pictures from a couple of days ago.

image10178.jpg
image10179.jpg
image10181.jpg
image10180.jpg

Hello Farnorth,
Came to visit your garden and catch up.
The girls are looking awesome and they grew so much in short time! :bravo:

Would love to try Blue Dream one day and already looked for seeds and more info on the strain.

Did you use a AN product to balance the mag deficiency or other brand?

My Best Regards
:green_heart:

Hello Farnorth,
Came to visit your garden and catch up.
The girls are looking awesome and they grew so much in short time! :bravo:

Would love to try Blue Dream one day and already looked for seeds and more info on the strain.

Did you use a AN product to balance the mag deficiency or other brand?

My Best Regards
:green_heart:
Thanks for stopping by again!
Blue dream is a really amazing strain to grow and a pleasure to smoke.
I have done 5 rounds prior with straight blue dream prior to this and am looking forward to what a splash of oG will bring.
It's a very fast flower time, with average cut time around 8 1/2-9 1/2 weeks. It is the most resistant strain to pretty much everything I've ever seen. Plants right next to others with pm or thrips and nothing, not a big or a dot of pm. It also seems to not matter at all what you feed it. Literally. If you peed in the water before you fed them it might cut your harvest weight by 10% HA!!
But seriously it can take 1400ppm+ no problem yet doesn't ever get deficient when feeding half strength to accommodate OG feeding schedules. Massive weight as well, very chunky dense buds with the most distinct nubs that form at the end of flowering. Similar to fix tails except part of any phone over ever grown.
Yada yada I could go on and on and I didn't even get to the smoke yet. By far my favorite strain to grow, smoke, or trim.

As for the mg issues. I used an products.
After I talked to tech support 2 weeks prior. ( if his recommendation did not work I would feel as if the scam hype is real about an, but oh did it work). The guy john told me that my issue was I was not feeding enough volume of water through the pot which began to cause a salt buildup leading to a lockout. Even though the ph perfect stabalizes ph in the water and medium, salts can still build up crating lockout problems the same as a ph formed lockout. He told me to increase the water through the pots and to increase the strength of nutrients. I was only feeding 1/2 strength. By increasing volume of water through the pot you continuously flush excess salts out of the medium and replenish them with new nutrients.
This is where things get crazy. This is about two weeks since the they looked the worse and something has happened I have never seen until now. The leaves that are having nutrient problems, from my experience, do not ever come back to full health. They tend to stay in the same shape with the necrotic spots or chlorosis for the remainder until the leaf is pulled or until harvest. Often times even citrine to degrade until the leaf falls off even if the rest of the plant is back in track. However they did the opposite. Even any ca rust spots have repaired themselves and returned green. Seriously it almost appears as though nothing has happened to them.
I will take photos tonight to show.

However, this does bring up what I wanted to talk about with advanced nutrients after I've completed my first veg cycle using their products.
Personally I have never been a big supporter of automated systems. Dwc, ebb and flow, flood, even drop emitters for coco and irrigation lines, and here is why.
What you can in convenience you lack in control. And that "extra time" you gain to work in your garden by having an automated system, is only going to pile up 10 fold if you have an issue with your equipment down the line. Example being if your pumps fail drying your plant out too much or something clogs and you don't realize it, now you are left with more work fixing a plant that was healthy to begin with.
This goes for NUTRIENtS too.
With advanced everything is laid out for you and you need to follow it and have faith it will work. Except their nutrients don't come with a user manual and the technology is much more difficult tonunderstand.
Using a normal nutrient regime, you can increase certain parts of your nutrients while decreasing others to maintain ppm, change the ph if needed, add other products if lacking, calmag, nitrogen boost, etc giving you more control. With my previous cocktail Of nutrients in coco I would always go at least full strength in cal mag and half strength in everything else.
With advanced this is not an option: for veg ( using the ph perfect sensi line) there is a 2 part base and two additives. One a beneficial bacteria for roots and the other a B vitamin supplement. The base is just your basic micro and macro set up except sensi coco line has added calmag to the bottle. What if you are having a problem with your calmag? You have to increase not only your part B which will also increase other micro nutrients as well, but you have to increase your macro also because parts a+b have to be equal for the ph perfect tech to work.
After finally getting strengths up to full strength the plants are thriving and growing faster than any round to date. Blasting. Maybe it's just some taking getting used to to actually trust the company and follow their step even with something I would never do with any other line- feeding full recommended strength. Which brigs up the other side of the cost. Which is expensive. This is not a line to use if you want to try and conserve nutrients.

The deadhead og were the problem plants and og are finicky anyway. The nightterror however takes the blue dream resilience and have been doing great all along.

It's funny because even with the problems the plants are growing like monsters and would have almost certainly halted with another line.

Well a decent sized photo update for tonight!
But first I forgot to say what I'm adding for bloom nutes currently. I am missing two pieces to the puzzle for the first two weeks hopefully the local shop will get them in soon.
A 20 gal resi also
300ml a+b
140 ml bud candy
140ml rhino skin
140ml bud factor x
140ml bud ignitor
140ml sensizym

After the morning of the 5th day flowering
image10214.jpg
image10215.jpg

The stems are huge as well as the stem structure is insane. Also the leaves are getting to be larger than my hand.
image10219.jpg

image10218.jpg

Here is the new dehumidifier
A frigidaire 70 pint/day
image10211.jpg

The once stressed deadheads almost made a full recovery still some leaf misshape
image10216.jpg
image10217.jpg

And the canopy. Keeping an even canopy on a scrog
Is in my opinion extremely key.
image10220.jpg

And the whole garden
image10213.jpg
image10212.jpg

Hi Farnorth,
Sorry for my late response, yesterday I think the site had problems as after some time of being here I couldn´t access anything except the front page.
Thank you for sharing your experience of Blue Dream, I subscribed to a couple journals here that include the strain and yeah beautiful nugs! I´m fascinated by the blue/purple strains but my only reticence in going for Blue Dream is it´s Sativa dominance. I´m more into Indica dominant strains cause I tend to get paranoid and anxious with Sativas. I think you picked an excellent cross for that matter, I bet the OG splash might lend it a stronger body stone.

"Literally. If you peed in the water before you fed them it might cut your harvest weight by 10% HA!!" :rofl:
Well, urine is known for being a good source of N, the issue is the other "additives" it might have :)

I have no experience with AD but I´ve seen some successful grows with them so I don´t think they´re hype. I thought that once they have so many different products they would also cover the cal/mag needs and that´s why I asked.

"They tend to stay in the same shape with the necrotic spots or chlorosis for the remainder until the leaf is pulled or until harvest. Often times even citrine to degrade until the leaf falls off even if the rest of the plant is back in track. However they did the opposite."

That´s really unusual & amazing! :thumb:

Will follow along.

Greenest Regards

:circle-of-love:

Hi Farnorth,
Sorry for my late response, yesterday I think the site had problems as after some time of being here I couldn´t access anything except the front page.
Thank you for sharing your experience of Blue Dream, I subscribed to a couple journals here that include the strain and yeah beautiful nugs! I´m fascinated by the blue/purple strains but my only reticence in going for Blue Dream is it´s Sativa dominance. I´m more into Indica dominant strains cause I tend to get paranoid and anxious with Sativas. I think you picked an excellent cross for that matter, I bet the OG splash might lend it a stronger body stone.

"Literally. If you peed in the water before you fed them it might cut your harvest weight by 10% HA!!" :rofl:
Well, urine is known for being a good source of N, the issue is the other "additives" it might have :)

I have no experience with AD but I´ve seen some successful grows with them so I don´t think they´re hype. I thought that once they have so many different products they would also cover the cal/mag needs and that´s why I asked.

"They tend to stay in the same shape with the necrotic spots or chlorosis for the remainder until the leaf is pulled or until harvest. Often times even citrine to degrade until the leaf falls off even if the rest of the plant is back in track. However they did the opposite."

That´s really unusual & amazing! :thumb:

Will follow along.

Greenest Regards

Yes the blue dream is truly a pleasure. It's sad it got so flooded in California. I am more a sativa guy myself so the high is quite enjoyable. And especially for such a sati a dominant strain the flower time is surprisingly short. Could be the pheno that is in the area as well. I have never seen a strain hold up to so much cloning and re-mothering.
An example is strawberry diesel. It was huge out here for a long time and for good reason. Was a fast heavy diesel strain with a nice fruity taste and smell. However after it was cloned out, restarted, cloned more grown out and repeated, it began to drastically crash. Now finding good strawberry diesel is nearly impossible.

A within reasonable timeframe, a more traditional route is going to be taken, with my garden being filled with original strains. Not OG kushes but the original. Skunk #1 white widow northern lights etc. It's funny what a trendy world marijuana is. Everyone wants the newest hottest strain. Why can't we go back to the original tried and true strains?!??

As far as the AN goes. I believe they do have a calmag additive on the market however it is not usable with ph perfect line. They add a lot of calmag into their base, and even a flower additive big bug with their new formula being coco based with even more camg. The way to go with them is simply actually to follow their regime strengths.
I love the stuff for flower. But am not sold on the veg side. However the plants tell a different story. I would be excited to try veg again with full strength the entire time.

Anyway thanks for stopping by. I need to make my rounds to everyone's grows and will soon.
If you have any requests for pictures or anything let me know!!

subbed farnorth. absolutely mental build man, lol! plants look like they've won the lottery. and i feel you about the strains, but i was reading up somewhere that it would take so many cross breeding again before we would even remotely get pure strains again.

Thanks momomonster!!
Was a nice project. In my opinion when growing in a rental home the less you do to the house itself the better: including even screwing into the walls. So this is a nice alternative. You can build the shape you want with a full seal opposed to using the grow tents. The canopy of this room is 100sq feet. Same as a 10x10 tent however the added length and narrowed width makes it possible to fit an extra two lights!

But the sealing is the biggest benefit. Caulking the seams and the. Foam spraying them makes it a full seal. Finally emptied the first co2 tank. It lasted 4 weeks and 4 days maintaining a 1500ppm reading. Loco.

Good night Farnorth,
The Blue Dream seeds I was thinking of are from Humboldt Seed Org. I also thought that 63 days flowering is very fast for a Sativa dominant. Never tried Strawberry Diesel too, but I do love fruity & sweet stuff.
I guess that´s what happens with too much cloning, after some rounds/generations hybrids loose their initial power.

I hear ya on the trendy mj world in US, it kinda follows the actual speed loving culture. In my part of the world you don´t notice the trendy pattern so much. It´s very different here, we don´t even have dispensaries or medical cards! (that´s why you see the "legalize it" in my signature).

Skunk#1 and regular Skunk from Sensi seeds is what I had in my previous 2 rounds. They turned out very robust, really smelly and the smoke was a well balanced stone/high - it didn´t put me anxious at all. I wasn´t very lucky with the regular seeds, had a high male racio. Currently, I´m also running a WW auto from Royal Queen Seeds. I want to learn more about autos and I would like to have some smoke not as much couchlock. So yeah, i´m also in favour of "old school" strains but will def. run some type of Blueberry cross in my next grow. Just for the fun of it and trying out new things that I´ve never tried before.

About AD: "They add a lot of calmag into their base" - that´s what I though.
Can´t add much, but i think that if you´re not sold to them yet keep looking around/trying untill you find what works best for you.

No need to thank Sir, my pleasure :passitleft:

As for now, I have no special requests but will surely check your new pic/updates whenever you have them.

:peace:

Hey everybody! Time for another update.
First I have to apologize for the photo quality. I left
My lense at a friends house so wasn't able to use it for tonight's photos!!
Either way there are some photos for you guys!!

To tugafox. As far as the me not being sold on AN yet. As far as flowering goes I'm totally sold On it just maybe not the veg yet.
Before I used a cocktail of botonicare, general hydro, cutting edge, and house and garden. Definitely sold
On this stuff. I just had never run aN before on veg so wanted to see how it fared. If I was ever to stop using advanced I would go back to my old regime. I think I listed it early in the journal, if not I will repost it!

But not that flower is here I really see the advantage to advanced nutrients.
They are day 14 flower today. About to switch up feeding for the third time now. Again advanced doesn't change up strengths ever throughout their schedule but they do switch up products week by week.
They are around 1200ppm which is slightly under full strength. Like 60ml for my whole resi under.
Flowered are starting to show with noticeable changed every day. The stretch seems to last a little longer when using advanced, BUT that doesn't mean they wait to flower. So far they have stretched about 18 inches. One inch under double their height pre flower.
I raised the net on day 8. And will again once more at day 21.
Last night the trim up began. This is something that I find extremely important if weight is one of your concerns with final harvest.
Actually if a harvest PERIOD is one of your concerns this can be a huggggeeee help.

I am rather ruthless with my trim up however, with the way I train the plants before flipping it may not be quite as ruthless as it seems.
By lst from a very young age the plants lower branches really develop into full healthy, beneficial branches, when trained correctly: by doing this, once trim up time comes instead of hacking away entire branches the focus relies more on nose growth. Also by doing the trim later toward the end of stretch it gives you a very solid idea to what to trim up and what not to trim up. The entire canopy is full by this point so it's rather simple. Anything below the net goes. No exception. With the only rule
Being if the top of a branch ends below the net it goes: if
It doesn't every node until the net goes. Simple.

Bud doing a very thorough trim up it also allows pots to breathe better. Gives any potential mold and bugs a lot harder challenge to find places to hide. Lowers rh as well as let's more air circulation trough the room. Again all important things and in my opinion one of if not THE MOsT important thing from day 1 flower to harvest.
This tool my gf and I about 4-5 hours to finish.
A really important step to make sure of after a trim up is to spray.
Take this time to give the underside and the branches a very. Wry thorough spray with neem oil. The new exposed branches and leaves can get a nice spray as the window for any Foliar/sprays is coming to close. And as you work on every plant individually spraying each plant as you go gives a sure fire way to cover every surface:
Anyway. Here are the photos!!!!
image10438.jpg
image10437.jpg
image10432.jpg
image10436.jpg
image10429.jpg
image10431.jpg
image10439.jpg
image10440.jpg
image10441.jpg
image10430.jpg

Enjoy!!!!

Great update farnorth.

How often do you spray with neem oil?

Your plants are looking really good. You will have a solid harvest for sure! :)

Hey guys! Well things are goin. Day 21 of flower.
Things are going good and buds are popping
Except a very weird thing happened. Literally overnight.

Anyway literally overnight signs of what looks to be a mix of several issues heat stress/light burn/ nutrient deficiency and more yet parts of all these contradict each other or facts of one don't quite match up properly.
Anyway check out this thread I just started to try and find help.

Rust spots and a tricky question: Lots of pictures and info

Back
Top Bottom