Timber Grow Lights Powered By Samsung

Until now I've been using two 400 watt MH/HPS cooltube lights (side by side) to grow with. While I'm waiting for my two Timber 24SAMS to arrive I thought I'd build a grid to test the ppfd of both the MH/HPS and the LED's. My scrog area is 36" x 36" and I'll test at 24", 18" and 12" heights with both lights.

Today, before I removed the MH/HPS lights I tested them with the lights centered over the grid I built. Turns out that at 24" above, these lights running together would be a poor choice all the way around. At 18" above they would be adequate over the center 1 sq/ft. and diminish moving out from there. At 12" above they seem to be good in the 1 sq/ft area, adequate in the 2 sq/ft area and again poor in the 3 sq/ft area. Heres the results I observed.

My Timber lights have shipped and should be at Canadian customs today. Hopefully they'll be delivered next week and I'll test them in the same conditions and report the results again. I'm hoping for big improvements with the Timber lights.

Nice idea. Although... Since you are not taking advantage of the air-cooling duct flanges on those reflectors, you could remove the glass - and get, at a guess, about 9% more usable light per layer of glass that the light has to pass through.

The results are with the glass removed. I guess I should have mentioned that, thanks TorturedSoul. I removed the exhaust fan ducting a few days ago and wasn't sure what might happen with the glass left in so I pulled it before I turned them on today.

Until now I've been using two 400 watt MH/HPS cooltube lights (side by side) to grow with. While I'm waiting for my two Timber 24SAMS to arrive I thought I'd build a grid to test the ppfd of both the MH/HPS and the LED's. My scrog area is 36" x 36" and I'll test at 24", 18" and 12" heights with both lights.

Today, before I removed the MH/HPS lights I tested them with the lights centered over the grid I built. Turns out that at 24" above, these lights running together would be a poor choice all the way around. At 18" above they would be adequate over the center 1 sq/ft. and diminish moving out from there. At 12" above they seem to be good in the 1 sq/ft area, adequate in the 2 sq/ft area and again poor in the 3 sq/ft area. Heres the results I observed.

My Timber lights have shipped and should be at Canadian customs today. Hopefully they'll be delivered next week and I'll test them in the same conditions and report the results again. I'm hoping for big improvements with the Timber lights.

Nice presentation format!

For your viewing pleasure...

Day 42 of ?84?, under two timber 48sams w supplemental emerson and far red initiator boards in a 4x4, dwc:

715ED93F-7871-4116-92DF-CCD77CA4CB84.jpeg
4064F9F4-5219-4CDB-B4DE-24016AB6FC75.jpeg
EB7AAF9F-69F5-4428-BEEF-4ABBCCA5BD1C.jpeg
B4649820-768A-4F9F-9A2C-3D2AEF36F8E9.jpeg
BBF5D60C-5111-4B12-B5DF-9036FEFC6A26.jpeg

I can’t believe these lights!

My Lights from Timber Grow Lights arrived today. I bought two sets of the 24SAMS lights. Its a total of four Samsung QB288 boards with a total of 1152 diodes at 3000k. Each set (two boards) is powered by a Mean Well 240H-C2100B driver. Each has a dimmable 10% to 100% potentiometer.

The lights are set up and everything is mounted and connected. I've had a chance to play and make note of a few things but I haven't tested ppfd yet, tomorrows job. I'll post those results tomorrow but till then heres a few early observation I've noticed.
- Well packaged for shipping, used a sturdy box and a ton of bubble wrap, packed tightly.
- Quality of materials is excellent, heavy frame and a nice heat sinks with lots of surface area.
- Nice job on all the wiring and assembling, its what I expected from Timber.
- After one hour at full power, the boards were 54 ⁰ C (129 ⁰ F).
- I have 10 inches more head room with these lights, thats big to me.
More tomorrow after I've had a chance to test.

My Lights from Timber Grow Lights arrived today. I bought two sets of the 24SAMS lights. Its a total of four Samsung QB288 boards with a total of 1152 diodes at 3000k. Each set (two boards) is powered by a Mean Well 240H-C2100B driver. Each has a dimmable 10% to 100% potentiometer.

The lights are set up and everything is mounted and connected. I've had a chance to play and make note of a few things but I haven't tested ppfd yet, tomorrows job. I'll post those results tomorrow but till then heres a few early observation I've noticed.
- Well packaged for shipping, used a sturdy box and a ton of bubble wrap, packed tightly.
- Quality of materials is excellent, heavy frame and a nice heat sinks with lots of surface area.
- Nice job on all the wiring and assembling, its what I expected from Timber.
- After one hour at full power, the boards were 54 ⁰ C (129 ⁰ F).
- I have 10 inches more head room with these lights, thats big to me.
More tomorrow after I've had a chance to test.

Saweeeeet light

Love the frame

@TimberGrowLights does such a great job

Testing completed and heres the results I got doing a ppfd comparison of 2 x 400watt MH/HPS lights and 2 - 240w Timber 24SAMS LED lights. Both were tested over a 36" x 36" grid at 12", 18" and 24" above the grid and are represented in the first two charts.

The third chart is an 18" height comparison running both lights at max power on the drivers as displayed in red and green. The third number represents the 240w LED increase in ppfd's over the 400w MH bulbs.

Clearly the LED's out produce the HID's at all points on the grid.

Samsung rates these boards at a max current of 3000ma. My drivers are constant current drivers and max out at 2100ma so theres certainly more current that could be put to them with a bit bigger driver and hence more ppfd's.

Back
Top Bottom