TheNarrator Learns to Grow - Multi-Strain - LED

Thanks, but all good, was a very logical assumption, don't stress! :)

The 8 nights of restless sleeping were a bit of a pain but other than that I found it surprisingly easy.

It's absolutely a choice, I've gone a couple days here and there and other than increased crazy dreams I hardly noticed. I'm talking CRAZY dreams, like the wake up in the morning and can't help but laugh WTF-was-that type.

But I prefer not to deprive myself of much, and pot is no different.

Anyway, welcome back man, your absence was felt.

So Pineapple Chunk 1 was trimmed first, got a nice surprise when I realised almost all of the fan leaves past halfway up the plant were covered in trichomes! Due to this I trimmed a lot more conservatively then 2 Fast 2 Vast, removing the dead dried out fan leaves and anything which didn't have trichomes first, then collecting the fan leaves with trichomes with to do something with which I haven't decided yet, probably cooking. The sugar leaves I left largely intact this time. The difference between my two PC phenos has never been more obvious and as the lankier of the two PC1 hasn't produced a huge yield but still looks to be slightly more then 2F2V and the buds are frostier.

It's absolutely a choice, I've gone a couple days here and there and other than increased crazy dreams I hardly noticed. I'm talking CRAZY dreams, like the wake up in the morning and can't help but laugh WTF-was-that type.

But I prefer not to deprive myself of much, and pot is no different.

Anyway, welcome back man, your absence was felt.

The dreams are intense! The ones I have are so much longer and more detailed then any other dream I have, I often find myself wishing I could replay or re-live them once I wake up.

Agree with you 100%, why deprive yourself of something that you love.

Glad to be back with you guys :)

The leaves are sugered ,but that bud looks undeveloped like it could gone 3-4 more weeks. I think photo's are best run 12-14 weeks I've never had one done in 60 days like they say it's all ways like 13-14 weeks before there fully done some strains take 16 weeks for sativa true sativa.

I think you are right nuggs, especially with PC1s pheno and everything I have read about the strain. Unfortunately they were so dried out when I got back that I decided they were past the point of reviving the plant to continue bud development and salvaged what was there. PC2 (the more indica dominant pheno) probably could have gone a little longer as well but had some much larger colas. Bit disappointing to end my first grow like that and will definitely fall short of the .5g/Watt I was somewhat hoping for but on the plus side I will still have enough to last me for months!

So I accidentally made a double post but figured I would convert it into Pineapple Chunk 2's harvest post. Buds still a little underdeveloped than what I was hoping for but trichomes are all cloudy on this one at least. Definitely the most weight out of any of my plants so far. There were a couple of 40C+ days while I was away which were not kind to the girls without me on hand to look out for them.

PC1 up top, PC2 down below.

Some of the trim

So an overall underwhelming way to end my first grow however I still feel a sense of achievement and if the Pineapple Chunk buds are at least similar in quality to 2 fast 2 vast then I will be happy.

Once the PCs are dried I will give the tent a thorough clean out and prepare to go again, I think I will go two plants this time and add some CFLs to the setup to help with getting some more density into the buds (aiming for some RTK style colas :) ) One of the plants will be Amnezia by VIP seeds, the other I'm tossing up between another Pineapple Chunk in the hopes of letting it reach its full potential or one of the freebies from Herbies (Delicious Cheese Candy or Samsara Holy Grail 69, both feminized.

... There were a couple of 40C+ days while I was away which were not kind to the girls without me on hand to look out for them.

So an overall underwhelming way to end my first grow however I still feel a sense of achievement and if the Pineapple Chunk buds are at least similar in quality to 2 fast 2 vast then I will be happy.

If ya got enough to get you through the next grow, you're in the black my friend. Least it's not some mystery what was the major impacting factor, right?

Once the PCs are dried I will give the tent a thorough clean out and prepare to go again, I think I will go two plants this time and add some CFLs to the setup to help with getting some more density into the buds (aiming for some RTK style colas :) ) One of the plants will be Amnezia by VIP seeds, the other I'm tossing up between another Pineapple Chunk in the hopes of letting it reach its full potential or one of the freebies from Herbies (Delicious Cheese Candy or Samsara Holy Grail 69, both feminized.

Looks like a solid plan and great genetics. The major advantage I had was a competent co-grower in Jaybiz, so neither of us had to leave them completely alone.

A near complete lack of a social life helped as well, that and this wonderful forum and it's incredible members of course. :)

If ya got enough to get you through the next grow, you're in the black my friend. Least it's not some mystery what was the major impacting factor, right?

Looks like a solid plan and great genetics. The major advantage I had was a competent co-grower in Jaybiz, so neither of us had to leave them completely alone.

A near complete lack of a social life helped as well, that and this wonderful forum and it's incredible members of course. :)

Thanks for the kind words RTK, you are right as usual, no mysteries around this one. I'm happy to have completed a grow :)

I found a couple of journals just before by more experienced growers who produced similar results with Pineapple Chunk with same veg time under higher wattage so that eased my mind considerably.

Yeah you guys sure make a good team, will definitely be looking to find a grow partner at some point. I would have been clueless for the majority of my grow without this forum even though I only signed up halfway through proceedings, it has saved me many times. Dude, you've got a rocking social life hanging out with all those beautiful ladies in your tent!

Ya arteekay right if you got enough to last you till your next grow and it's fire genetics your good .wish I could put one of my tents up with my lights ,but I don't have any room .I had chop grapefruit auto 12days to soon but it's still good smoke .it's going last till I get my current grow done .than I will have that till my knew plants are done. so the more we grow for are selves the more experience we get and it will show in the grow we do.can't wait to see your next grow what strain on your list ?

Ya arteekay right if you got enough to last you till your next grow and it's fire genetics your good .wish I could put one of my tents up with my lights ,but I don't have any room .I had chop grapefruit auto 12days to soon but it's still good smoke .it's going last till I get my current grow done .than I will have that till my knew plants are done. so the more we grow for are selves the more experience we get and it will show in the grow we do.can't wait to see your next grow what strain on your list ?

Cheers man its still all so much better than what I was getting that I'm still super happy with how things panned out, onwards and upwards now! I hadn't noticed your other journal until just now somehow :smokin: gonna have a good read through it later on and get caught up

Next grow going to do 2 plants, one will be VIP seeds Amnezia, the other got to pick between Samsara Holy Grail 69, Delicious Cheese Candy or another Barney's Pineapple Chunk to try and get it to fatten up properly (all Fem). I also have 5 Afghan regular seeds however think I'd prefer to stick with feminized in this instance.

Does it have the pineapple smell or fruity smell?

It's very much in the 'hay' smell phase of drying at the moment however late in flower if the plant was slightly disturbed it would release the smell of pineapple lollies so I'm really hoping that will come back in during curing if I can nail it this time.

Dude grow that cheese candy next cheese is by far the best thi.g I've grown .It has the best high and best smell I've ever had mine was a dinafem and a buddah but that strain awesome. Ya I started girl scout cookie andy candyland right now waiting on my water chiller to get here .I won't get root rot again my water will be controlled to 68 degree now .after losing my grapefruit auto from high temperatures and rot root I saved up and bought the chiller .so hope these photos will be nice grow hope to see yours soon.

Dude grow that cheese candy next cheese is by far the best thi.g I've grown .It has the best high and best smell I've ever had mine was a dinafem and a buddah but that strain awesome. Ya I started girl scout cookie andy candyland right now waiting on my water chiller to get here .I won't get root rot again my water will be controlled to 68 degree now .after losing my grapefruit auto from high temperatures and rot root I saved up and bought the chiller .so hope these photos will be nice grow hope to see yours soon.

Can't go past that endorsement! Amnezia and Cheese Candy it is! Just got some new soil etc today so about to start the seeds off soaking :) Thats good to hear man, root rot seems like the pits.

It took about 3 weeks for the hey smell to disappear on my harvest smell and taste of smooth lime spice is what I ended up with very good smoke .The grapefruit really only has smell when im breaking it up spice funk smell not real fruity.My og smells like og funk very nice.The blue dream has a haze fruit smell to it.will see how it turns out.

Cool, thats what I'm hoping for but as the buds are a similar density to the 2 Fast 2 Vast I'm worried I might have let some of the bud go out of the curing range again, but will wait and see... Do you use hygrometers etc when you cure?

Harvest Report

So as I mentioned in my previous post, found it difficult to control the drying process once more, mainly due to the low density of the buds. I think I might have dried PC1 below the curing range but hoping PC2 is still there. Either way everything is in jars (C'mon massive pineapple flavor!) and round 2 will be kicking off shortly. From Pineapple Chunk 1 I jarred around 30g and Pineapple Chunk 2 was unsurprisingly heaviest at 50g (wish I had known about cloning better so I could have kept this fast growing pheno). Combined with 2 Fast 2 Vast which produced 20g or so that gives me a total of 100g from my first grow, about 1.5oz away from .5g/W but still more than happy with that result from 3 plants and the problems that they faced.

This will last me easily around 4-5months, more than recouping my investment and allowing time to easily complete another grow before my lease is up at this house.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that I got all my jars from a cheap odds and ends stores and I'm very skeptical about how airtight a seal the lid is forming with the jar. Going to order some of the 'Ball' Mason Jars asap, seems like thats the most cost effective way to get a decent seal.

Heres everything as it is right now, PC 2 in the big jar and PC 1 in the two smaller ones.

12633073_10153840297345365_1823471846_o.jpg

Great yield man I just dry it in my closet with circulated fan faceing away from it for 7-8 days then bag it in brown bag for remanding 4-5 days then I jar it up I keep it in the dark it helps save trichomes.then after I jar it I crack the lids on jars 3-4 times a day and let the bud sit out for few hours couple days at first till it's all dry and cured then leave the lids on about a week or two then start enjoying it with the sample here and there to test it out.I have the strawberry amnesia strain right now I want to crack that soon .Good choice of strains to start this knew grow.

Harvest Report

So as I mentioned in my previous post, found it difficult to control the drying process once more, mainly due to the low density of the buds. I think I might have dried PC1 below the curing range but hoping PC2 is still there. Either way everything is in jars (C'mon massive pineapple flavor!) and round 2 will be kicking off shortly. From Pineapple Chunk 1 I jarred around 30g and Pineapple Chunk 2 was unsurprisingly heaviest at 50g (wish I had known about cloning better so I could have kept this fast growing pheno). Combined with 2 Fast 2 Vast which produced 20g or so that gives me a total of 100g from my first grow, about 1.5oz away from .5g/W but still more than happy with that result from 3 plants and the problems that they faced.

This will last me easily around 4-5months, more than recouping my investment and allowing time to easily complete another grow before my lease is up at this house.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that I got all my jars from a cheap odds and ends stores and I'm very skeptical about how airtight a seal the lid is forming with the jar. Going to order some of the 'Ball' Mason Jars asap, seems like thats the most cost effective way to get a decent seal.

Heres everything as it is right now, PC 2 in the big jar and PC 1 in the two smaller ones.

:party:

Feels great right? Nothing makes me happier than going downstairs and giving my jars a slow spin. I'm nowhere near recouping my investment, and I'm a little worried I may never if I don't stop spending soon, so congratulations on showing restraint!

Awesome to have ya harvesting at the same time as us too.

Woohooot!

Great yield man I just dry it in my closet with circulated fan faceing away from it for 7-8 days then bag it in brown bag for remanding 4-5 days then I jar it up I keep it in the dark it helps save trichomes.then after I jar it I crack the lids on jars 3-4 times a day and let the bud sit out for few hours couple days at first till it's all dry and cured then leave the lids on about a week or two then start enjoying it with the sample here and there to test it out.I have the strawberry amnesia strain right now I want to crack that soon .Good choice of strains to start this knew grow.

Thanks for the run down of your process, still nailing down my method for drying and curing, I think the trim I dried from the Pineapple Chunk is smelling a little fruity so thats a good sign :)

:party:

Feels great right? Nothing makes me happier than going downstairs and giving my jars a slow spin. I'm nowhere near recouping my investment, and I'm a little worried I may never if I don't stop spending soon, so congratulations on showing restraint!

Awesome to have ya harvesting at the same time as us too.

Woohooot!

It's the best, nothing can ever be as nice as something you have grown yourself even if it isn't perfect. Well I only stopped spending because I ran out of money which was probably for the best :laughtwo: you guys are producing some amazing results on your first grow though, well worth a bigger investment in my mind.

Was thinking the same thing, gonna have to hurry my new ones along to catch up to your second grow :)

Back
Top Bottom