Third Times A Charm They Say

Hey Everyone!! Sorry about the absence again.

To be honest, the wife and I have been having some probs lately and I haven't been up for doing much but staying in my head the past week or so. I'm coming around though. Spirits are up and everything else is going good. Just got to keep reminding myself of those positives. :)

Thanks for the well wishing!:circle-of-love:

Still haven't got the new camera fixed, but I'll try and get some ipod pics of the runtlet up when she wakes up in 1/2 hr.

I think were @ 40 days into flower now. The more mature buds are gaining sugar like crazy! Still waiting for them to swell, but also worried I may have taken the defoliation too far. There's a lot of sativa in her though, so it could also just be the long flower cycle couple with the extremely short veg. We'll see.

So far 0-2 on the autos.

S.A.D.? dead
And one of the KC's dead too.

Both my own fault. 1st was poor germination technique.
Second nute destruction. Sensitive lil' bugger dropped a taproot into the res w/the Drizella Clone and the Black Russian and burned up. Also burned the other two as I bumped to the next feed level too soon:oops:. Have corrected that for now and both are thriving, though the lower leaves look awful. :) Getting this hydro thing dialed in. Have to break a few eggs to make an omlet "they" say. :) Using PH test strips to keep things in check. The seedlings seem to prefer things a bit more on the acidic side. @ 5.5 -5.6 seems to be the place for the B.Russian, while the clone likes it alk'd up to 5.8ish more.

Weird.

Much love to all.

I'll be back after I get the youngun to bed. :)

K

Goodness me. I don't think lots of hydro is going to be for me ... I can't be arsed with all that faffing about worrying if it's point this or point that. It would honestly drive me crazy (more than I am already :loopy:). I like plug and play as much as possible. But that's not important at all because it's your grow, so do you enjoy it my darling?

Once you get it dialled in though you will be able to sort out any problem that arises. That's a good thing! :thumb:

I hear you about the defoliation, it's difficult to know whether you are being too soft or too drastic. Personally I have given up trying to analyse Fluffy Chaos that much, it's too difficult. I just hope that if I actually follow a plan I won't make myself wait forever for things to work. It is a particular talent of mine! ..

:passitleft: Hence the reason I am so good at my job, I am a supreme organiser ... I take pride in my work so have learned to control Fluffy Chaos extremely well for those short periods of time ... the trouble is the Fluffiness is escaping more and more these days so my vague notion of changing career needs to be looked at a little more closely :blushsmile: :nomo:

I am hearing me echoed so much in here! :hug: I worried/am worrying about so much, and I think a lot of it is because we don't have the years of growing experience and knowledge under our belts so we know what is happening. Sure, we will always seek to learn new things and make a mess, but the rest won't phase us. Give us a few grows and we will start to look to new growers like we actually know what we are doing :shhh:

I can't wait to see the pictures. If it helps, I thought Ruby was never going to do anything and that I had made a very Fluffy mess of the whole thing (accompanied by typical Fluffy Freak Out episode where the entire world is going to end and I am never going to survive! :)). She is looking very fluffy indeed now, and I am well past what the packet said. The packets fib K'ster, don't listen to 'em ;) (iSmokes reassured me on this one, he was very right ... that young man has quite a talent for this game).

She wanted to say hello to you to make you smile and show you it will happen eventually!

Ruby_024.JPG

And the rest ... you know where I am. Nuff said.

Right, I'm going to go and get a second pair of socks now, clearly I need my warm Christmas Robin socks, the bright pink, purple and blue striped ones on their own aren't cutting it.

Look forward to seeing the pictures soon! (hint hint :blalol:)

:hug: :love:

Hum hum hum-hum-hum hum

I am being a PA again :)

Sir Korloin will be returning, at present he is attending to some priorities within his realm. I wanted to let everyone know on his behalf so his seat at the Fluffy Wonky Table is kept warm.

Right, now I've done that, where's my munchies in return? :)

Hey All!

Poor Runtlet took quite a hit from me this last week.

Nipped off a bud here and a bud there to help ease some of my anxiety and wound up nipping off more than I intended when all is said and done.:bigblush: But, things probably would be a lot worse today if I hadn't, I figure. The Mrs. and I are trying to get things worked out and have had 2 good days in a row. Sometimes, it seems, you have to hit the very bottom in order to truly see what you're falling from. Still feel like the floor is going to come out from under any moment now, but I'min the glow for now. Thanks for the support!

I'm gonna take Runtlet to the chop tomorrow (tomorrow is day 64 of flower) as my trichs on the remaining buds are just getting a lil' amber, but are mostly cloudy with @ 10% clear. Was able to successfully seed 3 branches, so I'll have some interesting smoke in the future to thank my girl for. With the seeded branches, I figure I'll still wind up with over a 1/4oz to enjoy! Probably would have gotten close to an ounce off of her if I hadn't gotten nippy. :)

The buds do really kick it up the last weeks!

Here are a couple pics from Dec. 2nd
IMG_26854.JPG

IMG_26797.JPG

IMG_26868.JPG

I'll post a pick of the final nugs later tonight and then close this journal.

Thank you all for everything!:circle-of-love:
I've learned so much on this run and finally brought one home!:high-five:
I consider this whole thing a grand success as the knowledge (and many seeds!) I've gained far outweighs the meager yield I acquired in value.

I was able to root 2 clones from Runtlet and I have the Black Russian and a KC Brains Auto seedling to journal next! I think I'll start showing that adventure off come the new year. Got a couple things I want to change on the box for next time too.
This isn't the last you'll hear from me. Next grow will yield huge!! :)

Hey All!

Poor Runtlet took quite a hit from me this last week.

Nipped off a bud here and a bud there to help ease some of my anxiety and wound up nipping off more than I intended when all is said and done.:bigblush: But, things probably would be a lot worse today if I hadn't, I figure. The Mrs. and I are trying to get things worked out and have had 2 good days in a row. Sometimes, it seems, you have to hit the very bottom in order to truly see what you're falling from. Still feel like the floor is going to come out from under any moment now, but I'min the glow for now. Thanks for the support!

I'm gonna take Runtlet to the chop tomorrow (tomorrow is day 64 of flower) as my trichs on the remaining buds are just getting a lil' amber, but are mostly cloudy with @ 10% clear. Was able to successfully seed 3 branches, so I'll have some interesting smoke in the future to thank my girl for. With the seeded branches, I figure I'll still wind up with over a 1/4oz to enjoy! Probably would have gotten close to an ounce off of her if I hadn't gotten nippy. :)

The buds do really kick it up the last weeks!

Here are a couple pics from Dec. 2nd
IMG_26854.JPG

IMG_26797.JPG

IMG_26868.JPG

I'll post a pick of the final nugs later tonight and then close this journal.

Thank you all for everything!:circle-of-love:
I've learned so much on this run and finally brought one home!:high-five:
I consider this whole thing a grand success as the knowledge (and many seeds!) I've gained far outweighs the meager yield I acquired in value.

I was able to root 2 clones from Runtlet and I have the Black Russian and a KC Brains Auto seedling to journal next! I think I'll start showing that adventure off come the new year. Got a couple things I want to change on the box for next time too.
This isn't the last you'll hear from me. Next grow will yield huge!! :)

Hope all works out my friend, been there. Got those sannie's seeds going and a new journal Have 8 of 9 up just waiting on the santa maria x blueberry to pop and when I put them all in the tent She had a tap root coming out of the seed so it should be soon. HAve a happy and safe Holiday season look forward to the new journal. Peace OG

Man! Sorry for the crappy pics again. New camera will be back as soon as I come up w/ the 100 bones for the repair costs.

Anyhoo, here's the last lonely little bud left on the runtlet before the final chop.
IMG_27183.JPG

Wound up getting @ 40+ viable (looking) seeds out of the Runtlet! (25 Drizella and 15 Drizella/ Kush hybrid (is that redundant?) and another 20 or so that may or may not sprout. So IMHO, a pretty damn good finish to such a hackneyed newbie grow!:slide:

It was a fun grow after all is said and done. I learned a TREMENDOUS amount and gained quite a bit of experience on the journey. :)
Thank you all for your encouragement, information and overall excellence! Wish there was a way for us to all have a big ol' get together so I could hug each and every one of you!:thanks::love::love::love::party::lot-o-toke::adore:

I'm closing this here journal down and moving on to phase 2!

Here's a lil' teaser of the Hydro setup until the new journal gets going-
IMG_27212.JPG

we have the 2 Runtlet clones in back, the Black Russian fem front right and one of the KCBrains Autos in the lil' hempy. Blue Planet Nutrients 3part elite are the nutes in use. I've taken out the carbon filter and am doing a little redesign for future filtration so I'm not blocking out light so much toward the front. Got my plans all drawn up and plan on putting it all together tomorrow while my wife and child visit her family for Christmas Day. I've also added a UFO style 50w LED to supplement some of the lighting. New journal will be up soon.

Happy whatever you bring to the solstice time and a healthy and green new year to all!!

:circle-of-love:
:ciao::peace::Namaste:

Korloin

Congratulations Korloin! Thanks for sharing your grow with us! :high-five:

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Looking forward to your new Journals in Progress:popcorn:

Hope all is well in your world.

Back
Top Bottom