Thoughts on the Advanced LED Diamond Series?

dieselhondas

From the research I've done so far I've decided on advanced LEDs new diamond series LEDs. As far as, price, quality, warranty, light spectrum, adjustability, special lenses on each led, 3w diods, and being able plug them into eachother. Am I missing something? Is there another better Light that does all of this? Searching gets a little overwhelming but in the end I think this is the right light to use. I would LOVE any imput that is helpful. Only the blue diods are bridgelux but I would like to think the other ones are still high quality. Any one ever have any problems with this light????? I'm only going for the DS200 or DS300. That way I can afford several side by side. Am I selling myself short with several 200's?? Will this be enough? If I buy a bigger light the footprint doesn't increase by much. Will more lower watt LEDs side by side be better? I think so but would like imput. What I don't want to do is debate HPS vs. LED. I am set on led. :thanks:

Hi dieselhondas,

Do a search for members named Magic beans, SteveHman, and Jozo-sha. They have posted a lot of info regarding LED in gerneral and AdvancedLED in particular. In fact, here is a grow journal I've been following for a while.... Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS

You'll find folks who are "LED friendly" and who have experience with them. Just check some of their sigs to see what they're doing currently and have done in the past with LED.

bona fortuna,
kw

hey diesel.

Last week I ordered a couple of DS200's and a 100. Mostly after reviews by several on here. Including the three that knockwood listed.

magicbeans has a real good comparison going on right now as knockwood mentioned. Check it out..

If you can solder build them yourself. This link is for aquarium lights just change the colors. I've found better pricing at other suppliers. I'm getting a large heat sink and starting with 24 leds then add more as i can afford it 24 at a time.

aquarium lights are not grow lights.

Your right change the colors and they are grow lights. The link is a is a great start at what you'll need and how to make them. I've found better pricing on individual components and wouldn't use the drilled and taped heat sink just thermal epoxy. It's just a start.

if by color you mean the light spectrum, then yes.

what degree are the lenses, what wattage diodes, how many per light?

have yOu done this before? What were your results if so?

What does that have to do with the Advanced LED light? Lets keep this on topic, start another thread if you feel the need.... :focus:

My DS100 arrived yesterday and I was extremely surprised at how bright it is, and how fast my little seedlings reacted to it. I didn't expect much since it was only the 100. My two DS200's will arrive tomorrow, and after this weekend I will have my grow room complete (for now..)
IMAG02226.jpg

My DS100 arrived yesterday and I was extremely surprised at how bright it is, and how fast my little seedlings reacted to it. I didn't expect much since it was only the 100. My two DS200's will arrive tomorrow, and after this weekend I will have my grow room complete (for now..)

I feel your excitement!

I've had my DS200 just a little over a week.... better than an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle; and you don't have to worry about shooting an eye out! (For those unfamiliar, this is a reference to "A Christmas Story," a movie that has become a holiday classic here in the states.)
I hope you share your upcoming projects.

wishing you success!
kw

I just got 4 of the 100w Diamond Series lights for a 4x4 space. I based this decision on the "core coverage" measurement provided by Advanced LED. With this configuration, I am able to cover my entire space in "core coverage" strength light, with some overlap. I chose this over two 200w lights or one 400w light because I fill the space with even light everywhere (in theory). I just started up (you can find my journal below) but so far I think it was a good choice.

Ongoing Grow Journal: White Russian, 4 x 100 w Advanced LED Diamond Series lights, Blue Planet Nutrients

How long is that daisy-chain cable? Is it included with Advanced's Diamond units?
Looks like something over a meter, in Ratattoey's pictures...

How long is that daisy-chain cable? Is it included with Advanced's Diamond units?
Looks like something over a meter, in Ratattoey's pictures...
I think they're about 24 inches, I have several but never measured them. They are long enough to spread out your lights, but not too long they get in the way. I have several Advanced grows journaled if you are interested in seeing different configurations.

Hello,

We are very sorry that this customer had issues with her light after a few months of use, as a company that stands behind their product we are of course going to make sure the light is fixed and taken care of right away. However to clarify on this as requested this statement is not 100% accurate.
For any returns for repairs if the customer has the original packaging we will arrange FedEx to pick up at their front door at no charge to the customer and return to us at our expense and fix the product and send back to the customer at our companies expense. However it clearly states on our website which was advised to the customer when she called our office under the Terms and Conditions - Returns and Refunds:

Customer is responsible for arranging and paying for return shipping for returns for refund. The customer is responsible for arranging and paying for return shipping for returns for repair if the customer does not have the original packaging that the light came in at the time of receiving the shipment. Damages occuring in return shipping are not the responsibility of Advanced LED, please be sure to insure the package!

Clearly states if they do not have the original packaging they are responsible for sending the item back to us, I personally explained to this customer the reason is because we are not insured for packaging that is not approved by FedEx which we have tested for warranty and package damages that if the light gets damaged in unauthorized packaging they will not pay the claim, to ensure that she is covered if the light gets damaged she would need to take it to either UPS or FedEx and have them package the light and ship back to us and to make sure they insure the package. We were unable to explain any further because the customer hung up on us and would not answer our phone calls back to try to finsih helping the customer.

With this being said we are again sorry that this failure has occured and we will 100% back our warranty and once we receive the light back we will repackage the light in "Original Packaging" and ship back to the customer at our costs, with a friendly reminder to please keep the packaging and not throw away.

Sincerely,

AdvancedLEDLights

It was way too complicated for me. For younger people or someone with electrical experience, it wouldn't be a problem. As I said in my original post on this thread, I have MS and I'm 68. I live alone. I don't have lots of "pals" with growing experience or anyone to help with this. I just thought this light would last longer before I started having trouble with it. Nothing lasts forever, but $1000 for 4 months? You must be joking. Like I said, I just got a bum light. It worked fantastic when I received it. And I am sure they do for the most part, just look at all the reviews. I just happened to get a bad one. I hoped they would replace it since it happened so soon, but that's the breaks. They will fix it if I pay to package and send it back. Shouldn't have to be this way after only 4 months. Not 4 years...4 months. I am not a happy camper

Hello,

We are very sorry that this customer had issues with her light after a few months of use, as a company that stands behind their product we are of course going to make sure the light is fixed and taken care of right away. However to clarify on this as requested this statement is not 100% accurate.
For any returns for repairs if the customer has the original packaging we will arrange FedEx to pick up at their front door at no charge to the customer and return to us at our expense and fix the product and send back to the customer at our companies expense. However it clearly states on our website which was advised to the customer when she called our office under the Terms and Conditions - Returns and Refunds:

Customer is responsible for arranging and paying for return shipping for returns for refund. The customer is responsible for arranging and paying for return shipping for returns for repair if the customer does not have the original packaging that the light came in at the time of receiving the shipment. Damages occuring in return shipping are not the responsibility of Advanced LED, please be sure to insure the package!

Clearly states if they do not have the original packaging they are responsible for sending the item back to us, I personally explained to this customer the reason is because we are not insured for packaging that is not approved by FedEx which we have tested for warranty and package damages that if the light gets damaged in unauthorized packaging they will not pay the claim, to ensure that she is covered if the light gets damaged she would need to take it to either UPS or FedEx and have them package the light and ship back to us and to make sure they insure the package. We were unable to explain any further because the customer hung up on us and would not answer our phone calls back to try to finsih helping the customer.

With this being said we are again sorry that this failure has occured and we will 100% back our warranty and once we receive the light back we will repackage the light in "Original Packaging" and ship back to the customer at our costs, with a friendly reminder to please keep the packaging and not throw away.

Sincerely,

AdvancedLEDLights

Just to clarify...you did not tell me ANY of this the first time I called you. You instead sent me 2 repair parts for a "do-it-yourself" fix with instructions that were off the chart! I did not dare attempt to try and figure it out. I was in the middle of a grow, so I told you I would finish and then attempt to repair it. Again, I choked when looking at light, then instructions, then parts, then I realized this was way beyond my knowledge as a layman. So I contacted you again and told you I was very apprehensive about trying to repair electrical things for fear I would screw it up. It was THEN that you explained I could return the light at my expense if I hadn't saved the original packaging. And yes, I did not check the "terms and conditions" of returns when I purchased this light with a 3 yr. warranty and all the great reviews on your site. Had it lasted 3 yrs I would have been EXTREMELY happy and more than likely purchased another when the first one went south. Had you even offered a discount for a small light to make up for it I would've been satisfied. I surely would not be spending my time regretting my purchase.

Well King John C, that would seem to be a nice thought. I have learned a lesson, it's never too late to learn. I learned no matter how great a warranty is or how many people have written marvelous things about a product, you still need to do your homework. Had I taken the time to read EVERYTHING on AdvancedLED's website, I would have known better than to throw away the box my light came in. I wasn't thinking about trouble and trouble always comes to those who aren't prepared. It's not AdvancedLED's fault. It was all there for me to read, my only excuse is I never thought I would have trouble with this expensive light 4 months after purchase. I would have known that packing this light up ever so often to ship back is something that would be difficult for me. When I read your reply, "can an empty box be shipped to Smarty Jones", it made me smile, then I laughed. And I realized how much this had frustrated me. I like laughing better. I am not posting any more about this light, I've learned a hard lesson. And I am ready to forget about this mess and start laughing again...
I am wondering if an empty box to return for repair could be shipped to smartyjones so that the LED light panel could be repaired?

Back
Top Bottom